Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 AM
New Fan

Normal Again... Again: Buffy and Angel

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, and here's something that I NEEDED to start writing... it's incomplete, and in exchange of new chapters, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if you could tell me if you like it etc. perrrrleeeease? I've had this fic up on fanfiction.net for a while now but have had NO reviews so far, so I don't think I'll be continuing it there . Anyways, here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

Normal Again... Again

AU - Buffy is adjusting to the whole Slayer world being a figment of her imagination, with her greatest loss being the love of her life. But even in a world where vampires, magic and Slayers don't exist, will Buffy find her way back to her Angel?

Disclaimer & A/N: I do not own any of the Buffyverse characters, because if I did...well, B/A would have never broken up
So I'm a big fan of AU fics where everyone is human and I ran out of good stories to read, so I decided to write my own! PLEASE review, it will make me so happy and give me the inspiration to keep writing The first couple of chapters will be nice and clean but expect it to get smutty as we go along... no under 18s please!
The story starts within the last few minutes of 'Normal Again', season 6 of BtVS. Everyone is human. Enjoy!

---------

Buffy slammed her head against the wall, repeatedly, in an agitated manner as Joyce looked at her daughter helplessly, tears stinging her eyes.

"Buffy? Buffy! Buffy, fight it. You're too good to give in - you can beat this thing. Be strong, baby, ok? I know you're afraid. I know the world feels like a hard place sometimes, but you've got people who love you." She finally let her tears flow as the words left her mouth. "Your dad and I, we have all the faith in the world in you. We'll always be with you."

Buffy looked at her mother, fighting back her own tears as the words started to sink in.

"You've got… a whole world of strength in your heart; I know you do. You just have to find it again…" Joyce whispered as she continued, "believe in yourself."

Sniffling, Buffy looked her mother in the eye as she spoke. "You're right," she gave a sad smile, "thank you."

It's been exactly six months since I got better. I'm no longer a schizophrenic but I'm pretty sure I would have been happier that way. Getting over that entire alternate universe has been the worst part, and the depression that came along with it was just as hard.

A twenty-two year old with no formal education or skills that I know of, I wander the streets most mornings, usually ending up at Starbuck's by lunchtime. So here I am, sipping a mocha latte, and skimming through the latest issue of Vogue; something that my sixteen-year-old self was very accustom to. But that was before. Before vampires - before Sunnydale - and before Angel. My Angel.

No. None of those things are real.

With a loud sigh, Buffy shut the copy of Vogue and tossed it on the table in front of her. On the seat next to her, she spotted a copy of the day's newspaper, and picked it up to have a skim through. "I think it's time for me to find my own place," she said to herself quietly, recalling a conversation she'd had with her father, that same morning.

"Buffy," Hank smiled at his only daughter as he poured her a glass of orange juice "can I talk to you?"

"Sure. What's up, Dad?" She asked as she took a seat at the breakfast table, accepting the glass of juice from him.

"Okay, well, I won't beat around the bush, honey. Your mother and I know how bored you are, living here with us… and who can blame you! You're our baby, but you're nearly twenty-three now, and you've done so well in the last six months recovering. We just wanted to let you know… you have a combined trust fund from your Grandfather and I, and in the last few years the interest it's collected has boomed. Now, you might not be ready, so this isn't an ultimatum or an order, I'm just letting you know that if you want it, the offer's there. Your mother and I thought that just as you're figuring out what to do with yourself, you may want to get a place of your own. Your trust fund actually has collected that much interest that, well, to put it bluntly – you could live for the next 10 years relying on that interest alone. Are you understanding this?"

Buffy's grip tightened around the glass as she listened to her father, really trying to absorb the words. She'd never really thought of her finances (or lack of, as she so thought) but this was just unreal. She didn't want to say it, but didn't know how else she could word the question.

"I'm rich?"

She smiled a little to herself as she thought about it. The first thing she wanted to do was donate some money to the clinic that treated her when she was ill, but seeing as the property section of the newspaper was right there…

"Screw it, I'm just gonna look. " She muttered to herself as she flicked through the paper. The truth was, as much as she loved her parents, she couldn't wait to gain her independence again. 'Again? No, Sunnydale wasn't real. The last time I acted independently was when I learned to use the potty.'

After half an hour of looking at properties in all of the one hundred and fourteen neighbourhoods in Los Angeles, she still hadn't found an apartment that really screamed "Buffy". Sighing, she put the newspaper down on the table and picked her mug up for a sip of the now cold coffee. Just as she was lifting it to her lips, her eyes widened as she spotted something on the paper she had just put down. Buffy quickly set the mug back down on the table and took a proper look at the property.

"#214 Canoga Park, California 91304. That's in West Valley…" She said aloud. "Completely remodelled two bathroom and two bedroom condo…$175,000. Not bad." Grinning to herself, she dialled the realtor's number.

"Hey mom," she said to Joyce over the phone twenty minutes later. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to have a look at an apartment I'm interested in…"

"Oh Buffy, so you don't think it's too soon for you?" Joyce asked

"No! Oh, no of course not! I don't want you or dad to think that your suggestion offended me, okay? You're right, I really want to start my life on my own."

"I'm so glad to hear that honey," Buffy smiled at Joyce's response. "I'll let you get to that appointment then, good luck!"

As she stepped into the newly remodelled condo, Buffy couldn't help but grin. It was simple yet elegant-looking, even in it's furniture-less form. She couldn't help but think that it 'was so her'.

"Would you like to see the balcony, Miss Summers?" Anne, the real estate agent asked the amazed young lady.

"Oh," Buffy smiled as she turned to look at Anne "yes, please! I didn't know there was a balcony too. This place really has it all, doesn't it?"

"It most certainly does. This way," Anne directed as she stepped out onto the balcony.

"Oh my, the view is just… it's beautiful," she remarked, astonished by the view of the pool and the rest of the lovely neighbourhood. Going back in to the apartment, she twirled a little, taking in the entire apartment before stopping to look at Anne in all seriousness. "So, where do I sign?"

"Thanks so much for helping me move Daddy, I wouldn't have minded if you'd just hired movers to do it for me!" Buffy hugged Hank tightly as they stood in the middle of her new apartment, now accessorised with boxes crammed with Buffy's belongings.

"Sweetie, you know that's not how we do things. I wanted to help!" Hank beamed at his daughter. This was what she wanted, and it elated him to see her happy… even if that meant her living half an hour away from the family home in Silver Lake. "Are you gonna come to the car and get the last box? I've got to dash off if I plan on being on time for dinner!" He exclaimed at the realisation of what time it was as he looked at his watch.

Breaking the embrace, Buffy lead him out of the apartment and down the elevator that lead to the car park. She grabbed her last box of things from Hank's car and waved goodbye as he drove out of the block. She stood there for about a full minute, not quite knowing what to do next.

"I guess this is the part where I… go back to my apartment." She stated. As happy as she was to finally have her own space, she couldn't help feeling a little bit of sadness seeing her dad leave for the place that was no longer, truly, her home.

She sighed as she padded her way back up to her new home. As the elevator doors began to shut, she heard the voice of a man shouting for her to "hold the doors open!", which she repeatedly jabbed the "door open" button to do so. As he ran into the elevator, she didn't get a glimpse of his face as he was slumped against the wall, with his head down, panting for breath. She couldn't help but take in every inch of him with her eyes, noticing that he was wearing black jeans with smart shoes, and a black shirt that clung to him in just all the right places. His hair was dark brown and spiked with the slightest bit of hair product. He seemed so familiar for a stranger. He then stretched one of his long, muscular arms out to press the button for the third floor, a movement so sudden that it broke Buffy out of her reverie.

"Thanks for holding the door open," Buffy's belly did a flop and she felt as though she had been paralysed when she heard him speak properly. No, no, no, no, no.

At that very moment, he regained his breath and looked up at her with his chocolate brown eyes that made her weak at the knees , holding his hand out to shake hers. "You must be new in the building. I'm Liam,"

And then everything went black.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have a fan fiction thread where this post would be more appropriate. I'm closing this thread now

Please read the Introduction Guide which is topped on the board before you continue.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread