Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah i thin kthe WB is getting the hint that the show actually is being watched by a lot of people. so they are doing more

at this rate it will be the highest rated WB show. whoo hooo lol

Bhery
Old 10-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wednesday night's my favorite night of the week 'cause of Smallville & Angel.

~Kat
Old 10-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

4.7 means 4.7 million people watched it and the /7 is the Share.These numbers are actually just overnights though and when the final numbers come in they are usually higher.You cant really go by just that though.You have to look at how the other shows on at the same time did,what age groups watched etc etc.You also have to realize that a show on the Wb or Upn is gonna get lower numbers then other networks because not everyone has the WB and UPN.So a show on NBC like ER would get like 20 million viewers and be a huge hit while a normal sized hit show might get about 8-10.A show on like Upn/wb would get 6-8 like Smallville and be a huge hit and get 4-5 and be a good sized hit.But once again its more important what age groups and types of people watch.i.e. the ones that spend money.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks ShadeTCM, hopefully that breaks it down for the posters who are unfamilar with ratings.

With Angel against shows like 'The West Wing,' it is doing great. Usually, shows suffer even more up against a show like TWW. Plus, the ratings are moving up, doing better than other popular WB shows, improving big time from last year, and already has a full season pickup after two episodes - that is good signs. And with the promo mentioning Buffy's name for next week, it could help, LOL, never know! I just can't get over how the highest rating for last season was a 4.0/6 and these two episodes have beat that by a huge percentage. Hopefully these ratings will remain the same or even higher.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Passionate Fan

This is really, really good news.

The WB took a big risk moving "Smallville" to Wednesday nights. If "Angel" doesn't hold the lead-in audience they'll be in big trouble, but so far so good.

I know it's way to soon to start thinking about it, but the WB does have an option for a season 6. It's nice to have hope that this won't be the last season.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok:
<STRONG>I know it's way to soon to start thinking about it, but the WB does have an option for a season 6. It's nice to have hope that this won't be the last season.</STRONG>
Yes, I don't really want to think about that yet, but so far so good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Brian thanks for posting that ratings info. I'm glad Jordan Levin came to his senses and decided to run a full 22 episodes.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together-Oprah Winfrey
Old 10-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadeTCM:
<STRONG>4.7 means 4.7 million people watched it and the /7 is the Share.</STRONG>
Actually, the 4.7 means something different, as far as I understand.

The overnight rating for Just Rewards was 4.7/7.

The first number is the percentage of all households that were watching Angel, whether or not they were watching television.

The second number is the percentage of households watching television that were watching Angel.

So, 4.7% of all households, whether they were watching television during that hour or not, were watching Angel. Of the households that were watching television during that hour, 7% were watching Angel.

Overnight ratings come from a sample of households from the 55 largest markets in the country. Markets are cities or regions. For a list of all markets, go here.

Final national ratings come from a sample of households from all markets, and they are obviously the most important, since they are the final ratings. The final national rating for the premiere was 3.4/5.

Fast national ratings come from a sample of households from all markets (like final national ratings), but they are preliminary (like overnight ratings). I think that fast national ratings for the WB and UPN are new this season, so it's best to use overnight ratings when comparing to previous seasons.

Total viewers are different. Households may have more than one viewer. 5.17 million viewers watched the premiere of Angel. Total viewer numbers are released with final national ratings, so they haven't been released for Just Rewards yet.

Confusing, huh? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, Brian! Took a little muddling, but I think I do understand now.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Jay
Master Fan

i think Smallville helped build up to Angel..but i'm pretty sure that the main reason the ratings are very good and getting higher..is simple beacause of their newest regular addition known as Spike. i mean he' could possibly be the reason why WB gave "Angel" another season..when they first of James shipping on board..and u know what that means..buffy fans will join along. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] there are alot of Spike fans out there..so it's no surpise there. and plus they got rid of that little punk Connor and Cordy..maybe that helped.

with Spike in "Angel"..the show is twice as better than it was.

gotta love Spike..and i truly hope that he and Buffy will find a way to be together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-09-2003: Message edited Jay_10 ]
Old 10-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10:
<STRONG>i think Smallville helped build up to Angel..but i'm pretty sure that the main reason the ratings are very good and getting higher..is simple beacause of their newest regular addition known as Spike. i mean he' could possibly be the reason why WB gave "Angel" another season..when they first of James shipping on board..and u know what that means..buffy fans will join along. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] there are alot of Spike fans out there..so it's no surpise there. and plus they got rid of that little punk Connor and Cordy..maybe that helped.

with Spike in "Angel"..the show is twice as better than it was.

gotta love Spike..and i truly hope that he and Buffy will find a way to be together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-09-2003: Message edited Jay_10 ]</STRONG>
Hey Jay I totally agree! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] but I do miss Cordy. I never liked Connor.

[ 10-09-2003: Message edited Jaime Bee ]

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-10-2003, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks Brian for the info, great news [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nirvana1:
<STRONG>

I highly doubt it was just cause of Spike.</STRONG>
I know. I wasn't saying that it was just because of Spike. Just that he played a role in the ratings increase.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

A gargantuan role, you might say.

Someone should start an official ratings thread, but that's just a suggestion.

But please continue with the did he or didn't he debate; I never get tired of it.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Good news. [img]smilies/party.gif[/img] I love good news!