Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Hello again. So I have just finished watching the Dracula episode and I've found this pictures to share

Riley looks so happy in this one

I'm trying now to find the image for this sentence "BUFFY: You really have a lot to learn about women, Riley.
RILEY: You're gonna teach me." Do you remember this ep?? Riley was so in charge at that time. I loved it. Then in Season 5 the writers made him so insecure. Bummer !! Stupid writers

Icon by:Hilery00
Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Look what I've found !!

I totally agree with this post below:

"I think Buffy's a pretty emotionally screwed up person, which she recognizes herself, due to her parent's divorce (abandonment issues as explored throughout S1-3), her entire relationship with Angel, and her need to be on the offensive all the time as a Slayer. Therefore, her unease with Riley's comfortable love is a pretty natural reaction from someone who doesn't trust easily. Riley's "being mopey" isn't because Buffy isn't paying attention to him, it's because she is not emotionally open to being vulnerable with him the way he is with her, which translates into a one-sided relationship, because in my opinion love is being able to be vulnerable with someone and trust them with your vulnerabilities. Riley trusts Buffy, but Buffy does not trust Riley, and she realizes that too late. She obviously regrets not letting her guard down with him, but she also knows that she wasn't ready to at the time. It's not a boring relationship, as many seem to think, it's a realistic one. It's funny that people prefer Bangel and Spuffy when both Angel and Spike have hurt Buffy the most and actually caused much of her insecurities in relationships. I mean, not only did Angel break Buffy's heart in S3, but how does a girl get over her boyfriend's pesky evil twin Angelus trying to kill all her loved ones all because he only comes out to play when you express your love for each other physically? Talked about an awful relationship, if you can even call it a relationship! And Spike tried to rape Buffy...I mean, really? People really prefer these guys to Riley? Don't get me wrong, I like Bangel and Spuffy too, but I like them because they are ridiculous. I love Riley and Buffy because they were a happy, fun, cute couple. Riley was Buffy's first shot at a somewhat average relationship, but hopefully not her last.

Also, Marc Blucas is super hot, so maybe the reason SMG seemed so uncomfortable around him shirtless is that he really made her nervous "

I will be nervous for sure

And don't get me wrong, I still like Angel and Spike and enjoyed both relationships but I don't understand why people insist in 'hating' Riley when he's such a nice guy.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Happy New Year to you all !!

watching another ep, where Riley says the most beautiful things to Buffy. the ep after the replacement where he's feeling sick and they had to go back to the initiative to cure him.

****sigh***

Old 01-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Hey, vecastone! I know you're new here, so you probably didn't know about it, but you can't make more than one post in a row. A double post is kinda ok though, if your post is a little old (weeks/months etc) and you're just trying to bring the thread back to life. Otherwise, please avoid it from now on ok?

"Out of My Mind"? That episode makes me really feel for Riley's character.

Quote:
Riley's "being mopey" isn't because Buffy isn't paying attention to him, it's because she is not emotionally open to being vulnerable with him the way he is with her, which translates into a one-sided relationship, because in my opinion love is being able to be vulnerable with someone and trust them with your vulnerabilities. Riley trusts Buffy, but Buffy does not trust Riley, and she realizes that too late.
This is spot on.

Quote:
I'm trying now to find the image for this sentence "BUFFY: You really have a lot to learn about women, Riley.
RILEY: You're gonna teach me." Do you remember this ep?? Riley was so in charge at that time. I loved it. Then in Season 5 the writers made him so insecure. Bummer !! Stupid writers
That's the final scene of "Something Blue".
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi Ace of Hearts Didn't know about the double post, will keep it in mind.

Thanks for your comments on my posts. I'm rewatching the entire series that's why I comment on several episodes. And it's my first rewatching for Buffy so it's been yearsssss since I saw those eps on TV.

and

Here I found some pics of "Something blue" and the final quote of the ep. The Replacement

RILEY: (grinning) Hey, I'm well aware of how lucky I am. Like, lottery lucky. Buffy's like nobody else in the world. When I'm with her it's like ... it's like I'm split in two. Half of me is just ... on fire, going crazy if I'm not touching her. The other half ... is so still and peaceful ... just perfectly content. Just knows: this is the one. (Smiles a little, continues packing for a moment, then looks up at Xander again.) But she doesn't love me. ...." snif snif

Old 01-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

No problem, vecastone!

Awesome that you're doing a rewatch. That's one of the things I wanna do this year.

That scene in Replacement always gets me. It is so well done. The lines, the acting, everything. Just the way Riley says that 'but she doesn't love me', and then Xander's reaction... Marc and Nick did an amazing job with that one!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree the acting was wonderful on both sides.

Riley was so honest and open and so down to earth. He had the picture perfect clear about Buffy. And Xander's face show exactly that.... he realized that Riley knew perfect well where he was into. And showed amazement and realization and admiration. Don't you think?

Old 01-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Exactly. That was when he became 'Team Riley'
Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Goo Team Riley !!

Old 01-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Just finished watching "Into the Woods" .. it was sad to see him go !!

I really thought he was going to come back to her life. Riley was perfect for her.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Cute pics

I'm all for team Riley too! I think he gets way too much stick
Old 10-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like Riley too, after more rewatches. My younger self was probably just annoyed at him for not being Angel. They were never going to last, but Buffy deserved a solid reliable guy and a normal relationship for a time and he gave her that. And while I didn't agree with some of the things he did, I could at least see his point of view most of the time. I was really glad that him and Buffy got proper closure in S6.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Like any other character on the series, he did make mistakes, but I do think that when you put yourself in his shoes it's pretty easy to see why & what he was going through. He was a good guy, he was good for Buffy while they lasted & I'm glad that things worked out for him in the end
Old 10-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad we got to see him in S6, his character and his relationship with Buffy deserved that.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, he was so sad when he left so it was good to know that he had found some happiness