Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

To me, that's what makes it realistic. Humans don't always word things all that well at times
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 02-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Buffy's "it's too dangerous" excuse was really weak considering Willow had been helping her for years, and Willow (along with Xander and Oz) spent the entire previous summer fighting evil without Buffy.

I see a common complaint directed towards the later seasons was the distance between the Scoobies, but the Scoobies had been growing distant as early as S3, I think. Willow has a deep fear that the people in her life will eventually realize that she's just a lame nerd, stop loving her and leave her behind. And these fears manifested a lot more than usual in S3. After the fluke incident, she and Xander were keeping their distance, she was still earning her trust back from Oz and now Buffy was neglecting her to spend more time with Faith. I always feel for Willow in the "Bad Girls"/"Consequences" episodes.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 02-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

That really was a primary theme of Season 4 as well, showing that the gang was growing apart as they got older
Old 02-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
Buffy's "it's too dangerous" excuse was really weak considering Willow had been helping her for years, and Willow (along with Xander and Oz) spent the entire previous summer fighting evil without Buffy.
I agree, it's clear in the scene that Buffy & Willow were kind of in denial over their issues, I think that if it had gone on for longer Willow would have called her out on that fact
Old 02-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

That honestly seems like a problem between them at varying points in the show; neither of them being able to talk about each other's problems, whether they involve each other or not. I can't truly blame them at all for that, but at the same time, it's an issue that leads to things getting a bit worse at points when they could have easily been solved.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, but I guess it's true to real life in that way. I do feel like we were robbed of lots of scenes that should have taken place though - I mean, with Willow going evil, aside from that moment at the end of 7x03, we didn't really get anything & after Willow found out that Buffy had been in heaven too. I think the last real significant conversation they had was probably the one at the end of Wrecked
Old 02-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

^ Sad to see how their friendship kind of slacked off over the seasons since they were such besties in s1. Watched "I Robot, You Jane" last night and it was nice to see Buffy trying to protect Willow from unknown, creepy internet guy. She had no idea he was actually a demon but she was concerned anyway. And I like that Willow really started doubting the guy once he started saying bad things about Buffy.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I Robot You Jane wasn`t really my favourite episode to be honest.
But it was nice how worried Buffy was about Willow.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Sad to see how their friendship kind of slacked off over the seasons since they were such besties in s1. Watched "I Robot, You Jane" last night and it was nice to see Buffy trying to protect Willow from unknown, creepy internet guy. She had no idea he was actually a demon but she was concerned anyway. And I like that Willow really started doubting the guy once he started saying bad things about Buffy.
It's a bit realistic though. People grow apart and all that
Old 02-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think it is realistic, but that's not the problem I have with it, the problem I have is that the writers just seemed to stop putting very much effort into the friendships that had been the foundation of the show since the beginning.....

I like IRYJ, it's not the best, but I liked how it's basically an ep about catfishing
Old 02-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I can agree with that. I'm not sure exactly what caused that. Towards the end of the show, it just seemed like they were trying to get everything in that they could, and rather than focus on quality, it became an issue of making sure as much was in it as possible
Old 03-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It stopped feeling like an ensemble show to me....it felt like it became the Buffy & Spike show & everyone else suffered for it imo
Old 03-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed Plus they spent way too much time on the Potentials, and the show's other relationships suffer as a result
Old 03-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They really did, it's just so frustrating after 6 years to see so many of the central characters get shafted in the final season

you have fruit punch mouth
Old 03-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

I completely agree

So cute!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread