Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2020, 02:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Which one is that? I don't recognize that title though I know Helen's work.
Without You
Summary: Here’s the details for ya: Demons have totally taken over Sunnydale, there's no Slayer or Watcher and there's only Cordy and Willow of the main SG around. The humans that are left alive are hiding out in caves, tunnels and whatnot.
Angel still has his soul but he's very Beigy as in dominent, overbearing, growly and snarly. He's with Spike at the mansion in Sunnydale and though he has a soul, he's not really all that bothered about the state of things!
One night when it's Cordy's turn to go get food for her and Willow, she runs into Angel and Spike who force her to take them to hers and Willow's little hideout. The vampires take both girls as slaves and things happen!!!
In my version I planned to have Angelus not Angel but to be honest, this would be more fun if it was Beige Angel!
Quote:
I'm now re-reading 'The Fall' by Rachelle, a very well done C/Aus. I forgot Cordy was so Faith level badass in this fic!
I'm not sure if I've read The Fall. I need to check it out. I love C/Aus.

I've dug out my old hard drive to find my old collection of CA art/pics/caps.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 07-16-2020 at 02:40 PM
Old 07-16-2020, 02:52 PM
Absolute Fan

These caps make it look like they are on a date and she is not impressed...but he's trying in his own dorky way.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Without You
Summary: Here’s the details for ya: Demons have totally taken over Sunnydale, there's no Slayer or Watcher and there's only Cordy and Willow of the main SG around. The humans that are left alive are hiding out in caves, tunnels and whatnot.
Angel still has his soul but he's very Beigy as in dominent, overbearing, growly and snarly. He's with Spike at the mansion in Sunnydale and though he has a soul, he's not really all that bothered about the state of things!
One night when it's Cordy's turn to go get food for her and Willow, she runs into Angel and Spike who force her to take them to hers and Willow's little hideout. The vampires take both girls as slaves and things happen!!!
In my version I planned to have Angelus not Angel but to be honest, this would be more fun if it was Beige Angel!
Oh, that one.
I had the wrong title, but that is the one I was referencing when I mentioned Willow having a dream in which she has a threesome with Angel and Spike.
Cordy reads it in her diary but missed the beginning line on the previous page that establishes it as a dream so she believes it actually happened and gets pissed at both Willow and Angel.

I didn't like how it ended because it felt abrupt and I remember this sort of important shaman woman character who randomly teases the whole AtS CA dynamic but she has like no development. I found that a bit irritating.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I've read The Fall. I need to check it out. I love C/Aus.
The Fall.
W&H finally realizes that they can cut the crap and just de-soul Angel themselves and Cordy give herself over to Angelus as a distraction while Wesley returns to Sunnydale for help.

The most recent one I re-read is To Be a Wife by Cordelia's Destiny.

Cordelia must go undercover as Angel's wife and bait herself to be kidnapped by a demon mafia.

Quote:
I've dug out my old hard drive to find my old collection of CA art/pics/caps.

Oh I've seen the video these are from! It's a very well done Angeles/Evil!Cordy video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Ir...&index=42&t=0s
She's one of the best CA/Aus vidders!

Quote:

This is DB/CC in that top 10 video thing or whatever it was right? Sorry I'm blanking.
I loved how flirty they were especially in that last image, I swear he's very nearly doing the hair sniffing thing in AtS.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-17-2020, 11:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I didn't like how it ended because it felt abrupt and I remember this sort of important shaman woman character who randomly teases the whole AtS CA dynamic but she has like no development. I found that a bit irritating.
Yeah, I think the ending is a little abrupt in comparison to the pace of the rest of the fic, but by that point, after writing such a generously long CA fic, I can see why the author would be ready to wrap it up.

I would've totally read a sequel of CA in LA had she written one tho haha.

I really love all the slow burn CA build up in the fic. And beige Angel with Sunnydale CA in a Wishverse AU. Such a unique take.
Quote:
The most recent one I re-read is To Be a Wife by Cordelia's Destiny.
Is that fic on your rec list? I think I read it recently.

Quote:
Cordelia must go undercover as Angel's wife and bait herself to be kidnapped by a demon mafia.
I wish there was more 'pretend to be a couple undercover' CA fics. I love that trope. God bless Dock's 24/7 fic.

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Ir...&index=42&t=0s
She's one of the best CA/Aus vidders!
Thank you for linking the video! I couldn't remember the source.

Quote:
This is DB/CC in that top 10 video thing or whatever it was right? Sorry I'm blanking.
I loved how flirty they were especially in that last image, I swear he's very nearly doing the hair sniffing thing in AtS
Yeah, it's from Videos That Don't Suck presented by Buffy Cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu8eYFxC1hM

It looks like it was filmed during BTVS S3, because SMG is wearing an outfit Buffy wears in S3 and also has her S3 hair.
You can tell that CC/DB get along well and see where the CA chemistry comes from and why they went on to be the leads of Angel's show.

They are being so jokey/giggly.

When CC says Cordy and Angel don't always get along or see eye-to-eye and DB disagrees lololol. Is that why he didn't play Angel as 'unimpressed' with Cordy in Halloween?

More fodder for my fanon that he couldn't play Angel as disliking Cordy because he found CC too charming.

Edit: more caps (from mostly 1x02) incoming.

She was so excited about their business cards. I love that she made them herself. We stan a take charge queen.

His baffled but ultimately trying to be supportive reaction to her 'lobster' logo.

The cuteness jumped out.

I wonder if Doyle ever felt like a 3rd wheel due to their Sunnydale history?

Look at how he is already smiling at her. And these are from 1x01 and 1x02 (heck, throw in the Halloween smile and the smile when he finds her in the dumpster in SAR). She always had this affect.

You can see Angel dying inside at her typing skills. (Just throwing this out there, but, psst, Angel, I type over 60 wpm, hire me! ).

Angel being baffled (yet again) but concerned by the state of her apartment.

OT...Idk if this cap has been lightened or what...but he straight up looks like he's walking in the day here.

Last edited by straws; 07-17-2020 at 12:30 PM
Old 07-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I think the ending is a little abrupt in comparison to the pace of the rest of the fic, but by that point, after writing such a generously long CA fic, I can see why the author would be ready to wrap it up.
I can understand that.

Quote:
I would've totally read a sequel of CA in LA had she written one tho haha.
Count me in though I'd need to re-read the first one first, it's been a while.

Quote:
I really love all the slow burn CA build up in the fic. And beige Angel with Sunnydale CA in a Wishverse AU. Such a unique take.
I am not as big a fan of beige-Angel though I did find him intriguing in 'Are You Now or Have You Ever Been' but this was a pretty well-done concept other than the Willow threesome dream.

(as far as I'm concerned he was basically beige in 1952, I'd go as far as to call him sociopathic. He listened to a man shoot himself without flinching and gave the rest of the Hyperion's guests to the demon, all with a soul. The fact that Judy had inspired him to attempt to care is what made it an interesting cocktail of both beige and champion!Angel).

Quote:
Is that fic on your rec list? I think I read it recently.

I wish there was more 'pretend to be a couple undercover' CA fics. I love that trope. God bless Dock's 24/7 fic.
It is. So is 24/7.
I loved Bob, the villain of the fic.
It was a bit too naive for a grown man to have never heard of S&M or BDSM as is suggested by his concern that Angel was being too rough with Cordy sexually but at the same time I found his viewpoint quite unique.

Angel freaking the cult out by appearing to be dead from the poisoning and then crashing the party was epic! Though I am surprised that it even knocked him out.

Quote:
Thank you for linking the video! I couldn't remember the source.

Quote:
When CC says Cordy and Angel don't always get along or see eye-to-eye and DB disagrees lololol. Is that why he didn't play Angel as 'unimpressed' with Cordy in Halloween?
As far as I read the scripted queue was 'Uncomfortable and disgusted' and but I digress.
That's a great catch. I'm officializing this head-canon in the CA community.

Quote:
Edit: more caps (from mostly 1x02) incoming.

She was so excited about their business cards. I love that she made them herself. We stan a take charge queen.

His baffled but ultimately trying to be supportive reaction to her 'lobster' logo.

The cuteness jumped out.
That 'yay daddy likes it, I did good' smile like a kindergartener.

Quote:

I wonder if Doyle ever felt like a 3rd wheel due to their Sunnydale history?
His fit over their being roommates in RWAV is quite telling that he does, that it's a main reason he viewed Angel as a threat to his chances with Cordy.

Quote:

Look at how he is already smiling at her. And these are from 1x01 and 1x02 (heck, throw in the Halloween smile and the smile when he finds her in the dumpster in SAR). She always had this affect.
That first one at the end of 1x1 after she declares them a business and leaves the room like a true regal lol while Doyle foreshadows their connection like a boss. Epic!

Quote:

You can see Angel dying inside at her typing skills. (Just throwing this out there, but, psst, Angel, I type over 60 wpm, hire me! ).
Lol. I still wanna know where he learned computers.
I don't know my WPM (I've tested it before but not recently) but we took typing lessons my freshman year of high school and some at home with a software my dad got me. Bottomline, I'm a decent typist myself. I'll absolutely take a job at AI!

Quote:

Angel being baffled (yet again) but concerned by the state of her apartment.
And I still like our head-canon that this is the reason he started cooking for her.

Quote:

OT...Idk if this cap has been lightened or what...but he straight up looks like he's walking in the day here.
HE SHANSHUED! Lol.

Did AtS get the Fox re-master treatment?
I'm reminded of the the remastered version of the scene in BtVS when Angel sleeps on the floor in Buffy's room and it looks like afternoon and there's light filtering in through her blinds and shining over Angel's face.

There is also a shot in AtS's 'Lonely Hearts' during the first Angel/demon fight inside the house where a camera and it's operator's arm are visible for about 2-3 seconds.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Some pretty

https://peanut-butterandbananasandwi.../all-i-know-is
Old 07-25-2020, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lot of great photos here.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I think that filter coloring is too overbearing, it's difficult to read the text and Cordy is pratically hidden from sight in the second image in the second coloum.

It's, however a beautiful set and sentiment.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

More

https://livingfivebyfive.tumblr.com/...t-at-the-night
Old 07-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

That set is perfect.
I appeciate that it portrays that meeting as if Skip didn't ruin it!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 08-04-2020, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it gives you a glimpse of that 'what if'
Old 08-17-2020, 10:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I had to dig my old laptop out from the bottom of my closet. It's on its last lag and is painfully slow to use, but I miss this thread.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I miss YOU Straws and our watch parties.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 08-18-2020, 06:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
I miss YOU Straws and our watch parties.
Aw, I miss you too.

We could attempt a watch party with this laptop. I think it might be able to handle it - it's worth a shot. I'm planning on getting a new computer, but that will take a while bc my brother is going to help me build a tower/research to make sure that I'm getting a good one.

How have you been?

Old 08-18-2020, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Aw, I miss you too.

We could attempt a watch party with this laptop. I think it might be able to handle it - it's worth a shot.
If you feel your old laptop is up for it I most certainly am.
I believe we had decided on TVT as the next ep.

Quote:
I'm planning on getting a new computer, but that will take a while bc my brother is going to help me build a tower/research to make sure that I'm getting a good one.
I was there myself not long ago.
It took me several months and help from my IT stepdad to pick out this laptop and they had to help with the expense which they did as a birthday gift.
Good luck.

Quote:
How have you been?
I'm well, though it's been so hot here this past couple of weeks and we don't have AC. Ugh.
How about you?

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread