Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gotta love how much Cordy loved her character and C/A.

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Beautifully put.

Also I felt it was the perfect mix of Sunnydale & LA Cordelia. Like, it was still emotional and it was a moving moment because she was being so selfless by spending her last day on earth helping Angel, but she's still Cordy, and I love that she went out with a little of her trademark Queen C attitude.
We get some Queen C in the hospital scene as well.

"(draws the privacy curtain closed)
You'd think they'd give miss one-foot-in-the- grave a private room... which brings me to, hey... couldn't you stick me someplace that smells a little less like ammonia-soaked death?"

There is a bit of an eerieness to that moment since it's supposed to be subtle that the body she was quick to conceal was hers but leave it's very Queen C of her to want a private room and to complain about the smell.

Then, of course, that old shopping itch hits:

CORDELIA: I hope you brought me some clothes, 'cause...
(looks at her hospital gown, then shakes her head)
damn.

ANGEL
(stammering)
Oh, well, we—

WESLEY
We could stop and buy some.

CORDELIA
(squealing and clapping cheerfully)
Ooh! Great! Shopping! I love that idea, 'cause, you know, I'm not so ready to go back to the hotel yet.
(walks toward the doorway)

A----nd then that awkward silence when Angel had to figure out how to break the news that they're sleeping with the enemy.

Quote:
I hope we continue to get Angel cast reunions from time to time. *fingers crossed*
I concur and ideally WITH DB. I know he's busy and I'm over the moon that he's had such a consistently successful career since Angel but an Angel reunion without Angel is a beige Angel reunion.

Quote:
Ugh, her growth, I'm sobbing. They opened Angel Investigations to help the helpless (and Cordy was, lbr, doing it originally mostly for a paycheck) and by the end they've come full circle and the soul she's helping save is his.
I know, her character growth is some of the most astounding I've seen on television (BTW, Brennan, DB's female counterpart in Bones is another that falls into that catagory) and then Joss had to go and ****ing massacre it!
Thank the Powers for YW and ATF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Gotta love how much Cordy loved her character and C/A.
Fun fact: She didn't at first.

She had initially auditioned for Buffy and SMG in turn for Cordelia as it was thought that SMG was too pretty for the role of a misfit character. I believe Joss was also reluctant to put a blonde in the title role out of a desire to separate the series from the original film.

Both women heavily impressed but then the network convinced Joss that SMG could pull off the role of Buffy (namely due to 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'). Hence the roles were reversed.

While CC had no hard feelings and was actually relieved to not be in the lead role as she felt she wasn't ready for that kind of pressure, she was also unhappy to end up with "another bitchy role". Apparently she'd been in them before but her agent had assured her that she wasn't a big enough name to be typecast.

At least the story went something like that.

The journey from that to her breaking down sobbing when she found out Cordy died in YW is just as astounding as Cordy's character growth.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 10-12-2019 at 10:13 PM
Ashes Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Cordelia's growth was the best out of both shows.: I love her so much.

I hope we do too and that David is able to make at least some of them.
fractured moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
There is a bit of an eerieness to that moment since it's supposed to be subtle that the body she was quick to conceal was hers but leave it's very Queen C of her to want a private room and to complain about the smell.
Yeah, that scene is really sad when you realize she was hiding her own body.
Quote:
Then, of course, that old shopping itch hits:
I love that she managed to fit shopping in on her last day on earth. Very Queen C.

Quote:
Both women heavily impressed but then the network convinced Joss that SMG could pull off the role of Buffy (namely due to 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'). Hence the roles were reversed.
I never knew IKWYDLS got SMG the role of Buffy -- I always thought it was that soap she was on. IKWYDLS came out after BTVS S1 I believe (17 October 1997). BTVS aired in June of '97 tho. But I could be wrong. Did they film IKWYDLS before Buffy? SMG has her cute S2 haircut in the film tho, I believe.

Speaking of CC originally being frustrated with the role of Cordy, did you watch her Buffering interview? She talked about that a lot and it was a super interesting/fun listen.
,” says Carpenter.
straws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that scene is really sad when you realize she was hiding her own body.
Indeed but it's amazing how it's kind of obvious and yet you don't see it. Well, I didn't.

Quote:
I love that she managed to fit shopping in on her last day on earth. Very Queen C.
I love how despite her character growth, just the right parts of Queen C never changed, like the shopping and her fashion sense.

Post-WITW season 3 doesn't count because it was so OOC.
There is a theory that the "part-demon" Cordy was transformed into was, in fact, Jasmine's higher powers and that they had a gradual effect on her behavior.
1. I do believe she was made part higher being as opposed to part demon based on the little we see of her powers.
2. This would explain her bizarre cleansing of Connor, how she sounded more like Jasmine than Cordy despite it being pre-higher-plane meaning it was supposed to have been the real Cordy.

Quote:
I never knew IKWYDLS got SMG the role of Buffy -- I always thought it was that soap she was on. IKWYDLS came out after BTVS S1 I believe (17 October 1997). BTVS aired in June of '97 tho. But I could be wrong. Did they film IKWYDLS before Buffy? SMG has her cute S2 haircut in the film tho, I believe.
I could be the one wrong. I shouldn't have gone from memory since it's been a while since I read the story.
I'm pretty sure it was in one of these lists of BTS stuff:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kimberleydad...4ldqphu#3kfcyf
http://www.mentalfloss.com/article/5...vampire-slayer

Quote:
Speaking of CC originally being frustrated with the role of Cordy, did you watch her Buffering interview? She talked about that a lot and it was a super interesting/fun listen.
No. I know most of her interviews from folks here.
The only one I've really watched, which was because it, as well, was posted here was an old Dragon Con interview which was about the only time she ever publically discussed the abuse she was put through in season 4.

Do you have a link to this interview?

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 10-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some pretty

I’m not broke, I’m just a broken hearted man
I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do
How can I move on when I’m still in love with you?

https://livingfivebyfive.tumblr.com/...-hearted-man-i
Old 10-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

That quote with the graphic.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Indeed but it's amazing how it's kind of obvious and yet you don't see it. Well, I didn't.
I didn't catch it the first time either and was hit with sneak attack feels on re-watch.

Quote:
I love how despite her character growth, just the right parts of Queen C never changed, like the shopping and her fashion sense.

Post-WITW season 3 doesn't count because it was so OOC.
Agreed.
Quote:
There is a theory that the "part-demon" Cordy was transformed into was, in fact, Jasmine's higher powers and that they had a gradual effect on her behavior.
1. I do believe she was made part higher being as opposed to part demon based on the little we see of her powers.
2. This would explain her bizarre cleansing of Connor, how she sounded more like Jasmine than Cordy despite it being pre-higher-plane meaning it was supposed to have been the real Cordy.
I subscribe to this theory. It makes the most sense, insofar as anything in S4 can make sense.

Also, further backing this theory, is that Cordy was back to being our Cordy in YW. She had her 'pre-demonized' personality back completely. Which was a Cordy who had grown and changed but who still maintained the core of what made her Cordy, like her Queen C attitude and confidence, etc.

Quote:
I could be the one wrong. I shouldn't have gone from memory since it's been a while since I read the story.
I'm pretty sure it was in one of these lists of BTS stuff:
Gellar auditioned for the role of Sunnydale High queen bee Cordelia Chase before eventually being cast as Buffy. “At the time, we were all trying to find our way to make the show something, its own thing apart from the film,” Schulman said in The Watchers Guide. “We didn’t think of Sarah as Buffy because we thought she was too smart and too grounded and not enough of a misfit in a sense, because Buffy was this outsider. How could Sarah be an outsider? She’s so lovely. So we brought her in as Cordelia, and she was fantastic as Cordelia. Then we went to the network, they knew that Sarah was a star from her previous work, and that she could be Buffy, and that we could do that Buffy.”

SMG & CC were perfectly cast imo and I adore both the performances they gave so much to this day.

Also, this is cracking me up:
Quote:
6. DAVID BOREANAZ WAS DISCOVERED BY THE CASTING DIRECTOR’S FRIEND.

Whedon, the network, and the casting director saw a number of guys read for Buffy's eventual boyfriend (and vampire!) Angel before David Boreanaz auditioned. “The breakdown said the most gorgeous, mysterious, fantastic, the most incredible man on the face of the earth,” Shulman said. “I think I saw every guy in town. It was the day before shooting, and a friend of mine and called me and said to me ‘You know, there’s this guy that lives on my street who walks his dog every day and I don’t know what he does but he has all the things you’re describing.’ And the minute he walked in the room, I wrote down on my notes: This is the guy.”

Still, despite the fact that Boreanaz gave “very good read,” Whedon wasn’t sold on him. “He wasn’t exactly my type,” he said. “I wasn’t sure we necessarily had the guy here until I asked the women in the room, who had turned into puddles the moment he walked in. I had to defer to them—they seemed to know better than me, and thank god I did, because David turned into a great star and a very solid actor.”
#relatable.

Quote:
Do you have a link to this interview?
Here. It was done in July.

Quote:
That quote with the graphic.
That quote fits perfectly.
,” says Carpenter.
straws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

That quote really does. It hits me right in the feelings.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I didn't catch it the first time either and was hit with sneak attack feels on re-watch.
I figured it out at the end when her death was revealed.

Quote:
I subscribe to this theory. It makes the most sense, insofar as anything in S4 can make sense.

Also, further backing this theory, is that Cordy was back to being our Cordy in YW. She had her 'pre-demonized' personality back completely. Which was a Cordy who had grown and changed but who still maintained the core of what made her Cordy, like her Queen C attitude and confidence, etc.
I subscribe too.

Quote:
Gellar auditioned for the role of Sunnydale High queen bee Cordelia Chase before eventually being cast as Buffy. “At the time, we were all trying to find our way to make the show something, its own thing apart from the film,” Schulman said in The Watchers Guide. “We didn’t think of Sarah as Buffy because we thought she was too smart and too grounded and not enough of a misfit in a sense, because Buffy was this outsider. How could Sarah be an outsider? She’s so lovely. So we brought her in as Cordelia, and she was fantastic as Cordelia. Then we went to the network, they knew that Sarah was a star from her previous work, and that she could be Buffy, and that we could do that Buffy.”

SMG & CC were perfectly cast imo and I adore both the performances they gave so much to this day.
Agreed. I can't imagine SMG as Cordy or CC as Buffy.

Quote:
Also, this is cracking me up:

Quote:
6. DAVID BOREANAZ WAS DISCOVERED BY THE CASTING DIRECTOR’S FRIEND.

Whedon, the network, and the casting director saw a number of guys read for Buffy's eventual boyfriend (and vampire!) Angel before David Boreanaz auditioned. “The breakdown said the most gorgeous, mysterious, fantastic, the most incredible man on the face of the earth,” Shulman said. “I think I saw every guy in town. It was the day before shooting, and a friend of mine and called me and said to me ‘You know, there’s this guy that lives on my street who walks his dog every day and I don’t know what he does but he has all the things you’re describing.’ And the minute he walked in the room, I wrote down on my notes: This is the guy.”

Still, despite the fact that Boreanaz gave “very good read,” Whedon wasn’t sold on him. “He wasn’t exactly my type,” he said. “I wasn’t sure we necessarily had the guy here until I asked the women in the room, who had turned into puddles the moment he walked in. I had to defer to them—they seemed to know better than me, and thank god I did, because David turned into a great star and a very solid actor.”
#relatable.
Lol, I love that! So relatable indeed and I feel like Angel's character growth was growth for DB as well as an actor as AtS individualized and expanded his character.

Quote:
Here. It was done in July.
Awesome thanx, I'll check it out later.

Quote:
That quote fits perfectly.
I love those lyrics.
What's the song?

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 10-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Looked up the lyrics and Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script came up.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 AM
New Fan

I just rewatched today the episode of Buffy where Angel offers her the claddagh ring...except the fact I am not a Bangel Fan I have to say it seems to me that Buffy didn't deserved this ring. I mean we all know that Claddagh ring symbolize love, friendship and loyalty an in my opinion Cordy deserved more this ring than Buffy
Cangel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Looked up the lyrics and Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script came up.
Oh, I've heard of that song though I've never taken the time to listen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangel91 (View Post)
I just rewatched today the episode of Buffy where Angel offers her the claddagh ring...except the fact I am not a Bangel Fan I have to say it seems to me that Buffy didn't deserved this ring. I mean we all know that Claddagh ring symbolize love, friendship and loyalty an in my opinion Cordy deserved more this ring than Buffy
I couldn't agree more. There Claddagh ring was the embodiment of CA's relationship. There was no friendship in BA's relationship.
I wonder whatever happened to that ring? Does Buffy still have it even in the comics? Or did she pawn it off when she got with Spike? Honestly, the latter wouldn't surprise me.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 10-20-2019, 06:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
Oh, I've heard of that song though I've never taken the time to listen to it.

I couldn't agree more. There Claddagh ring was the embodiment of CA's relationship. There was no friendship in BA's relationship.
I wonder whatever happened to that ring? Does Buffy still have it even in the comics? Or did she pawn it off when she got with Spike? Honestly, the latter wouldn't surprise me.
Me, I was always wondering what Angel offers to Cordy in the episode "Birthday". We will never know !
Cangel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Right?!
It was obviously jewelry because the box was small.

I'm reminded of a Christmas fanfic that is actually in my rec list in which he gives her an heirloom necklace of his grandmother's for Christmas.

A Christmas Miracle by BUFFY_ANGEL2000

So I must wonder if that birthday present was a piece of family jewelry.

When he gave it to her he'd started to say:
"I'm a champion, we do important things and who's more important than--"

He, unfortunately, gets cut off by the rest of the gang shoving their gifts at her and then her coma but there is no way in hell the end of that sentence wasn't going to be "the mother of my child".
That indicates he put some real thought into that gift.

they win"
- Stephen King
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top