Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 12:14 PM
New Fan

I started watching the series again. I had the choice between Buffy and Angel and I chose Angel. From season 1 on now I am back at 3 episode 2.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would have went with Angel too. I much prefer it to Buffy. Angel was such a great show and had so much potential to continue on and then... ugh.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I've been rereading AC fics. I miss these two so much.
I've read thought basically the entire CA fanfic population. Twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangel1987 (View Post)
I started watching the series again. I had the choice between Buffy and Angel and I chose Angel. From season 1 on now I am back at 3 episode 2.
I would have gone with Angel as well.

I've considered many times that I could use a Buffy refresher and my mom started one with me once and we got up to 'Never Kill a Boy on the First Date' then forgot about it. I honestly don't know that I could handle BA.
That final scene in 'Halloween' (which I did rewatch, that and SAR because they are the biggest BtVS CA eps) irked me enough.

Not to mention, I didn't appreciate Cordy the first time I watched BtVS and so in that second 'Halloween' watch, my heart really broke for her. She might have been primarily trying to upstage Buffy but have you seen DB? He ultimately landed the role of Angel in the first place because he turned every woman on set into a puddle!

AtS really made me fall in love with not just CA but Cordy as an individual character. because her growth is just phenomenal. By season 3, she's hardly the selfish, shallow queen bee she was in BtVS.
I could say the same of Angel. He really came into his own in his own show, whereas in BtVS he was just Buffy's shadow.

I actually watched AtS first because I saw my mom watching it and was intrigued. I only switched to BtVS when 'Santuary' confused me too much with the whole Faith thing.
After season 3, I was back on AtS. Season 4 onward was meh without Angel.

I've actually rewatched the entire Doyle arc in AtS minus IWRY as well as later episodes in seasons 2 and 3.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 10-06-2019 at 03:21 PM
Old 10-06-2019, 04:31 PM
New Fan

I have to say that I have chosen Angel on purpose. I have nothing against Buffy, but I enjoy Angel more.

Maybe it's also because of the individual characters and how they have developed over the years. And for me, I feel closer to them. In Buffy I found that most of them did not evolve or, better said, not much - but maybe that's also why I like Angel more in general.

And I must confess, when I saw the show for the first time, I was not really a fan of Cordelia, Angel and Wesley. I have warmed up with Cordelia over time. I think around season two and three I always liked her more and more. Angel, I didn`t hate him but also I accepted him - maybe it`s because he was Buffys shadow and I also didnt liked it.

But these shorts moments Cordelia and Angel had in Sunnydale - I already liked.

Wesley was another thing. I just thought - he is a jerk^^ Wesley I started to love in Angel.

I do not know why I did not want to see Buffy - maybe that's because I did not want to watch Bangel- whenever I see them together I get depressed.

On my last rewatch i watched all episodes even iwry - but i need to say it was far from pleasant.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If I ever rewatched Buffy it would only be for the Cordy scenes. I don't think I could ever watch the episodes without fast forwarding where as with Angel I could. Though even with Angel once it got to a certain point I would have to stop watching it.

Cangel1987 - I loved Cordy on Buffy and Angel. I liked Angel as individual character on Buffy and Angel but I agree they really held him back on Buffy.

I don't think I really thought too much about Wesley until he got on Angel. But I did really like him right away on Angel.

Ashes Fall - I might need to catch up.

I haven't really explored any AC fics on AO3 and there are probably tons on there I need to read.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:17 PM
New Fan

Do you maybe know some good Cangel fics? Where Cordy didnt die in You`re welcome?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think there had been one way back in the day and I loved it but I don't think it ever got finished. And sadly I probably wouldn't be able to find it again.

Though your probably asking Ashes Fall anyway since they have more of a chance of knowing.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:53 PM
New Fan

Thanks. I tried to read some Fics of Cangel stories in the past - there are some really good stories out there, but unfortunately there are not so many of them. I also saved the links of some good stories but then the browser has lost the data and that was annoying. I also tried to write one myself but this was a crossover with Bones - I know it`s not everybody`s thing, but I wanted to do something about it.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Some pretty

https://lalalalovely.tumblr.com/post...rder-angel-and
Old 10-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I miss ATS and BTVS being on Netflix. I have the DVDs but some of them got put away in storage after I moved.

Quote:
By season 3, she's hardly the selfish, shallow queen bee she was in BtVS.
We did get glimpses of that Cordy in BTVS. I love Sunnydale Cordy and I think she got a lot of character growth throughout the show and is a very layered character but she sadly didn't get a lot of screen time (compared to ATS), plus a lot of her scenes revolved around Xander who can be hard to take esp in early BTVS...

Anyone watch the panel for the ATS reunion? I wonder if CA was mentioned at all. Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching it when I get a chance. Nice to see most of the cast back together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVi_a6jsByU

Thanks for posting that gifset, starryeyesxx.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 10-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Maybe it's also because of the individual characters and how they have developed over the years. And for me, I feel closer to them. In Buffy I found that most of them did not evolve or, better said, not much - but maybe that's also why I like Angel more in general.
I concur. I didn't see a lot of character growth in BtVS, everyone remained immature and irresponsible.

Quote:
And I must confess, when I saw the show for the first time, I was not really a fan of Cordelia, Angel and Wesley. I have warmed up with Cordelia over time. I think around season two and three I always liked her more and more. Angel, I didn`t hate him but also I accepted him - maybe it`s because he was Buffys shadow and I also didnt liked it.
I did like BtVS Angel despite his being Buffy's lapdog, the show instantly turned meh for me after he left it but I liked him far better in AtS as his own hero and with Cordy as a friend who loved and accepted him wholly.

Quote:
But these shorts moments Cordelia and Angel had in Sunnydale - I already liked.
I am ashamed that I didn't even pay attention to them the first time since I didn't like Cordy.
I love them now, though and BtVS CA fanfics are among my favorites. I wish there had been more of them in the canon.

Even in those smallest of moments, you can tell they were so meant for each other! Even if it wasn't intended (I am not sure about SAR but Angel was NOT supposed to smile and laugh in the 'Halloween' scene, he was supposed to look disgusted and uncomfortable but DB couldn't help it).

Quote:
Wesley was another thing. I just thought - he is a jerk^^ Wesley I started to love in Angel.
I didn't pay much attention to Wesley in BtVS, except in 'The Prom' when Giles said he had "The emotional maturity of a blueberry scone", that made me laugh my ass off. .
It was certainly true, Wesley grew up on AtS as well.

Quote:
Do you maybe know some good Cangel fics? Where Cordy didnt die in You`re welcome?
I don't read season 5 fanfictions but I have a rec list containing many fantastic fanfictions that are set from BTVS to season 3.
https://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com/30566.html

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 10-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks. I tried to read some Fics of Cangel stories in the past - there are some really good stories out there, but unfortunately there are not so many of them. I also saved the links of some good stories but then the browser has lost the data and that was annoying. I also tried to write one myself but this was a crossover with Bones - I know it`s not everybody`s thing, but I wanted to do something about it.
I'd say there are quite a few still around but sadly so many are unfinished. I don't mind crossovers depending on the crossover. I never saw Bones though.

starryeyesxx - So many great AC scenes.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I never saw Bones though.
I highly recommend it.
Although, like anything, it has it's serious/emotional areas, overall, DB gets to let loose and be more fun with the character of Booth than with Angel (including having a few far more fun singing parts thn Angel's robotic 'Mandy' performance) and his relationship with Emily Deschanel's character is very CA-ish.

Oh, how I wish Charisma had guest-starred on Bones! I tweeted it to both her and DB twice but only got one response from her just saying that she would have loved to work with ED.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 10-07-2019, 07:45 PM
New Fan

But I have to say that Bones lost me in the 7th season - but I tried to watch it every now and then. But it was not the same anymore.

I would have liked it, if Charisma had had a few guest appearances. Unfortunately, it did not work.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Actually I take that back I think I saw one episode of Bones and it wasn't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
I highly recommend it.
Although, like anything, it has it's serious/emotional areas, overall, DB gets to let loose and be more fun with the character of Booth than with Angel (including having a few far more fun singing parts thn Angel's robotic 'Mandy' performance) and his relationship with Emily Deschanel's character is very CA-ish.

Oh, how I wish Charisma had guest-starred on Bones! I tweeted it to both her and DB twice but only got one response from her just saying that she would have loved to work with ED.
I think eventually I'll get around to watching it but admittedly it's not something I'm in a hurry to do. I have so many shows I need to watch.

It would have been awesome if Charisma had guest starred.