Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
True.

It's too bad Lorne didn't foresee any of S4 or the horrors that were to come for Cordy.
Well technically he did in 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem' though it was Anmesia!Cordy he'd read so Jasmine was already on board and he just got some jumbled up map or something that he didn't understand.

Quote:

https://starryeyesxx.tumblr.com/post/170080588313

Does this count as a BTVS CA moment?
Mmmm, I'm leaning towards no...I'd need to rewatch it but lol. Even in the face of the apocalypse, Cordy is always trying to lighten the mood...or perhaps not even trying.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well technically he did in 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem' though it was Anmesia!Cordy he'd read so Jasmine was already on board and he just got some jumbled up map or something that he didn't understand.
Yeah, but it was too late by then, which is why I left it unmentioned. He sadly wasn't able to use his abilities to prevent anything. He obviously saw CA in a major way when he read Cordy and Angel...but I guess the Jasmine stuff was too cloaked for him to get a read on it.

Quote:
Mmmm, I'm leaning towards no...I'd need to rewatch it but lol. Even in the face of the apocalypse, Cordy is always trying to lighten the mood...or perhaps not even trying.
She ignores him being all doom and gloomy and decides to do her own thing and have cake. I'm taking it as a CA moment. It's very S1 CA.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 11-08-2019, 11:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, but it was too late by then, which is why I left it unmentioned. He sadly wasn't able to use his abilities to prevent anything. He obviously saw CA in a major way when he read Cordy and Angel...but I guess the Jasmine stuff was too cloaked for him to get a read on it.
Agreed, I believe it was too big for his abilities, the jigsaw puzzle he got in STB is a testament to that.
I don't doubt it was intentionally cloaked from him as well. That would fit with the theory that Cordelia was a potential slayer but was cloaked from detection/activation.

Quote:
She ignores him being all doom and gloomy and decides to do her own thing and have cake. I'm taking it as a CA moment. It's very S1 CA.
Ha, true. Too bad he didn't notice.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Ha, true. Too bad he didn't notice.
Yeah, but since Buffy had just been choked by a sentient, severed arm I am inclined to forgive him for ignoring Cordy just that once.

https://angeltheseriess-blog.tumblr....st/67098389332

Well, well, well, how the turn tables....From not noticing her in BTVS (though I think he did more than he let on) to wanting her to think he is cool.

Also, from the Halloween shooting script...thought this might be appreciated in here:

Quote:
Another night at the Bronze. We move through the crowd until we land on ANGEL, sitting at a table alone. Looking a little bored, impatient. A voice snaps him out of his brooding.

CORDELIA (O.C.)
I know. Is the Bronze not-happening,
or what?

Angel looks up to see CORDELIA standing over him. Looking amazing, as usual. And knowing it, as usual.

'A voice snaps him out of his brooding.' She really was the sunshine to his broodiness right from the start, huh?

I think we spoke about this part in here too:

Quote:
She drones on. Angel isn't thrilled, smiles thinly.

Angel shakes his head - finally laughs, too. Maybe at her. Maybe not.
DB's reaction was not that of someone smiling thinly or laughing at her. Angel's shades of Cordy liking and their future friendship was already shining through. His reaction ended up fitting the direction of both characters' journey more than what was originally written in the script.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, but since Buffy had just been choked by a sentient, severed arm I am inclined to forgive him for ignoring Cordy just that once.
Oh right, that. Yeah, guess you're right that was kinda important.

Quote:

https://angeltheseriess-blog.tumblr....st/67098389332

Well, well, well, how the turn tables....From not noticing her in BTVS (though I think he did more than he let on) to wanting her to think he is cool.
He's so adorbs, like a high school teen who just made a fool of himself to his crush.

But my favorite dialogue from that ep is:

Cordy: “I’m so glad you came. You know how parties are. You’re always worried that no one is going to suck the energy out of the room like a giant black hole of boring despair. But there you were - in the clinch!”
Angel: “I didn’t... – Boring?”
Cordy: “You used to be a person! Did you never party? Did people not gather in olden times?”
Angel: “I talked to people. - Laura.”
Cordy: “Laura thought you hated her. I had to tell her you were challenged.”

It IS quite depressing that no doubt the biggest playboy in 18th century Ireland whose "lies sound pretty when the stars are out. - But he forgets every promise he’s made when the sun comes up again." made Wesley's lame foot-stuck-in-the-mud dancing look cool in the eyes of the queen.

Quote:
Also, from the Halloween shooting script...thought this might be appreciated in here:

Quote:
Another night at the Bronze. We move through the crowd until we land on ANGEL, sitting at a table alone. Looking a little bored, impatient. A voice snaps him out of his brooding.

CORDELIA (O.C.)
I know. Is the Bronze not-happening,
or what?

Angel looks up to see CORDELIA standing over him. Looking amazing, as usual. And knowing it, as usual.
'A voice snaps him out of his brooding.' She really was the sunshine to his broodiness right from the start, huh?
'Halloween' was one of two episodes I've rewatched of BtVS because of this scene. The other episode is SAR.

Quote:
I think we spoke about this part in here too:

Quote:
She drones on. Angel isn't thrilled, smiles thinly.

Angel shakes his head - finally laughs, too. Maybe at her. Maybe not.

DB's reaction was not that of someone smiling thinly or laughing at her. Angel's shades of Cordy liking and their future friendship was already shining through. His reaction ended up fitting the direction of both characters' journey more than what was originally written in the script.
Uh yeah. There was nothing thin about that smile and there most definitely was no 'maybe' that it was for Cordy. Or perhaps a bit more accurately, for CC.
I recently read in a YT comment that that was a DB adlib moment. Angel was originally scripted looking uncomfortable and disgusted but DB just couldn't pull that off, he enjoyed CC's company too much. I think they might have been friends before being cast in the show.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But my favorite dialogue from that ep is:

Cordy: “I’m so glad you came. You know how parties are. You’re always worried that no one is going to suck the energy out of the room like a giant black hole of boring despair. But there you were - in the clinch!”
Angel: “I didn’t... – Boring?”
Cordy: “You used to be a person! Did you never party? Did people not gather in olden times?”
This is making me think about 'Cordy' and 'Liam' meeting in Spin the Bottle. She did not think he was sucking the energy out of the room like a giant black hole then. They were immediately attracted to each other and paired up.
Quote:
It IS quite depressing that no doubt the biggest playboy in 18th century Ireland whose "lies sound pretty when the stars are out. - But he forgets every promise he’s made when the sun comes up again." made Wesley's lame foot-stuck-in-the-mud dancing look cool in the eyes of the queen.
LOL. Speaking of his Irish playboy ways...I love how much Cordy threw him off his game. Angel was a lot more confident, collected, and 'oooh so broody and mysterious' when he was navigating his burgeoning relationship with Buffy in S1 & S2. It often felt like he had the upper hand in their relationship (probably also because Buffy was so young...) Yet, he completely forgot his 'master of seduction' past and became a complete tongue-tied dork with Cordy.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
This is making me think about 'Cordy' and 'Liam' meeting in Spin the Bottle. She did not think he was sucking the energy out of the room like a giant black hole then. They were immediately attracted to each other and paired up.
I really need to re-watch that episode.

"I'm not one for fighting. I'd rather be satisfying my sinful urges with the Chase girl."

Funny thing is in 'The Prodigal', we see that Darla had first discovered him engaged in a drunken bar fight if memory serves and this is what attracted her to him.

Another note in 'Spin the Bottle', he never even indicated if he realized Fred was there suggesting that despite being a playboy he did have a type.

Quote:
LOL. Speaking of his Irish playboy ways...I love how much Cordy threw him off his game. Angel was a lot more confident, collected, and 'oooh so broody and mysterious' when he was navigating his burgeoning relationship with Buffy in S1 & S2. It often felt like he had the upper hand in their relationship (probably also because Buffy was so young...) Yet, he completely forgot his 'master of seduction' past and became a complete tongue-tied dork with Cordy.
Ha, that is so true.
Cordy was the only woman he had confidence issues with.
She rendered him to a shy, forlorn high school dork who knew his crush was out of his league.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-11-2019, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The gifs at the top!

Cordy is great there.

I never knew that was the orig. writing for Halloween for Angel to be uncomfortable with Cordy.

Part of what I hate about Bangel is how Angel was in charge of everything.

I don't get their appeal at all anymore. They barely even had any buildup.

That's something that I really need to ship a couple hard even if it's unplanned.

I like dorky Angel so much better too.

Cordy only brought that out.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

I never knew that was the orig. writing for Halloween for Angel to be uncomfortable with Cordy.
Nor did I until recently. I read it in a YT comment.

Quote:
Part of what I hate about Bangel is how Angel was in charge of everything.

I don't get their appeal at all anymore. They barely even had any buildup.
Ugh right!?
I can't believe that illegal monstrosity of a ship actually got to me however briefly. I'd just gotten off that kind of **** when I quit my 4-year Twilight obsession (seriously, in retrospect I'm kinda surprised Joss didn't sue Stephanie Meyer, Edward and Bella were almost a carbon copy of Bangel).
I'M SORRY! I am so ashamed!

Quote:
That's something that I really need to ship a couple hard even if it's unplanned.
I concur, I prefer build-up and a connection in my ships.
Bangel was just the record holder for the world's longest high school janitor's closet make-out session.

Quote:
I like dorky Angel so much better too.

Cordy only brought that out.
Dorky Angel is ao adorbs and I love that only Cordy could bring that out in him.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
"I'm not one for fighting. I'd rather be satisfying my sinful urges with the Chase girl."
I like the part when he is so attracted to her he accidentally slips into vamp face. (I know part of it was him being hungry...but we've seen before they also go vamp from intense emotions).

https://therearenopeoplelikeus.tumbl...t/188928971466

Old 11-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I like the part when he is so attracted to her he accidentally slips into vamp face. (I know part of it was him being hungry...but we've seen before they also go vamp from intense emotions).
----and unfortunately, Cordy wasn't badass champion seer Cordy, she was teenage know-nothing-about-real-vampires Queen C.

Wow, I never really noticed how many times they inadvertently did declare love to each other. The Jasmine one doesn't count even though it is a partial truth because the lie in it, the past tense, is stronger.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Thanks guys for bringing one of my gifsets over here

I've been giffing season 1 of Angel this year, so here's my cangel tag: https://starryeyesxx.tumblr.com/tagged/mine%3A-cangel

You can see all the cangel gifsets I've done so far, there are almost 70!
Old 11-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
Nor did I until recently. I read it in a YT comment.

Ugh right!?
I can't believe that illegal monstrosity of a ship actually got to me however briefly. I'd just gotten off that kind of **** when I quit my 4-year Twilight obsession (seriously, in retrospect I'm kinda surprised Joss didn't sue Stephanie Meyer, Edward and Bella were almost a carbon copy of Bangel).
I'M SORRY! I am so ashamed!

I concur, I prefer build-up and a connection in my ships.
Bangel was just the record holder for the world's longest high school janitor's closet make-out session.

Dorky Angel is ao adorbs and I love that only Cordy could bring that out in him.
I actually thought SMG/DB had chemistry Seasons 1 & 2 but it fizzled along with their story Season 3 on to me though.

Then had nothing to me in Season 7 at all.

I admit I liked Bangel together at some point too.

Joss should sue her & Julie Plec on TVD & Originals.

Basically every SL was ripped off from BTVS/ATS.

Great gifset Carmen.

It's bittersweet but still like seeing all the times love was mentioned between Cangel.

Thanks for the link Sophie.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I actually thought SMG/DB had chemistry Seasons 1 & 2 but it fizzled along with their story Season 3 on to me though.
Well the BA chemistry was supposed to be lost in season 3.
Angelus was a rude awakening from the delusion Buffy created of Angel and still she tried to rebuild it.
We see this illustrated a number of times including the first moment she sees him after his return from Hell. The expression she gets pretty much says "****! I thought I got rid of you, go away!"

Quote:
Then had nothing to me in Season 7 at all.
If by season 7, you mean 'Chosen', yeah.
Angel was borderline beige again, that BA kiss was more or less another Darla attempt, an attempt to feel something because he was numb from the loss of his family, of Cordy and Connor.

Quote:
Joss should sue her & Julie Plec on TVD & Originals.

I couldn't even get through TVD the books or the TV show and for once I thought the TV show was the better of the two but yeah there are definite BtVS similarities there as well and not just in the ship.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-13-2019, 09:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
--and unfortunately, Cordy wasn't badass champion seer Cordy, she was teenage know-nothing-about-real-vampires Queen C.
Yeah, but Liam's immediate attraction to Cordy lends credence to my belief that Angel did find Cordy a hottie in BTVS S1, he just ignored/pushed down the attraction because of his involvement with Buffy.
Quote:
The Jasmine one doesn't count even though it is a partial truth because the lie in it, the past tense, is stronger.
Jasmine knew that lie would crush him.

Quote:
Thanks guys for bringing one of my gifsets over here
I love your gifsets. Thanks for all your hard work .
Quote:
You can see all the cangel gifsets I've done so far, there are almost 70!
Incredible. I'm going to re-blog them all to this thread's CA Tumblr.

Quote:
I think SMG/DB still had chemistry in S3 + onward, but their story line, for me personally, had run its course. If they'd continued their back and forth 'we want to be together but, oh, we mustn't, for you are a vampire and I am a Slayer' into S4 I really think they would've lost most of the audience. Their relationship had stagnated and it would've held back their character development, as well, to be tied up in that same song and dance.

Quote:
Angel was borderline beige again, that BA kiss was more or less another Darla attempt, an attempt to feel something because he was numb from the loss of his family, of Cordy and Connor.
IA.

Angel had missed Buffy after their breakup, but he'd also always seemed sure of his decision. Yet he suddenly wanted them to get back together? And coincidentally it was when she smelled like Spike? And he'd also just lost people that he loved deeply...Seemed very much like he was trying to cling to something from the past because he had nothing else.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread