Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I can understand why, she does go through a change in season 2. You definitely see it in Epiphany & I think in Thin Dead Line a lot too

I always found it so interesting that Angel and Kate become.. more on speaking terms again when Angel was in a dark place, away from the Fang Gang.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, it doesn't really make sense because that's when he's more like the bad vampire that she thinks he is. But I think it's partly because she was struggling so much at the time, her job was making her crazy & everybody there thought she was losing it when she was the only one who knew the truth, but she couldn't get them to see that. I think the writers were trying to parallel Angel/Kate a little bit, like when she tried to kill herself when he was at his lowest point & had lost the reasons he had to fight.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Me too, it doesn't really make sense because that's when he's more like the bad vampire that she thinks he is. But I think it's partly because she was struggling so much at the time, her job was making her crazy & everybody there thought she was losing it when she was the only one who knew the truth, but she couldn't get them to see that. I think the writers were trying to parallel Angel/Kate a little bit, like when she tried to kill herself when he was at his lowest point & had lost the reasons he had to fight.

Also I think she didn't really understand how dark Angel was during those moments. Like even when he went to Kate to stop the zombie cops. So he was doing some good that the Fang Gang didn't know about, they didn't even know Angel was helping them but Kate kind of did. So she didn't really see him during his darkest moments like the Fang Gang and how everybody else viewed him at that moment.

I do agree also that during that time Kate was also struggling with so much and Angel was kind of at the right place at the right time and they both pretty much at their lowest points which made them connect more.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think it was important that when he first started to turn things around, he saved her life first. I think that was probably meant to represent something, like they were both getting a second chance & both their viewpoints were changing now.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

That makes sense
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 08-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think it was important that when he first started to turn things around, he saved her life first. I think that was probably meant to represent something, like they were both getting a second chance & both their viewpoints were changing now.

Yup that's the first time he turned things around.. although he was doing some good side things before that... but after he slept with Darla, Kate was the person he really went to go save in a shocking breaking down door uninvited fashion.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

He was, but I think after that thing where he felt like there was no saving humanity from evil because they all had evil in them, for a moment there he really lost sight of why he was even trying to save them. & then, the next day, Kate was the first one he saved & they both realized that there were reasons to go on & keeping fighting another day.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!
Love the OP
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

the ring
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ That scene (and ep) was a welcome moment of lightness and humor in what was a dark season.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Alexis's delivery of that line was perfect & her reaction
Old 10-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

And the smile that goes along with it It's perfect!
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 10-09-2014, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shame that we never heard any more about Kate after Epiphany, I wonder what happened to her and what she went on to do with her life...
Old 10-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha Wesley was priceless
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 10-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

We should have got more Kate/Wesley scenes. I know that the writers purposely had her only really interact with Angel, but still I would have loved to see her get closer to the fang gang!