Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Raja

You're right about "reality" crap, which I refuse to watch. It's killing scripted television. I watch far less TV today than I did a few years ago, for precisely that reason.

And while the WB may be marginally better than FOX, that's faint praise indeed.

James Gimli

I hope SMG sticks to her guns. They're way too far down the tracks to write her into anything but a pitiful little cameo like we got from Angel on BtVS last season. That's not an experience I'd care to repeat. If Joss can get another season out of UPN or some kind of serious arrangement for "mini-movies" (whatever the bloody hell that means) on the WB next year, I'd rather wait and see if they can bring her back for some semblance of a meaningful storyline.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

D=

wtf.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Absolute Fan

God, I feel like I can't breathe.

Why did I have to fall in love with this show? This season has been just amazing to me. I can't put my devestation into words. And I just can't believe this is the end. I'm crushed, pissed, and just plain sad. This news has hit me harder than Buffy's ending.

Wow. I'm in tears right now. *wanders off to go mourn*

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just figured I'd do some ratings research. I'm still not sure how to read them but if anyone's interested:

Angel Season 5 Overnight Ratings
Nielsen Ratings for Angel: Fifth Season
Old 02-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ugh. I'm just so angry now. I just started to really get into the show and all, and they've had some great episodes, and now they're cancelling it.
First Buffy is gone, and now Angel. I'm not going to have anything left to watch on TV! Even worse, if this is the last season there's no chance of seeing SMG reprise her role as Buffy either.
Angel is one of the most creative shows on the WB much less any other network playing all that reality trash.

Well I'm hoping that maybe they'll change their minds, just maybe.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 02-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is a sad day. I can't believed it got cancelled. ATS seemed like it still had a lot of life left in it. It just seems so abrupt. BTVS endlessly dragged on those last two seasons and seemed to end with a whimper. I thought this season of ATS was so much better then what I had to watch last season.

The ratings were decent. I blame American Idol! I hate reality shows. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

www.savingangel.org
Old 02-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

At least they told us now instead of leaving us hanging till May.

But this still sucks. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The WB has now cancelled two of my favorite shows [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Also, I guess the bottom line is that only ratings talk. Its no wonder that such mediocre shows likeCharmed and very formulaeic ones like Smallville get to continue, while good ones like ATS get cancelled.

www.savingangel.org
Old 02-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

dayne: That is happening more and more these days on network television. With shows that are so episodic and tell a story in one episode. Have very little character development. Shows like CSI, Law and Order 1 2 3 4 5 5 6- I dont even know how many there are these days, Cold Case, and every other show like that. I hate shows like them. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 09:29 PM
New Fan

I hate the WB. Jordan Levin is an arse. If it were not for my love of Gilmore Girls and Everwood, I would stop watching this network.

This is ridiculous. Angel is one of the WB's best series, if not the best. The fact they would do this is a shame and a slap in the face to everyone who loves this show and has supported it.

The WB does this too many times to shows we all love dearly. First, Roswell then Buffy now Angel. It's just plain ridiculous.

At least, maybe now, the writers have a chance to go out with a bang, now knowing that it's the end.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Absolute Fan

I honestly hope Sarah stays away. This season is perfect without her. And I could never stand the character of Buffy, so she'll probably just ruin the end for me. She can save her appearances for the "mini-movies".

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited *Sweetie* ]

Old 02-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~:
<STRONG>dayne: That is happening more and more these days on network television. With shows that are so episodic and tell a story in one episode. Have very little character development. Shows like CSI, Law and Order 1 2 3 4 5 5 6- I dont even know how many there are these days, Cold Case, and every other show like that. I hate shows like them. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Tell me about it. There are way too many of those types of shows. And they are all just minor variations of each other. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And ATS is so much better than the typical weekly kryptonite-freek-of-the-week-and-Lana-getting-stalked-LutherCorp episodes of Smallville, which apparently is still around.

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited dayne ]

www.savingangel.org
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

From reading spoilers I'm thinking they've filmed up to episode 18 of this season. And with DG's comment about coming back to do ep 20, there may only be those last 3 episodes (20, 21, 22). Even with a two hour finale there would be so many loose ends that probably were going to be tied up next season.
Grr Argh.

I give it til Monday B4 we start seeing the petitions. More than likely asking UPN for consideration than pleading with the WB.

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited calcium_yeah ]
Old 02-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by calcium_yeah:
<STRONG>I give it til Monday B4 we start seeing the petitions. More than likely asking UPN for consideration than pleading with the WB.
</STRONG>
There's already a petition. 5000 signatures and it's like 50 more every minute. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Wait, what???

Are you kidding me? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] OMG... I have no words. Man, what the hell??