Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote from Magical:

<That is my opinion though.>

Nice to know you are not alone, isin't it? After lasts nights episode I wonder what the decision folks at WB are doing? I'm not a vindictive person and I really don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, but in my minds eye I see sombody with a bloody axe (the one they used to chop Angel) packing up their desk.
Anna
Old 02-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Addicted Fan

hey all...vote for "Angel" on E!'s SOS (Save One Show) campaign. just go here

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Old 02-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Addicted Fan

voted! i love kristin she is very supportive of us

bhery
Old 02-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

I voted too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm very to hear that such a wonderful show is about to end. I have been a huge fan since the beginning. I was heartbroken when Buffy (and Roswell) ended but the cancellation of Angel is the end of the Buffy/Angel era. I find the WB's reasons for getting rid of the show not very valid and just plain stupid. I'm hoping a miracle will happen and Angel can be saved. Stranger things have been known to happen.

"Do these wings make my ass look big?"

"I don't eat buffalo."
Old 02-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Total Fan

I've been a huge btvs and ats fan from the get go, but since the cancelleation of btvs angel seriously lacked as a show not to say that it didn't grow on its own apart from buffy, but we all know this show was seriously lacking in story line, I love Joss and his ideas but when something starts to lack in quality its best to let it go out with a bang....(sorry for sp? errors computer sucks tonight)

They made a huge mistake in letting charisma carpenter go, she was a huge part of the show they pretty much killed her character off with the whole connor storyline. I saw no point in the connor thing anyway....

as For DB well can I just say his character can only fight so much evil without being killed off...it's getting a little dry...Need I remind everybody of *cough*roswell*cough* the same scenario follows for Angel....I love angel to death but come on enough is enough don't kill our beloved show and make it horrible to watch....and I hope the WB plummets to a firey hell
Old 02-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

A new article about how Jeff Bell told the cast and crew the show was cancelled.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...02/26/11.30.tv

Quote:
Bell Recounts Angel Staking

Jeff Bell, co-executive producer of The WB's canceled vampire series Angel, told SCI FI Wire that the cast and crew responded in different ways when he, co-creator Joss Whedon and other writer-producers arrived on the Paramount Pictures lot to break the news. "Most of our people deal with pain through humor," Bell said in an interview. "So there were a lot of horrible jokes, there were some tears and there was also a feeling of 'What are you going to do? The writing's been on the wall. We've escaped it the last couple of years and now it's finally caught up with us.'"

Bell added, "So the reaction is all over the place. There's loss. When I first heard the news from Joss I thought, 'Oh, that's too bad.' Then, when we went over to tell the crew, I found myself profoundly sad. It really didn't hit until we were over there on the set. That day, Friday, was a bust. We came in on Monday to work and there was a really strange sense of humor in the office because we were all still reeling."

Though Whedon is making what Bell referred to as "courtesy calls" to UPN and other possible outlets, Bell doubts that Angel will carry on as a weekly series. "I think it's a long shot," he said. "If it happens, fantastic. I think we're all treating it like 'OK, this is it,' in terms of how you have to deal with the emotional reality of it. If there's a reprieve, we'll turn around. But right now I think we're all feeling like it's over."
Old 02-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelslittleDevil:
<STRONG> but we all know this show was seriously lacking in story line, I love Joss and his ideas but when something starts to lack in quality its best to let it go out with a bang....(sorry for sp? errors computer sucks tonight)
</STRONG>
I don't think we all know that. You are very welcome to your opinion. But please don't put words into our mouths. Or so to speak. The majority on this board think that this season of Angel has been fantastic. One of- if not heading into the best season so far. Personally, I think the quality has been better than ever.

And this show is not like how Roswell was in its final season. Unlike Roswell, the actors on Angel still want to actually be on the show. The writers plan out the plots before hand and they aren't scattered all around the place like Roswell's final season. I see no comparisons. But again, that is my opinion.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

I went ahead and started a new thread to further this discussion. Its located here, Angel Cancelled:: Continue discussing the recent cancellation. And I also made the first post contain all the news articles we've received from this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited ~*Magical*~ ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread