Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Becoming Part 2 what can i say, just thinking about this episode makes me want to cry , it's so heartbreaking, Angel is finally back and she has to kill him it's so unfair, their last scene is just pure perfection and the coda Full of grace
Their love story is very bittersweet you know, one second they're in heaven and the other in hell.
I watched IWRY yesterday, i swore to myself to never watch this episode ever again but i'm a little masochist lol
I cried like a baby, seriously it gets me every time, it's too painful, no other couple touched me like that, their love transcends everything
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Absolute Fan

You know what?

I'm curious now, you guys. How did you all feel when you first saw that final part between Angel and Buffy in Becoming part 2?

Speaking of which, I always enjoy the sword fight between Buffy and Angelus. It's better than any of the sword fights I've ever seen in movies and the music makes it so much better, not to mention while they do this, Willow is attempting again to get Angel's soul back.
I also get chills from part 1 when Buffy makes it back to the school too late and the same music ends and she's running in slow motion. Wow!

Also, I never like seeing the scene in the second episode of season three when everyone close to Buffy confronts her about her leaving. I mean the only thing I could support was that it was true that Buffy never went to anybody about what she was feeling after killing Angel and that Willow needed her during the time she was gone but for the most part, I couldn't be hard on Buffy for leaving. She was kicked out of school, her mom told her to not think of coming back if she left to fight Angelus and then she had to kill him when he had his soul back.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
Old 07-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Supreme Fan

It was just so heartbreaking, i was so sad the first time i watched this episode. Their final scene is really bittersweet to say the least, the way they passed from ennemies,with this awesome sword fight, to lovers again, Angel is back and he doesn't remember what he did but it's too late she had to kill him nevertheless
All in this scene is perfect to make you bawl for hours, you can feel Buffy's pain, she loved him so much but she had to kill him to save the world, it's by far the hardest thing she has ever done in her life.

You can see her strength at its fullness here, not physically but emotionally and i admired this in her, her courage, her bravery.
Yes she left after that but what other choice she had? She got expelled from school, her mother kicked her out and she killed the man of her life, i understand her totally.

It's easy for me to put myself in her shoes in this scene because we see how much Angelus hurt her and in the end it's not Angelus she had to kill but Angel, and it was so cruel that you can't not feel her pain.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucasBangelBrylan (View Post)
Yes she left after that but what other choice she had? She got expelled from school, her mother kicked her out and she killed the man of her life, i understand her totally.

It's easy for me to put myself in her shoes in this scene because we see how much Angelus hurt her and in the end it's not Angelus she had to kill but Angel, and it was so cruel that you can't not feel her pain.
Exactly. I didn't like what Joyce had to say about her leaving. Buffy didn't give her mom time to think? She didn't even allow her to with that warning IMO.

The way you said it, I realized how cruel it was that at the last minute she killed Angel instead, not Angelus, well had to. Poor Buffy.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Can someone suggests me some good fanfics ?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Can't say I read much fanfic for my canon ships (or bookmark them for later use for that matter ) but you can check the OP's fic list There are great ones there
Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't normally read fic for my OTPs much either (probably because I'm satisfied with the canon? ) but I'm going to recommend this fic to you, it's amazing.

You might want to try something from Duck, too.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Ok great i'll read this fic, thank you

I don't have much luck with my OTPs just look at my username lol, how many of these couples got their happy ending? None so sometimes fics can fix what the writers screwed up...

Btw i could stare at the OP for hours, it's so beautiful
Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't have much luck with my OTPs just look at my username lol, how many of these couples got their happy ending? None so sometimes fics can fix what the writers screwed up...
I feel your pain What's Brylan?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Story of my shipper life!

Brylan is Brenda/Dylan from 90210 right?
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I get your point though
Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks i'm so glad that you can feel my pain guys

And yeah Brylan is for Brenda and Dylan, my first ship
I thought at the time that i'll never love a couple the way i loved them but i was wrong Buffy and Angel stole my heart
Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
but i was wrong Buffy and Angel stole my heart
They're known to do that
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Supreme Fan

And i'm so glad they did, i mean they're after all the most epic love story of television history
Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I just finished watching Becoming part 2 Why so flawless?

This is what I wrote in the COTM thread after watching:

Buffy/Angel

Few other couples pull at my heartstrings the way BA do. I have tears streaming down my face right now, after watching this girl kill the man she loved to save the world, his hand holding out to her. It wasn't Angelus, it wasn't the monster who killed Jenny or the one who hurt her over and over again just because he could. This was the man who woke to life because of her, the one who grew ashamed of his life because of hers and was inspired to become someone thanks to her example. It's the man who travelled this new path, with all its joys and hardships, with her.

The one who gave her his most treasured posession so she would always remember that their hearts belonged together.

She had to look him in the eye and drive a sword through his heart, no matter how ridiculously in love she is with him, because it was her duty. Because it's who she is. And it's knowing this what made him fall in love with her. It's such a beautiful, albeit heartbreaking, cycle, I can't even find the words to explain it.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread