Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by etaknosnhoj:
<STRONG>Don't have a problem with it but I don't feel that strongly. Isn't marriage obsolete nowadays anyway?
I figure, if it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt anyone, then do it and ignore the blinkered people.
K8x</STRONG>
See that's the point so many of us are trying to make. But all these straight narrow minded people can't see that. All they have to say is "It's wrong" and that we'll burn in hell for being this way. (no offense to anybody that's straight)
Old 03-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Total Fan

I'm not against gay marriages either. In fact, I'm very much againt the banning of them. I believe everyone has a right to marry whoever they want. Marriage is between two people who love each other. So what if it's 2 girls or 2 guys? Whose business is it anyway? Who are these people - including Pres. Bush - to tell these people they can't? But Justy, if people are THAT against it to the point where they feel it should be banned, you really can't say anything to change how they feel. I believe they will always be narrow-minded and ignorant.

Icon by Elya
Old 03-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Krissy*:
<STRONG>I'm not against gay marriages either. In fact, I'm very much againt the banning of them. I believe everyone has a right to marry whoever they want. Marriage is between two people who love each other. So what if it's 2 girls or 2 guys? Whose business is it anyway? Who are these people - including Pres. Bush - to tell these people they can't? But Justy, if people are THAT against it to the point where they feel it should be banned, you really can't say anything to change how they feel. I believe they will always be narrow-minded and ignorant.</STRONG>
People of this century may be narrow minded and ignorant but I for one am not giving up. If everybody were to give up then we wouldn't be where we are today. What would happen if black people gave up on fighting for their rights? We would probably still have slaves to this day. What would happen if black and white people that were in love gave up on being allowed to get married? We would be even MORE narrow minded then we already are. So if people give up on this where do you think we'll be? We'll be back where we were in the 40's, back to being narrow minded and back to killing people for who they are.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Total Fan

I'm not saying people should give up, of course not. People should fight for what's right. I'm just saying those people that feel it should be banned, will alwlays think it should be and will always see it as wrong. There's no changing their minds.

Icon by Elya
Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Krissy*:
<STRONG>I'm not saying people should give up, of course not. People should fight for what's right. I'm just saying those people that feel it should be banned, will alwlays think it should be and will always see it as wrong. There's no changing their minds.</STRONG>
But people have to at least try. Society is being dictated and if we don't stand up for what we believe in and at least try to change their minds then the goverment will be telling us what to eat, how to dress, and who we should be. If people would see that then they would understand. So some people may give up because they get frustrated but...I'm not that person.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's kinda like being Rascist in the way that there is a certain way of thinking and everyone should be made to conform to the way of thinking. I'm really bad at explaining things so this post probably won't make a whole lot of sense. I think that people can believe what they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else eg: People of set religions shouldn't be against people of no religion/a different religion because that's generalising, not all people belonging to a religion do the things that other extremists do...Blah! I'm so bad at explaing! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] So gay/lesbians should be allowed to do what they want [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe:
<STRONG>I think it's kinda like being Rascist in the way that there is a certain way of thinking and everyone should be made to conform to the way of thinking. I'm really bad at explaining things so this post probably won't make a whole lot of sense. I think that people can believe what they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else eg: People of set religions shouldn't be against people of no religion/a different religion because that's generalising, not all people belonging to a religion do the things that other extremists do...Blah! I'm so bad at explaing! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] So gay/lesbians should be allowed to do what they want [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That made perfect sense...to me anyways... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] At least there's a few people out there that aren't narrow minded [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole's Bitch:
<STRONG>

People of this century may be narrow minded and ignorant but I for one am not giving up. If everybody were to give up then we wouldn't be where we are today. What would happen if black people gave up on fighting for their rights? We would probably still have slaves to this day.</STRONG>
Erm, honey, according to my history lessons they banished slavery before the civil rights movement... but I get your point. If Emily Pankhurst hadn't chained herself to a railing I wouldn't have to vote against Blair next May.
K8x

EYE-BF!

I don't suffer from insanity . I enjoy every minute of it.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
<STRONG>

Erm, honey, according to my history lessons they banished slavery before the civil rights movement... but I get your point. If Emily Pankhurst hadn't chained herself to a railing I wouldn't have to vote against Blair next May.
K8x</STRONG>
I still can't get over your people's silly notion of having elections whenever somebody feels like it... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

As for gay marriage, I'm not worried about it. The movement's picked up too much steam now to be stopped...once our supreme court strikes down the law against it and it becomes legal here, it'll spread everywhere else. Our congressional delegation is too big to ignore... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S.: Jen? What's all this seeping about? Haven't we talked about seeping? [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited Wild Pikachu ]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Pikachu:
<STRONG>

I still can't get over your people's silly notion of having elections whenever somebody feels like it... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Sweetie, we have them every four years. And I can't get over this notion of yours about not being able to count votes... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
K8x

EYE-BF!

Old 03-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] BAD! BAD SPOILERS BAD!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] BAD! BAD SPOILERS BAD!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by youdodoodletoo:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
YOU! This is your fault! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Absolute Fan

What spoilers? Ooooh I got a really juicy one the other day. But I won't tell you 'cos I'm good [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
K8x

EYE-BF!

Old 03-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
<STRONG>What spoilers? Ooooh I got a really juicy one the other day. But I won't tell you 'cos I'm good [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
K8x</STRONG>
I probably know it anyway... I'm now spoiled up to eppy 20