Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Buffy made up with her friends in the end, especially Xander, and while the writing was sloppy and rushed, the Scoobies were together in the end. S8 confirms that Buffy is close with Xander, and had worked out her issues with Willow.

Still not sure about Buffy's relationship with Giles in S8. I like that they're continuing Giles' character like the way they left him in S7. I want to see Buffy and Giles meet, how will that turn out?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by callace (View Post)
yes, ALL her friends has seriously hurt her, but Spike was the only one who really recognised what he had done, and went to extreme measures to make sure it never happens again. I therefore think she felt confident that souled Spike would never hurt her. Giles hardly even said sorry. Dawn kept being the kid through most of the season. It wouldnt be natural for Buffy to turn to her for support, she was too much mother for her.
Exactly.

She even said herself the only person she trusted out of all of them was Spike. He proved how much he loved her and would be there for her. All you have to do is watch Touched to see that.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-23-2007, 04:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Here is a Giles video I made

Standing. Yep, it's Giles' song in Once More With Feeling. However, this time we're not just talking about Buffy. It's about how in some way, things would have worked differently if Giles was around. Xander may not leave Anya. Willow may not have followed the dark path. Buffy may not have gone to Spike for comfort. And so on.

My lame ass summary: Giles assumes that leaving is going to help, yet everything fell apart once he left. It's about how Giles' departure affected Buffy, Xander and Willow negatively.

YouTube - Standing
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

i loved to see the way giles cared about buffy, she really became a daughter to him

helpless is an amazing ep for them
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
She even said herself the only person she trusted out of all of them was Spike. He proved how much he loved her and would be there for her. All you have to do is watch Touched to see that
I don't disagree but I really, really hate that. I hated that all the Scoobs and Giles were just thrown aside for Spike. Her friends did hurt her yes but so did Spike when he tried to rape her. He might have tried to make up for it in all kinds of ways but how could that not be on her mind? Seriously I'd have a hard time trying to be friends with someone that committed something like that. Honestly I couldn't understand why she trusted him again. It made no sense.

I love the relationship between Giles & Buffy in seasons 1-5 I love how he is there for her. Unlike later seasons...

We are all stories in the end
Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Buffy could forgive that because she knew that he didnt have a soul when he did that, but got one for her afterwards, because he was sorry.

She knows that he is a vampire. who lives and loves the way a vampire does, which differs a bit from the ordinary human ways of socializing. Soulless Spike did really love Buffy, more than his own unlife. In his twisted, vampire way of thinking, the AR was the perfect way to woo her back. apologize for sleeping with Anya, tell Buffy that she is the only one for him, and then express a clear desire to rather have sex with her. Violence, to a vampire, is just foreplay, and before, it had been that way for Buffy too. So he had no way of knowing that what he had done was wrong. He did it out of love. And when he saw how much it hurt her, he was totally shocked, and decided to go get a soul, so that he in the future would always know how to express his love for her, and never hurt her again.

I dont think Giles was there enough for her in the earlier seasons. Like in the time after her mother died, when he should have given her a rest, but rather pushes her into taking full responsibility for Dawn, despites Buffy begging him to step in for her on that. Resulting in her freak out, and Dawns rebellion
Old 07-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

i can see what giles was going there & i'm sure it was hard for them - sometimes what's best for someone you love, isn't what makes it easiest for them
Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But she was in such a vulnerable mental state in that moment! She needed time to rest and grieve, and not take on all that responsibility just yet. He was the grown up in the setting. I think he should have been the parent, for both Buffy and Dawn, at least for a little longer.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I miss the Buffy/Giles dynamic. He was such an important mentor/father figure for her.

And I agree, Callace. It would have been nice if he had let her just find her footing for a little longer than he let her.

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Even now in S8, they're still not close anymore She's closer to Xander and Willow now.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

5 Buffy/Giles icons
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice thread. I actually like the father/daughter relationship between Giles and Buffy. It was interesting.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
5 Buffy/Giles icons
Oops I forgot to post the link

stormfronticons: 70 multifandom icons
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You forgot the link?

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought I had posted it
Closed Thread   Post New Thread