Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Giles/Buffy #Because she loves him(Not a shipper thread)

I looked backa couple of pages, and I noticed that there isn't a Giles/´Buffy thread. This is not a shipper thread, I don't ship them, but I think they had a beautiful father/daughter/mentor/student relationship. That was my favorite part of the show, actually. To start of this thread, I made a Giles/Buffy video:

YouTube - Have I told you lately that I love you

Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, maybe you should put the fact that it's not a shipping thread in the title, 'cos I know initially that really threw me and I wasn't going to click on it. But yeah, I really loved the bond they shared as father and daughter style, and I was very angry they didn't show them resolving their issues in season 7.

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, thanks. I'll edit the title
Old 09-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I think people will know it's not a shipping thread. Personally I do ship them together but that's just me. I loved Giles and Buffy's relationship on the show actually but I never really saw the father/daughter aspect of it. I know a lot of people did but I didn't...again that may be my shipping coming out there .

I hated Season 6 and 7 for the lack of Giles and what happened to their relationship. Spike kind of ruined it and while Giles had no right to do what he did in s7, I do not believe Buffy needed to be as gung ho about Spike either. It was both their fault.

We are all stories in the end
Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You actually shipped them???? But Buffy actually said one time that she saw him as a father. Or she asked him if he could be her absent father or something like that. And in one episode...don't remember now, it was a long time ago that I saw it, but it was clear that he saw her as his daughter. You could see their thoughts or something like that and we saw Buffy very childlike talkiung to him as if she was hid daughter. Ok, now I'm jsut rambling :- ) Anyone know what I'm talking about???

I haven't seen season 7 in a long time, so I don't remember much from it, but I remember Giles being away for a long time. I didn't like that
Old 09-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah I do ship them. I definitely don't remember Buffy saying she thought of him as a father at all. I think you could be refering to Helpless when Travers said it was clear his father's love was a problem. I didn't buy that either to be quite honest. I just think they have a wonderful bond and I really enjoy it, maybe to others the fact that I ship them makes me a freak but I don't really care.

We are all stories in the end
Old 09-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww I loved the Giles/Buffy Bond.

I mostly blame Giles though for how things fell apart between them. Well really the writers not to mention him leaving the show in Season 6. Giles leaving Buffy after knowing she was in heaven just didn't make any sense to me. Season 7 I wish they had went with the original plan of Giles being the First.

Funny I really should hate Giles alot more than I do for trying to kill Spike. I think I actually used to but now I see he was really trying to protect Buffy and felt that Spike was a threat. After what happened with Jenny that messed him up there.

I don't ship them but I have came to realize virtually any ship can work in the Buffy/AngelVerse.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I used to ship Giles/Buffy back in Seasons 1-3, but from Season 4 and on, their relationship took too much of a father/daughter angle for me to keep it up. Giles's dream in "Restless" obviously indicated a father/daughter bond (Joss even said so in his commentary), and then there are lines like:

Buffy: I don't really know how to say this, but it's a little like having Mom back.
Giles: In this scenario, I am your mother?
Buffy: Wanna be my shiftless absentee father?
Giles: Is there some sort of rakish uncle?

Well, that and I fell in love with Spike/Buffy.

Actually, I think the father/daughter nature of their relationship was one of the reasons why Giles acted the way he did in "Lies My Parents Told Me". He had a right to be overprotective, knowing what Spike was (or had been), knowing he was in love with his "little girl", and knowing what became of Buffy's last relationship with a vampire.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enisy (View Post)
I used to ship Giles/Buffy back in Seasons 1-3, but from Season 4 and on, their relationship took too much of a father/daughter angle for me to keep it up. Giles's dream in "Restless" obviously indicated a father/daughter bond (Joss even said so in his commentary), and then there are lines like:

Buffy: I don't really know how to say this, but it's a little like having Mom back.

Well, that and I fell in love with Spike/Buffy.

Actually, I think the father/daughter nature of their relationship was one of the reasons why Giles acted the way he did in "Lies My Parents Told Me". He had a right to be overprotective, knowing what Spike was (or had been), knowing he was in love with his "little girl", and knowing what became of Buffy's last relationship with a vampire.
Yeah that is very true about what Giles did in that episode. I'm sure later Buffy understood that as well. Restless I hate that episode. I never understood a thing.

You know I share your Spuffy love. I can't throws stones though about shipping Giles/Buffy. I have found I have a thing for Spuffy fics with Buffy young and Spike older.

I actually really love Giles/Joyce Giles/Anya.

I liked Giles/Jenny too though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's what I ment! :-) Thanks

And he even saing it on Once more th feelings: "I which I could play the father and take you by the hand" But he can't because he's standibg in the way of her becomming independet and blah blah :-)

Last edited by sanna_o75; 09-01-2007 at 07:03 AM
Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
That's what I ment! :-) Thanks
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee
Yeah that is very true about what Giles did in that episode. I'm sure later Buffy understood that as well.
I hope so. There's actually a bit in "First Date" that backs up my reasoning:

Giles: Buffy, I want more for you. Your feelings for him are coloring your judgment. I can hear it in your voice. And that way lies a future filled with pain. I don't want that for you.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischalicious (View Post)
She better end up alone. Because Xander? Ew. I'd rather her be with Giles.
I thought this was funny. She posted this on Spuffy/Couples!

Oh and sanna_o75 I watched your video and it was really sweet.

I liked that you had Giles singing too. I had forgotten some of those lyrics and now remember what he was thinking when he left.

I still think he was wrong though. I mean Buffy was ripped out Heaven. I don't know if he realized just how much she was hurting being back.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 09-02-2007 at 03:07 AM
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I just think they have a wonderful bond and I really enjoy it, maybe to others the fact that I ship them makes me a freak but I don't really care.
I personally don't ship them, I see it as a father/daughter bond for the reasons listed above. But I just don't see the justification for them not clearing up the rift between them in season 7...I mean, WHAT THE? There was no excuse for that. It was a gross oversight, and did not do justice to one of the most important relationships in Buffy's life...

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The time you guys are talking about between them, was it when Faith was there??? And everyone was angry at her??

Quote:
Oh and sanna_o75 I watched your video and it was really sweet.

I liked that you had Giles singing too. I had forgotten some of those lyrics and now remember what he was thinking when he left
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't plan to have that song in the video, but I had time left and I didn't have anymore clips, so I thought that would be good to have in it :-)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
The time you guys are talking about between them, was it when Faith was there??? And everyone was angry at her??

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't plan to have that song in the video, but I had time left and I didn't have anymore clips, so I thought that would be good to have in it :-)
YW!

Yeah it was.

Plus before that when he and Wood tried to kill Spike.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread