Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Ah, doesnt really bother me, she and David are good friends.

I personally dont see whats so great about Angel, he was always a rather "generic" vampire.
It seems like most people prefer those dark,brooding vampire types.
Look at vampire diaries or twilight.....all the same kind of vampire.

Whatever she or anybody else says, spike and buffy had this chemistry that angel lacked and overall to me its a better story with them.

EDIT:

I follow a channel called watch mojo on youtube, they have good top ten lists, look which place spike has in the top 10 tv vampires

Top 10 TV Vampires - YouTube

Last edited by BlueWolf; 03-01-2014 at 08:19 AM
Old 03-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
Their scenes in Becoming Part 2 are great, I love that Spike is the one with her when Joyce first finds out she's the Slayer.
Me too! It's like if a teenager was coming out to their parents, and they had their friend with them for support.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also like how Spike tried to help Buffy cover up her secrete to say that they were in a band
Old 03-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She should have said he was her new boyfriend.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Just rewatched series seven so many beautiful moments words cant describe how much i adore this coupke they will alwatlys ve my fave
Xena&Ares Buffy&Spike pheobe&cole icon by spikes_girl
Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season Seven was a really great Season for them. Spikes redemption was an amazing gift to Buffy

Nice set
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love how people can make these scenes like new in arts/gifs.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spike/Buffy's relationship in S7 was one of the few things I really liked about that season.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved Season 7!

Time to let your opinion be heard! Cast your vote and let the world know that Spuffy rules!

Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Buffy Belongs with Angel, Not Spike — Do You Agree? POLL – People's Choice Buzz Blog
Old 03-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't believe what a huge deal people are making of SMG choosing Angel.

I mean some of the things people are saying gives me secondhand embarrassment.

This is even the Spuffy fandom.

I don't hate Angel at all.

He is one of my fave characters and I love him with Cordy.

I admit I would have loved her choose Spike but nothing changes for me.

I still think Spike is her match in every way.

"Spike is really her counterpart and closer to her than most of the other characters."-David Fury

I completely agree with this.

Then we have Jane that shipped them from the first Spike was on in Season 2.

There are countless quotes of her love for them.

I think she is the orig. Spuffy shipper.

Jane even had a card on her desk that says Buffy has sex dreams about Spike.

In fact all the writers loved Spuffy by the end of Season 7.

The fact that even Fury did is a huge thing.

He even wanted Spuffy together at the end of ATS.

James says that Spike is better for Buffy.

Of course Joss the creator of these characters has said he thinks Spike is better with Buffy.

All you have to do is look at the title and see how much he gets them like we do.

This title explains in a nutshell their relationship.

Well even if I had none of that then it wouldn't change anything because Spuffy are my OTP for life.

The show runner of GG hated Dair and they are still my all time second fave couple.

Savage did everything to destroy them and even retconned 2 seasons of the show.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

People put too much weight on what actors say about couples on shows. It's nice if the actors involved ship your couple, but if they don't it doesn't change anything, that's their opinion just like we have ours and they are entitled to it. That doesn't make other ships wrong suddenly.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I take what Joss and other writers say more seriously but I like I said it wouldn't change anything.

The idea that SMG hates Spuffy is wrong.

She never said that. Both her and James didn't like the SL Season 6 though.

I can really understand that. It must have been hard as actors to play that out.

The fact that SMG was completely miserable isn't true either.

We have the dailies as proof of that with the laughing and obvious fun SMG/JM had working together. You could tell they were really comfortable with each other.

In fact at points each claimed Spuffy was their idea.

So with David Boreanaz's Angel out of the picture, who's next? "Joss doesn't like to tell us - with good reason," says Sarah, who admits she'd be the first to spill. OK, so Sarah won't dish love details, but she did reveal her fantasy guy: Spike! "When I mentioned the possibility of Spike and Buffy," says Sarah, "Joss was like, 'No more vampires!'" (Teen Magazine, 1-00)

Oh the irony.

Then there was the idea to team Buffy and Spike, and that started in Season 5 and really culminated in Season 6. I had the idea that Spike should fall in love with Buffy because I thought, in my head, the chip was maybe not the strongest choice. I thought it'd be more interesting if he had a real psychological reason to want to reform, to watch the guy have to choose to be good and how frustrating that could be. I never thought Buffy should reciprocate. I just thought she should torture him the whole time, and I expressed that to Joss. He kind of winked and said, "Well, you know, I'm writing the show and I have something a little more interesting than that". So, then he became the heartfelt love interest. -- James Marsters

The thing about Buffy and Spike is they understand each other on a level that nobody else does. They've both lived a hundred lives and I think there's a connection there that we will see evolve over the next couple of years where she realizes that he really is someone that she can trust, someone that's a companion to her and someone that really understands her unlike anybody else. -- Sarah Michelle Gellar (BBC)

This quote!

Sarah and I both had a few fantasies we wanted to play out.(about the sex scene in Smashed) - James Marsters, Supanova Convention 2011 - Australia

I love reading quotes over and over.

enisy: Spike/Buffy VIP Quotes (Part 1)

enisy: Spike/Buffy VIP Quotes (Part 2)

There are a few quotes not there on the SMG/JM OP.

Some are written on arts and I can't copy them here.

http://www.fanforum.com/f72/sarah%E2...lies-63101815/

Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I know I took it badly, at first. I don't know why Im so protective of Spike and feel I have to defend him. (Probably because I love him.)

But, I feel kind of bad for the Angel fans. Spike is so wildly popular, that they have to grab on to any little thing that gives their Team Angel love some validation. I mean, honestly, every time I turn around Spike is winning some pole for #1 sexiest/coolest/bad-ass vampire around. It's gotta sting. So having Sarah say she prefers Buffy with Angel was a major win for them. Cool.

I like Angel...I really do. I thought he was great on his own show. I loved his relationship with Cordelia. And, I thought he was even funnier when Spike moved over to the show and the two of them were working through their "issues". They were hilarious.

So, give the Bangel fans a bone. They really need it. (Poor babies) But, it doesn't change the fact that the majority of fans feel that Spike and Buffy belong together, and that includes the great god of the Whedonverse, Joss.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
People put too much weight on what actors say about couples on shows. It's nice if the actors involved ship your couple, but if they don't it doesn't change anything, that's their opinion just like we have ours and they are entitled to it. That doesn't make other ships wrong suddenly.
Thank you for that wise comment
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well there is one good thing I guess about this whole thing.

The Buffy fandom proved how much we are still alive and kicking.

What other show that has been off the air could have fans be in such an uproar?

I read someone say that this whole thing was like the TVD fandom now.

I don't think that show will even be a blip on the radar after it ends.

I love reading reactions of new fans as they watch BTVS the first time on Tumblr.

The poll is closed and Spuffy won.

Well more than anything I'm glad that the Spuffy fandom is still So active.

It's mostly because I would die without my Spuffy fix.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread