Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

I love this art

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
“TV’s like whitewater rafting: Without rocks, there wouldn’t be rapids, and it wouldn’t be as much fun. Rolling with it gave us Tara and Willow coming out. It gave us Spike falling in love with Buffy. Rolling with it found out that Anya and Andrew were comic geniuses. You plan your ideas and themes, and then you let the rest form naturally, and then it feels real. It doesn’t feel like you’re imposing something on everybody.”
— Joss Whedon
I love how he expresses that, and how he once again mentions there that Spike falling in love with Buffy was something that just naturally happened as the show went on, and that that is why it worked so well.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that quote. We have talked a lot about how Spuffy were never contrived like most couples on TV are today.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Couples nowdays are either designed from the start and there is nothing bad about it if writers know how to handle it right, but most writers can't do it and it ends up being predicatable and forced. And other couples that were not planned end up being contrived when they suddenly appear out of nowhere. With Spuffy however everything worked so well. Because it was BTVS and Joss.

Love the art.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can like a couple from the start if they aren't shoved down my throat.

Like I love Bridget/Andrew on Ringer.

They seem to be slowly building them up.

I post the arts with the white on this thread.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Lovely art!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

That's the hot art.

It really doesn't matter to me if the couple is there from the start or not, the most important thing is the way it is handles and built up. A couple needs to have a good build up and a conflict (preferably an emotional one) to get me invested. Shipping is a challenge for me, when there is no challenge I don't find myself invested.

I'm starting Ringer next year

Old 12-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love how she can't wait to get to him after she became invisable.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

I love that too and how he sent her away it showed that both of them deep inside wanted it to be more than just a short lived affair. Buffy was angry at him when he sent her away.

Pretty art.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly.

I love how she imitates the way he talks.

It really was the whole soul thing more than anything that Buffy had the problem with.

I mean think about it. Spike had already been there for her and she had opened up to him like she hadn't with anybody else. Then you have the attraction and passion that was between them. Spike would have been total boyfriend material to her.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. That was the soul thing that was the biggest problem. Spike didn't have a moral compass because of it and that's why some of his actions wrre selfish since he couldn't see things like humans do. But still he did so much for Buffy and she trusted him with things that were the most important to her, like her family. She could open up to him like she couldn't to anyone else. She was attracted to him and kept coming back to him, she wanted to be with him physically and emotionally. It really was the soul that was lacking.

Beautiful art

Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really says a lot I think that even without a soul that she trusted Spike with her family and friends. Especially Dawn. He was the only one that wouldn't sacrifice her to Glory.

Spike loved Buffy So much that he couldn't stand it if that happened. Even if it meant the end of the world he didn't want Buffy to feel a moment of pain if he could stop it.

After he got his soul back it really didn't take long for Buffy to really fall in love with him. I think that really shows that was mostly what was holding her back more than anything. You know I go back and forth with whether she loved him in Season 6. I do know it was close to love. Her feelings were that strong. Buffy really saw the real Spike. The William part that had always been there and won. I mean really how could she not fall in love with this man that risked everything to become good man? He understood her better than anybody and loved her more than anybody ever had. Spike not only was willing to die for her but in the end he really did. It really was the perfect way to bring their love story and Spike full circle.

The best part is that it really wasn't the end. He came back and there is no doubt in my mind that they found each other again. This time they made it work and got over all their issues. Of course they still have their problems but one of the great things about Spuffy is that they could deal with RL together. We saw it in Season 7. They acted like they were married. Spike even joked about it. When he did Buffy agreed that she did come home. They really became each others home. There really was no where else either would rather be. That's why Buffy came home to him in Chosen and spent the last nights before the battle in Spike's arms.

Look at her smile and eyes here. When was another time we ever saw Buffy light up like that?

Could there have been anything more beautiful than the handclasp?

Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think the level of trust they managed to reach in S7 has a lot to do with the fact that buffy could trust Spike even before he got his soul back, even though she didn't want to admit it. She trusted him with all she got. With the most important things she got and he somehow ended up being the only person who wouldn't betray her trust. Not to impress her but just because he respected her wishes. And he cared. He cared about Dawn, when Glory tortured him he didn't give her up even though Buffy would have never known about his sacrificed if he had died. He took care of Dawn and Scoobies the summer when Buffy was dead because he was honoring her memory. Of course when there was so much attraction and desire when it came to Buffy, a soulles vampire couldn't deal with it in a right manner and some of his actions ended up being selfish because he saw things differently. And that is why Buffy couldn't trust him completelly and I believe that is why she couldn't bring down her walls and let herself love him. She needed to be able to trust him with eyes closed, she needed changes. And so did Spike. He needed changes and even back in S5 he said he didn't want to be a monster anymore, but there had to be some point of no return for him to realize what to do, to see the horror of his situation, of the fact that he will never belong to himself, but to the monster that took over his body. And after he fought for his soul, after he sticked around, after he was willing to selflessly sacrifice his love if Buffy wants to be with someone else - after all that no trust issues existed in their relationship and Buffy could rely on Spike in everything. And she finally brought the wall down and loved him.

Beautiful art

Old 01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great post.

I do really think Spike cared about Dawn since he cared about Joyce even before he fell in love with Buffy. The whole fake memories thing. I can see Spike liking her like he liked Joyce because of the interaction we got between them Season 5.

Spuffy could go to the final round of the Couples championship.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/%E1%83%A...-now-63036485/

Vote: Spike/Buffy

If you don't vote in that format your vote won't be counted.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder what kind of memories he had about Dawn. From what we saw he really cared about her the way he cared about Joyce. It was not because of Buffy, he just cared and he protected them despite the fact that he was soulles.

I vored of course.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top