Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

I love how they looked almost like two normal young people that are confused about their feelings there

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They do.

They really long to just be together.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Even with all the denying and not always understanding their own feelings, in the end of the day all they wanted was to just be together. I bet Buffy secretly dreamed of it being easier and of Spike being just a normal guy so she wouldn't have to deal with the fact that he was a soulles vampire whom she couldn't completelly trust.

Then again, I don't think they would have worked had Spike been just a normal guy like Riley from the beginning and they wouldnt' have formed such a strong connection had they not been through so much together, through all the dark and hard times that in the end led them to the light, and had their story been different.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I'm sure Buffy wished that they could just be together without all the complications.

Like you said most likely if Spike was just a normal guy it wouldn't have worked. Part of the reason he could understand her I think is cause he understood slayers.

Everything they went through definetely only made their love/connection stronger. So I think it makes all of it worth it in the end.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. One of the reasons why Spike could understand Buffy so well was him knowing slayers and their mission so well. He could easily see the difference between Buffy and other slayers, what made her hold on to life, what made her so strong and special. Of course they both dreamed about just being a normal couple at times (not sure if Spike ever though of it, but Buffy definitelly wanted it), but I think what made them so strong and special was the fact that they were never normal in general meaning of that word.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

They both were different but in a good way. They were So much alike too. I think that's why they could connect So easily. You wouldn't think they would be but Spike really was Buffy's counterpart. They were different enough that they wouldn't get bored with each other.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I absolutelly loved the balance between their similarities and differences. It helped them to work so well as a team and to complete each other in many ways. That's why their relationship were never boring.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've never seen two people more made for each other.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Neither have I

Now that is an epic first meeting

Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's the best first meeting I've ever seen. Then knowing that he came there to kill her but fell in love with her. Not to mention died for her and the world.

Photoset of First Date.

http://effulgentcolors.tumblr.com/po...et-from-my-fav

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-22-2011 at 10:36 PM
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

I think only Joss could make such a story work so well and make it so epic.

Their first meeting was like nothing else

Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Photoset of First Date.

Effulgent Colors
awww

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 12-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Buffy goes to Spike before Xander who is actually hurt and doesn't have vamp healing.

I love when Xander asked how's your date going?

Then Spike is willing to leave but doesn't because Buffy doesn't want him to. He is the first man that actually listened and cared about what she wanted and didn't leave.

Buffy is So vulnerable when she tells him he has to stay. I love the way she says it.

I'm not ready for you not to be here. Buffy never would be. Spike had become her everything. Even if she or him didn't realize it. He was the one she turned to and trusted more than anybody else. It went both ways.

I love this quote.

If someone is there for you, is asking nothing of you and has loved you faithfully and unconditionally for all those years, and if that person is the one that you turn to for comfort and support when you are at your most vulnerable, and if they give you that comfort and support unconditionally asking nothing in return, then whether you acknowledge it or not, that is love, so yes, Buffy loved Spike. -- Jane Espenson

Old 12-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

I love that Jane's quote and it really sums up Spuffy relationship in season 7 very well. I think it is in fact a much more powerfull love - an acknowledgement of how much a person means to you, an acceptance of the fact that this person will always be a part of your life, your heart and willingess to give this person second, third chance and start all over because your bond with this person is too strong to EVER let go. I think it is the strongest and most powerfull form of love, when you finally bring down your wall and just let yourself feel exactly what you feel for this person.

The only thing I didn't like in First Date is how for the first time it seemed like the Wood/Buffy/Spike triangle is starting I really didn't want for Joss to go that road, thankfully, the whole Wood thing was over by the end of episode

I never blamed Buffy for checking on Spike before Xander even though Xander was wounded more and his wounds were actually serious. It wasn't because Buffy stopped caring about Xander because of Spike, it was because that is how her instinct worked - she first ran to check up on someone who meant to her more than any other person would mean. It doesn't mean she stopped loving her friends in S7. It means that she finally let her heart be attached to someone to the point when this someone becomes as important to you as your family. Buffy would come to check up on Dawn first too, because they were a family; I think she felt the same way about Spike in S7.

I agree Spike was willing to sacrifice his love - let her be happy with Wood if that was what she wanted - and to leave if that was needed, but he was the only one who actually listened to Buffy, discussed it with her, took her opinion in consideration. They were equals in every way and that's why I think they had everything for long lasting relationship.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great post.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread