Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great art!
Emily
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they're SO hot
Old 04-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I love all that too.

I wish she would have let him help her instead of working at DMP.
Well, that's just Buffy being... Buffy She might be desperate, but in the end she wouldn't let Spike or another man help her, she wants to take care about herself and that is why she is so great. And I guess Spike loved this quality of her character. She wasn't Dru who always needed someone to fix her problems and make her feel good. That's why Spuffy where equals.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I love this scene!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Well, that's just Buffy being... Buffy She might be desperate, but in the end she wouldn't let Spike or another man help her, she wants to take care about herself and that is why she is so great. And I guess Spike loved this quality of her character. She wasn't Dru who always needed someone to fix her problems and make her feel good. That's why Spuffy where equals.
That's true.

I have always thought he was keeping those eggs to get money for her.

Maybe I've just read to much fanfic about it.

Out for a walk bitch is classic.

Welcome to the thread julyhsm.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Omg this "Out for a walk bitch" scene!

Quote:
I have always thought he was keeping those eggs to get money for her.
I never thought about this. But who know, I can see Spike doing this for Buffy. Or we're just delusional?

Hey julyhsm!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

'Out for a walk bitch' is probably my favorite Spike line ever. lol.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

ABou the eggs, never was really disgusted about Spike keeping them. He is a vampire without a sould, not perfect (gladly).
That´s why I will always prefer to think that Buffy fell in love with Spike in season six. The idea that Buffy should just fell in love with perfect Spike isn´t apealing to me. I love that she fell in love with him dispite everything. Spike also fell in love with her dispite everything.
"That's the fun of it. It's waiting and waiting and dissecting every little time he does something nice thing for her, and how it makes her feel - that anticipation, that build-up" ~ Julie Plec about Damon & Elena

Jana
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy at heart (View Post)
ABou the eggs, never was really disgusted about Spike keeping them. He is a vampire without a sould, not perfect (gladly).
That´s why I will always prefer to think that Buffy fell in love with Spike in season six. The idea that Buffy should just fell in love with perfect Spike isn´t apealing to me. I love that she fell in love with him dispite everything. Spike also fell in love with her dispite everything.
I agree about a soulles vampire point.

As for Buffy's feelings for Spike in S6, IMO, they where very complecated. I think she started falling for him even in S5. In S5 we see her seeing a man in him for the first time. After the Intervention she didn't look at him like at a soulles creature anymore. In S6 her feelings for him got strong, she found herself attracted to him and that's why she tried to convince herself again, that he is nothing but a creature, a "thing". She was afraid of her own feelings, of how real they where. I don't think it was love, but it was definitely something strong.

Love came in S7, imo, when Buffy could trust him completely, when she realized that he will always be by her side and that he is a part of her life and she doesn't want to do anything with it, she likes him being a part of her life. She didn't try to fight her feelings anymore and finally let herself love him.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree her feelings were definetely complicated.

She does finally see him as a man at the end of Season 5.

When they give into their attraction she got scared and started pushing him away.

I think she fell in love with him Season 6. She just couldn't admit until after he got a soul.

Part of what she was struggling with besides her depression was falling for Spike.

Like she said to Tara. That he is everything she is supposed to be against but she wants and needs him anyway. She couldn't deny that he really loved her after he got his soul back though.

The speech she gives him in NLM proves that.
Buffy: "You faced the monster inside of you and you fought back. You risked everything to be a better man."

Spike: "Buffy..."

Buffy: "And you can be. You are. You may not see it, but I do. I do. I believe in you, Spike."

Old 04-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She does finally see him as a man at the end of Season 5.

When they give into their attraction she got scared and started pushing him away.
That's true She started respecting him and trusting him in S5 and in the beginning of S6, but then she got attracted to him and realized they cannot be just friends/partners anymore, but she also couldn't allow herself to fall for him that's why she started pushing him away. Then when she couldn't resist him anymore they started having an affair and Buffy kept falling for him more and more. I don't think she actually loved him in S6, but she definitely felt something strong for him. She didn't trust him enough to love him. In S7 when he proved to be the one who is always gonna be by her side she was finally able to love him.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think you can control love like that. It just happens.

Buffy trusted him a lot. His chip wasn't working on her and she wasn't afraid of him.

She still trusted him with Dawn and her friends.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
That's true She started respecting him and trusting him in S5 and in the beginning of S6, but then she got attracted to him and realized they cannot be just friends/partners anymore, but she also couldn't allow herself to fall for him that's why she started pushing him away. Then when she couldn't resist him anymore they started having an affair and Buffy kept falling for him more and more. I don't think she actually loved him in S6, but she definitely felt something strong for him. She didn't trust him enough to love him. In S7 when he proved to be the one who is always gonna be by her side she was finally able to love him.
Yeah and Xander freaked out.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerenafan (View Post)
Yeah and Xander freaked out.
Totally

Well, I think such things as trust really matter When you cannot trust someone completely, you cannot love him completely. In S7 Buffy trusted him more than anyone. And that is when she completely opened up to him and loved him for real.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread