Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I've made my peace with Chosen after all these years.

It doesn't bug me so much that BA were given a moment in the finale because they kick started the show, and in that sense the final had a little something for everyone.

I just don't care about ship wars anymore.

Which is why ATS S5 sucks so much for Angel and Spike because it was literally Ship Wars: The Season.
What I think is that this triangle in essence has never been one properly said:

Buffy and Angel dated in the first 3 seasons and then he left.

Spike appeared, but never felt anything for Buffy at that time (even though for some, he has been attracted to her ever since).

Then came the senson 4 where Spike started to be active in the series and only then in season 5 he felt love for Buffy.

Buffy and Spike had a relationship during season 6 and platonically (strongly) in season 7, but he '' died '' and she moved on.

In ATS, Angel had gotten involved with other women (Kate, Cordelia, Nina).

In ATS season 5 Spike and Angel had their rivalry increased because of Buffy, but she was never present, it was only between the two and in the end they ended up putting their differences aside for a greater good (fighting evil).

We never had the 3 together in a season to explore a triangle and that was good, because each had his chance and his moments and in the end, I think the 3 found within themselves the respect for the other; that is, Buffy respects both Angel (taking the fact that in season 5 when he commanded W & H she has diminished some of that respect) and Spike (even though she thinks he's dead) and Spike and Angel in season 5 of ATS managed to find in themselves the ability to respect themselves and I believe that if It had a continuation after that and the 3 would find themselves in the same space, it would be strange and awkward, but they would be civilized.

The only one who suffered, even indirectly from this triangle (the term, so to speak) itself was Riley, since he faced jealous for Buffy because of Angel when he learned of his and Buffy's history and had a confrontation with him in season 5 and with Spike when he realized that he loved Buffy and later in season 6 when he saw them together even though he was married.

The worst of the Shipp Wars is when the people involved have scenes together and when they are badly worked can result in a bad story.

With Angel / Buffy / Spike happened in an unusual way that in the end did not hurt the story.

The Rogue Prince

Last edited by Clarice83; 10-28-2017 at 09:53 PM
Old 10-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
With Angel / Buffy / Spike happened in an unusual way that in the end did not hurt the story.
I agree with you until Chosen and ATS S5. Then the 2 ships collided and it did indeed affect the writing going forward.

I didn't need to see Angel and Spike in an immature pissing contest over Buffy for an entire season.
Quote:
it was only between the two and in the end they ended up putting their differences aside for a greater good (fighting evil).
Yes, and the only moments the two of them were likeable was when they were putting that all aside.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 10-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't believe I haven't posted this amazing new Spuffy OP Carmen made for the 300th on SMG.

http://www.fanforum.com/f72/spike%E2...joss-63198146/

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Absolute Fan

^Dat OP is hideous. That artist should be fired. Her artwork looks like Xander's toe.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^Dat OP is hideous. That artist should be fired. Her artwork looks like Xander's toe.
Carmen!

Right that's why I still find myself staring at it from time to time.

Last night I did & was thinking how I loved the caps you used on all the top moments.

I loved in the top banner how both looked like warriors together ready standing side by side to face anything & completely trusting the other.

Buffy chose Spike as her Champion b/c he was the one she wanted & needed to be there with her in the final battle.

It was as far back as Season 2 when Spuffy fought the minion that jumped out instinctively a perfect fighting team.

This moment like many important moments in Buffy's life Spike is there.

Buffy has to tell her mom she is the Slayer.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Beautiful!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amazing gifset!!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Some pretty

A HELL OF A PIRATE, Matching sets game: Joy and Sorrow - HIM
Old 11-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Right that's why I still find myself staring at it from time to time.

Last night I did & was thinking how I loved the caps you used on all the top moments.
Aw, thanks.

I had to take the caps myself since all the best cap sites have gone offline.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The fire metaphor for Spuffy in those gifs.

The gif where both are running especially Buffy b/c Spike just called out her name.

She couldn't get to him fast enough.

Spuffy both sacrificing their selves to save the world.

That gifset so many feels.

Quote:
Aw, thanks.

I had to take the caps myself since all the best cap sites have gone offline.
We just started a new thread on SMG & so I stared at some more.

Wow that sucks.

I didn't realize this.

You picked/made the perfect caps for the scenes.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Absolute Fan

What is this I heard about David Fury once calling Spuffy fans 'serial killer lovers?'

Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Every writer on BTVS loved Spuffy by the end of Season 7. The proof is in the links below.

I think all of them would make Spuffy endgame & that now includes the new writers for the Comics.

We sadly have Joss still in charge though.

He does love Spuffy more than any other ship.

Spike/Buffy are for me.- Joss Whedon (UK Complex, 10-16)

Spike/Buffy VIP Quotes (Part 2) - ENISY

That's as close as endgame we will ever have in the Buffyverse.

I don't even consider the Comics Canon with the show though.

Joss even has said it's up to fans. They are an official continuation of course.

Quote:
What is this I heard about David Fury once calling Spuffy fans 'serial killer lovers?'

This was his opinion when Spuffy was shipped with Spike without his soul.

Fury changed his mind see below after Spike won his soul back he loved them then.

There are more pro Spuffy quotes even in Season 6 from him before the almost rape.

David Fury pitched an ending to Joss for Angel, in which Angel wins the Shanshu and then "gives" it to Spike. This enrages Spike as not only doesn't he want it but he hates that Angel gives it to him, even though he could now go to be with Buffy.
- He thinks Buffy was in love with Spike by the end of Season 7. (Fan Report, Sacramento Q&As, 2005)

Spike/Buffy VIP Quotes (Part 1) - ENISY

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 11-10-2017 at 01:48 AM
Old 11-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love seeing how much Joss and the writers loved Spuffy in the end, and that they are still together in the comics!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Absolute Fan

OK, but what is the actual serial killer quote? I wanted a good laugh.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
OK, but what is the actual serial killer quote? I wanted a good laugh.
My guess the line from Season 5 when Buffy says Spike with a chip is just a serial killer in prison.

I don't remember anything exactly.

The foreshadowing

Closed Thread   Post New Thread