Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that art!
Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
Love that art!
The best part to me is the words.

The scene was this.

The First: What makes you think you will ever be anything good at all in this world?

Spike to the First

She does.

B/C she believes in me.

It means everything to him that Buffy believe in him of course.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-06-2018, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
B/C she believes in me.

It means everything to him that Buffy believe in him of course.

My favorite Spuffy lines from S7 -

"I don't know what I would have done, if you'd had gone up those stairs." (Spike, Chosen)

"Because I'm not ready for you to not be here." (Buffy, First Date)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

These are two of my faves from s7
Old 03-07-2018, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ "You're alive because I saw you change" - that's beautiful.

Spike has never gotten enough credit for being the one to inspire Buffy to go and defeat Caleb.

Spending the whole night in his arms is basically what saved the world.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2018, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
^ "You're alive because I saw you change" - that's beautiful.

Spike has never gotten enough credit for being the one to inspire Buffy to go and defeat Caleb.

Spending the whole night in his arms is basically what saved the world.
Why do you say that?

I see credit for it all the time in fandom.

Do you mean by the char. other than Buffy?

I have that gifset saved somewhere.

It's perfection.

It was Buffy believing in Spike & choosing him as her champion that saved the world.

I mean yeah the Scythe helped but not compared to Spike giving his unlife for Buffy & the world.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Didn’t Buffy even give him credit? Basically?

I see it all the time in fandom and we were just talking about it in the last thread for Spuffy over on couples
Old 03-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Why do you say that?

I see credit for it all the time in fandom.

Do you mean by the char. other than Buffy?

Because Angel turns up in the same episode and the attention of that perfect Spuffy moment is taken away by the stupid cookie analogy speech.

Believe me, I've seen plenty of BTVS fans act as if Angel's the true champion in her heart near the end, because he turned up ready to wear that necklace just to impress her (and apparently, he forgot all about Cordy).

It doesn't really matter to me Because Spike did what he did just to make Buffy feel better, whereas Angel turned up WANTING the credit from her.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe I just look at it differently

Yes, angel shows up and acts like he has some kind of say in what Buffy does with her love life but Buffy also called him out on that, “My god, are you 12?!”

But I also see that scene as Buffy ultimately choosing Spike over Angel without having to actually say it. She tells him that Spike is in her heart and then chooses Spike to wear be the champion and wear the amulet instead of Angel. She goes home to Spike.

That’s a pretty big deal to me.

I agree that the scene is annoying and screams fan service to me, but I don’t think it takes away from Spuffy as a whole.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Because Angel turns up in the same episode and the attention of that perfect Spuffy moment is taken away by the stupid cookie analogy speech.

Believe me, I've seen plenty of BTVS fans act as if Angel's the true champion in her heart near the end, because he turned up ready to wear that necklace just to impress her (and apparently, he forgot all about Cordy).

It doesn't really matter to me Because Spike did what he did just to make Buffy feel better, whereas Angel turned up WANTING the credit from her.
Yeah, i get that.
It just felt so forced to have Angel show up and all that.
That whole scene felt so weirdly out of place and forced, you can feel that its mostly there to have Angel one more time in the show and make sure that the Bangel shippers dont feel forgotten.

In the end it matters little since we still got some nice few scenes afterwards.
The weird thing is that i somehow always see the scene as taking place before the whole "Maybe when..." Scene between Buffy and Spike.
Dont know why but it just feels like that.

That Spike never got the credit he deserves when he did good is not something new sadly.
His mistakes get thrown around a hell of a lot, but the truly good things get overlooked a lot i feel like.
Not only in the show itself but also the fandoms or general audience.
For example him fighting all summer long next to the scoobies, taking care of Dawn when Buffy was dead...all forgotten like it never was a big deal.

But like said before, the thing that truly matters is that Buffy gave him credit, put her faith in him and all that.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 03-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

You are just talking about Anti shippers. Why bring them up?

They aren't going to ever give Spike credit for anything.

I haven't see Spuffy shippers even think this way & I've been in fandom since the show aired.

This is an App. thread.

It's one thing to talk about he bad in the writing at times but another bring these kinds of opinions up.

The important thing is Buffy saw how amazing Spike became & fell completely in love with him.

Spuffy shippers see all this as a huge deal.

Buffy did tell Spike the reason she was holding the Scythe is b/c of the strength he gave her.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Total Fan

In the end Spike was a champion/her champion because of everything he overcame over the seasons. Yes I am a HUGE Bangel shipper but even I can say Spike became a better being because of Buffy. He was there through some very major moments and fought along her side. Spike wearing the necklace in the end showed how he grew from his first episode. I honestly think if it wasn't for Spike at time Buffy would not have lasted as long as she did.

It also wasn't just Buffy that made an impact on Spike it was also Joyce (who was like a mother to him) and Dawn (his semi little sister). Those three did not just treat him like a vampire but as family.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will answer more about the above subject later.

I might have lost my limited edition SMG/JM cover from EW!

I asked my dad with all the moving that's been done & he seems sure it wasn't thrown away.

My dad knows how much I love Spuffy & said that wouldn't be something he would throw away.

I could have swore I got it & put it up somewhere before the moving started.

Thank God my dad knows about my Couples & TV obsessions.

I guess that's weird but lucky for me he does hopefully it pays off.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no Jaime! I hope you can find it

If not you might could buy another one off ebay

Quote:
It also wasn't just Buffy that made an impact on Spike it was also Joyce (who was like a mother to him) and Dawn (his semi little sister). Those three did not just treat him like a vampire but as family.
A family so true!
Old 03-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
Oh no Jaime! I hope you can find it

If not you might could buy another one off ebay

A family so true!
It was so funny to me the way he said he knew not to throw that away.

My dad remembered it being in the living room on the table next to the couch still in a protective cover b/c I didn't want it ruined since it's Spuffy.

I acted like it was Christmas when I finally got it last year.

I can't believe it's already been a year.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread