Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is old but love it.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched this video not that long ago (and rewatched it just now ). It’s so good! I love videos that put the voice overs over the music.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is the latest but a few months old from Kittenpoker.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love theirs videos so much! I wish they’d make more
Old 02-09-2018, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cuties
Old 02-14-2018, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
Cuties
I want to know what they are saying.

This isn't new vid love it & the vidder.

I just love rewatching b/c everybody makes lovely vids of them.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 02-16-2018 at 02:22 PM
Old 02-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that vid! Ive been pretty down in he dumps the last few days so I’ve been rewatching a lot of old Spuffy vids. . I cant tell if it’s helping or not bc

https://spuffyappreciationblog.tumbl...ired-by-my-own
Old 02-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG! the moments of terror used are perfection b/c it's like in both they are realizing this is happening. They can't stop what is coming next & it's all in the eyes to me.

Spike knew when he was about to be thrown off that tower that he wouldn't be able to do anything anymore. He was a vamp but even they have their limits.

I don't think Spike even believed then that Buffy even up against a God would lose b/c that's how much he believed in her.

Buffy knew as she watching Spike & how he was determined to do what was right.

She tried to get him to leave but he wouldn't.

It was more important to save the world. She knows she is about to lose him but can't leave him at first. She has to tell him how she feels though.

Buffy has to tell Spike that she loves him.

Buffy risks her life to tell Spike she loves him & taking his hand was willing to burn with him. She would have if the ground hadn't shook breaking their hands apart.

I will always hear Spike singing that Buffy has to go on living so one of them is living.

I will always hear how Buffy wanted the fire back.

Buffy finally gets the fire back as we see their hands burn as she lights up more than I've ever seen her smiling.

Spike has this look of Awe like he can't believe this is happening throughout the intensity both are feeling their last bittersweet moment.

Joss said during that period of time the rest of world didn't exist to them.

This meaning during the handclasp.

The love/connection between Spuffy that's strong that they are only see & feel each other as their hands burn together.

The handclasp is considered a romantic image.

I can't think of a more beautiful way to represent the powerful love between Spike/Buffy.

I think Buffy could understand why Spike had to sacrifice himself b/c she was in the same position basically with Dawn before.

Then she realized it was Summers's blood that would save the world she had to be the one to do it.

It didn't matter that Dawnie tried to stop her she was as determined to sacrifice herself as much as Spike was too.

Spike: We'll go be heroes.

Buffy: Angel said the amulet was meant to be worn by a champion.

Spike bows his head & thinks Buffy is saying he isn't one.

Buffy then with such light of love in her eyes gives him the amulet.

Spike: I've been called a lot of things in my time...

There is a light of love in his eyes too both almost have happiness as their eyes light up looking at each other b/c of the moment & feelings you can see of love written on both their faces.

I always think Effulgent throughout this episode with so much glowing even the handclasp.

Effulgent: Meaning Glow

Buffy is showing Spike she believes in him just as much as he does her giving him the amulet.

That's one thing I've always loved about Spuffy that they show their love for each other.

You can make all the declarations of love you want but it means nothing if you don't back it up with your actions.

How many times do both show/prove their love for each other?

I honestly lost count & everybody else sees their love/connection to each other Season 7.

There are many things even Season 6 that show Buffy was falling for Spike.

Spike shows his love the most of course b/c he doesn't fight it as well.

I've never seen a man love a woman the way Spike loves Buffy.

Buffy: Why does everybody in the house think I'm still in love with Spike?

I could write a long post just about this slip of the tongue Buffy tells Willow along with the times Buffy proved time & again that she was in love with Spike.

It's too bad Buffy didn't feel she could ever confide in her friends about Spike.

I think Spike believed Buffy at first when she told him she loved him.

Spike to Angel after asking what happened to Buffy comes out of the amulet.

He is at this point wanting to just run to find Buffy but of course can't b/c he isn't corporal which goes on for months.

Spike stuck there giving Angel all the time in the world to get to him.

Spike: You don't know what we had!

Does this sound like a man that doesn't believe that Buffy loves him?

This sounds like Spike knows that he & Buffy had something real together & loved him.

I didn't mean this post to be this long & it could be a lot longer especially if I talked about how Spike fought to the death to win his soul back.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Love this scene ... where it's clear they're on a deeper level than just the physical, though that was smokin' hot too.

And the one Potential who's watching them saying, "That's hot."
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-17-2018, 04:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Love this scene ... where it's clear they're on a deeper level than just the physical, though that was smokin' hot too.

And the one Potential who's watching them saying, "That's hot."
A good scene, too bad the episode didnt follow up much on this.
You then had them make eyes at each other in the demon bar, they had this awkward but sweet moment where they talked about Spikes crypt...but that pretty much was it.

Just thinking about the potential they had with season 7 and the fact they couldnt really explore any of the Plots fully, makes me sad.

Oh well, there is a reason fanfiction exist.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 02-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Some pretty

I will learn to love the skies I'm under
Old 02-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First real kiss!!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Buffy: That was real :love

Jaime, i agree you everythig you said. Spike, even when he was William, was always looking for something effulgent. He finally found it
Old 02-21-2018, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed Alicia.

I'm bringing this over from SMG. I like how it turned out mostly.

I wrote this before the last long post above actually so that's why effulgent is partly repeated/explained again.

Spike's redemption is a lot more than just fighting for his soul back b/c of Buffy. He had other issues. Buffy was the huge part of course. He didn't want to be evil at all anymore. He wanted to change. Spike realized he had a choice to make to go back to being evil or get what he called the missing piece to make him fit as a man in the BY ending.

I think this actually goes back to when Spuffy were fighting in Smashed.

Spike: Poor little lost girl. She doesn't fit in anywhere.

Buffy: Poor, Spikey can't be a human & can't be a vampire. Where the hell do you fit in?

Spike had tried to be a better man instead of a monster but just couldn't in the narrative fully change to be more without a soul. His love for Buffy could be so beautiful but we also saw it could be selfish & the demon seeing the only way to have her was to bring her into the dark with him. He made her think she came back wrong even a demon like him when he could hit her.

Spike b/c of the humanity left could love at all & do good things. I think he for a long time starting Season 5 & falling in love with someone truly good made him want to be in the light as well.

Buffy is his something Effulgent: meaning glow. Spike made ref. to how he saw Buffy glow. He meant her light. That she shines to him. Spike even told her he liked seeing her happy b/c it made her glow.

Spike: It's nice to watch you be happy. You glow.

Buffy: That's b/c the dress is radioactive.

Could Spuffy be more cute?

The narrative with Buffy being lost in Season 6 made him lost b/c Buffy had been guiding him. Spike looked to Buffy so much to know what was right/wrong almost like a soul would for him. I think this was part of why we got the unhealthy relationship b/c with Buffy lost & feeling she didn't belong anywhere that Spike felt more lost than he had been since Buffy felt this way.

The realization to change he needed his soul back hurting the woman he loved in such a terrible & horrifying way made him want/need to be better b/c he was good man before he was turned. Dru took his soul away making him an evil monster. Buffy gave him back his soul & made him want to be a man inspired by his love for her. William the bloody awful poet never went away even losing his soul. This is why Spike with a soul could fall in love with Buffy selflessly. He cared more about her happiness than his own but at the same time he couldn't help but long to be that person & Buffy brought him into the light with her Season 7 believing & being there for him.

Spike with his soul back loved Buffy in the human healthy way. We saw the huge diff. in how he just loved her & grew to be an amazing man that Buffy could fall completely in love with & he wasn't even trying to win her heart anymore.

Oh the irony here. His insecurities partly & his soul making him feel like he didn't deserve her. Buffy didn't even need to love him back. Spike became a hero & sacrificed himself for Buffy & the world.

I don't think you can truly change & be a better person that was evil especially unless they do want it for them self. It won't work b/c you have to have something more than just love to motivate you or has to be b/c a curse like Angel has that a vampire could change except for Spike was able to choose unlike any other vampire.

I hope this makes sense & I didn't repeat myself too much.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread