Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2017, 04:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Great pics and gifs!

I ordered my EW Buffy Reunion issue with Sarah and James on the cover!

Spuffy 4-ever!
Old 03-31-2017, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love their EW cover.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Sarah's boobage looks amazing

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 04-01-2017, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome pics and gifs! They look amazing together!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Matching blondies

Old 04-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This quote is So true.

Best romantic hero? Spike. Best character of all time ever-ever-ever? Spike. (Yes, you in the back, I hear you shouting "Angel," but I’m ignoring you. Because you seem like a nice person, and I don't want to shout at you. HOW COULD ONE HUMAN BEING BE SO WRONG?!??)
What's brilliant about Spike - and later Spike and Buffy together - is how deeply we get to know them. Not just at a skin level; at a soul level. Spike and Buffy talk about everything.
It always bothers me in love stories when characters fall in love for completely surface reasons. ("My dog loves him!") I want to see characters tear each other open too see if their hearts beat in time. I want to see them together. That's the voyeuristic thrill of loving love stories. Seeing them find each other, learn each other, sleep together, wake up together, patrol the cemetery at night, side by side.
Buffy and Angel loved each other from afar; they whimpered in each other's general direction. But Buffy and Spike happened onscreen. Team Spike 4EVA. -- Rainbow Rowell ("Author Rainbow Rowell on the Most Satisfying Love Stories Ever," 03-13)

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But Buffy and Spike happened onscreen.
Awwww. Too true. No other build up like theirs.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Edit

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 04-02-2017 at 02:40 PM
Old 04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike/Buffy VIP Quotes (Part 2) - ENISY

Joss is really being insulting calling Angel Romeo in the recent quotes.

Riley was well-adjusted?

I don't agree with the Riley part. He went to vamp whores to try & figure out why Buffy was attracted to vamps b/c she didn't make him feel needed.

That's not healthier.

Spike loved Buffy completely selflessly after he won his soul back. Joss still chooses Spike here.

Who did you like together with Buffy the most: Angel, Riley, or Spike?
You know what, I liked Spike. With Angel it’s too “Romeo and Juliet”. Which means, as soon as it happens you’re bored. Riley, you know he was a well-adjusted person who loved her in a much, much healthier way than the other two guys. Nobody wants to see that. With Buffy and Spike, they had a real Beatrice and Benedick kind of relationship, in “Much Ado About Nothing”. I think with the wedding, she would have tried to do something fast, but he would have made it elaborate and done everything wrong. It would have been extraordinarily counter-intuitive, and awesome! -- Joss Whedon (A, 3-12)

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 04-02-2017 at 02:44 PM
Old 04-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I watched Buffy on Netflix. I binged watched season 1 in honor of the 20th.

I was so upset when I found out that you could watch all 7 seasons and I was upset that I couldn't watch all 7 seasons due to netflix cutting it on April 1st

Oh well I still pressed on. I tried to watch as much as I could.

Over the years I missed a lot of the early seasons. I was in high school when Buffy was on and the series ended when I was a junior in college.

I watched all of season one. Then I skipped and watched highlights from season 2,3,4,5,6, and 7.

I bawled my eyes out over the great moments in Buffy like the end of season 2 and the end of season 5. As well as the amazing Spike and Buffy scenes in season 6 and 7.

Spike and Buffy was one of the most profound love stories. Very dark and scary. Watching season 1 really set up what Buffy was. The whole show was dark and scary. One vampires rome the earth, two the school is on the hell mouth, and three Supernatural forces are everywhere.

High school is scary enough but in Sunnydale it took on a whole new meaning.

As Giles puts it so eloquently to Xander in the pilot after Jessie is turned into a vampire.

Xander: We've gotta get in there before Jesse does something stupider than usual.

Giles: You listen to me! Jesse is dead! You have to remember that when you see him, you're not looking at your friend. You're looking at the thing that killed him.

The thing that killed him. This is Spike. William the Bloody. The vampire who slayed the slayers and everyone along his way. Spike took the jabs he got in his human life and turned the jokes of people wanting to jam a rail road spike into their heads after hearing his awful poetry and his failure with girls into a living nightmare.

When Spike became a Vampire that all changed. He is no longer the babbling love sick boy. He became sired to Druclia a beautiful sexy woman who turned him and he became the thing of peoples worst nightmares. He used railroad spikes as a way to toucher his victims before he drained them. He was William the Bloody for a reason.

The thing I loved about the love story between Spike and Buffy was the more Spike wanted to become human the more he feel in love with Buffy. We saw glimpse of the babbling man who wanted to write a beautiful poem in order to get the gorgeous girl.

How he wanted to take her out on a "date", brought her flowers when he Mom died, or just sat with her on her back porch because she was in pain.

Even when he got the chip that caused him pain when he tried to turn into a vampire deep inside he still was a vampire at heart.

Buffy was strong from the beginning but like Spike was an outsider. The girl who had the deep dark secret of being a slayer. Buffy was popular and well liked but under it all she felt the burden of life. So many lives lost so much pain felt over her calling. She was called to defend the weak but at times she was weak as well. She also died twice and was in her own personal living hell when she was brought back from the dead. She had to learn what it was like to live again and to love again.

When Spike attacks Buffy in season 6 He is still deep down a vampire a soulless creature who main mission is to destroy. Hence William the Bloody comes out. Buffy's strong as she is fights him but is so damaged emotionally after he attacks her that she almost forgets that Spike is not human and still deep down inside is a Vampire. Her own living hell is now a reality once again. Once again she is reminded she is not a normal girl but the Sayer.

Hence why the act Spike commits has to be so horrific that he begs to get his soul back so he can prove to Buffy that deep down he is not this monster but a man worthy of her love.

To me that says it all as to why the love between Buffy and Spike was more epic in some ways then Angel. Angel soul was take away and he was a very nice and helpful person but when his soul is restored we see the evil inside of him. Like a fallen angel his true colors shine.

I don't hate Angel I was a Angel Buffy fan in the beginning. Yes I know I know. Then that all changed after I saw Touched, End Of Days, and Chosen. (Like I said I missed a lot of some seasons due to school. Then I caught up years later.) Touched, End Of Days, and Chosen I remember watching on TV. I was blown away by Spikes I love you speech. However the one that hit home for me and made me a Spike and Buffy fan was "Last night was the best night of my life" speech. I remember tearing up over that scene. Chosen I remember how I couldn't believe how Buffy was willing to stay and die with Spike when he was telling her to go. It was such a beautiful moment and it was something I never saw her do for Angel.

For me the story of Buffy and Spike was more mature love story. I remember falling in love with them and rooting for them. It was a beautiful story of two people finding the good and bad in one another and still loving one another anyway. It was a story about redemption and humanity. Which is why the soul burns at the end. Buffy and Spike are the twin flams who saved the earth but they also saved each other.

In the 1992 movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer we had Buffy and Pike. In the TV show it was Buffy and Spike. Considance I think not.

Sorry for the babbling post and for going on and on but 20 years later Buffy still hits a cord like no other.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 04-06-2017 at 08:21 PM
Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
In the 1992 movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer we had Buffy and Pike. In the TV show it was Buffy and Spike. Considance I think not.
I always liked that little tidbit.

Quote:
Sorry for the babbling post and for going on and on but 20 years later Buffy still hits a cord like no other.
Don't apologize, I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Quote:
I don't agree with the Riley part. He went to vamp whores to try & figure out why Buffy was attracted to vamps b/c she didn't make him feel needed.
I actually think S4 Biley was a healthy relationship. It was only during S5 when it was clear fans hated Riley and they wanted to write him off the show that the relationship turned sour. Obviously S5 Biley was not a well adjusted relash.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thank you for loving my post!

I didn't hate Riley but the one thing about their relationship is that he never really understood Buffy. He woud try but something was always off. I think Riley came into her life at a turing point but in the end we always knew that normal was not something Buffy wanted even if she said she did.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I didn't hate Riley but the one thing about their relationship is that he never really understood Buffy. He woud try but something was always off. I think Riley came into her life at a turing point but in the end we always knew that normal was not something Buffy wanted even if she said she did.
I think Riley never truly got to know her because Buffy wouldn't let him. She wasn't fully over Angel and never completely let him in. The Angelus stuff also made her-understandably-guarded in love. I think Buffy cared for Riley but he could never compete with Angel or Spike.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I watched Buffy on Netflix. I binged watched season 1 in honor of the 20th.

I was so upset when I found out that you could watch all 7 seasons and I was upset that I couldn't watch all 7 seasons due to netflix cutting it on April 1st

Oh well I still pressed on. I tried to watch as much as I could.

Over the years I missed a lot of the early seasons. I was in high school when Buffy was on and the series ended when I was a junior in college.

I watched all of season one. Then I skipped and watched highlights from season 2,3,4,5,6, and 7.

I bawled my eyes out over the great moments in Buffy like the end of season 2 and the end of season 5. As well as the amazing Spike and Buffy scenes in season 6 and 7.

Spike and Buffy was one of the most profound love stories. Very dark and scary. Watching season 1 really set up what Buffy was. The whole show was dark and scary. One vampires rome the earth, two the school is on the hell mouth, and three Supernatural forces are everywhere.

High school is scary enough but in Sunnydale it took on a whole new meaning.

As Giles puts it so eloquently to Xander in the pilot after Jessie is turned into a vampire.

The thing that killed him. This is Spike. William the Bloody. The vampire who slayed the slayers and everyone along his way. Spike took the jabs he got in his human life and turned the jokes of people wanting to jam a rail road spike into their heads after hearing his awful poetry and his failure with girls into a living nightmare.

When Spike became a Vampire that all changed. He is no longer the babbling love sick boy. He became sired to Druclia a beautiful sexy woman who turned him and he became the thing of peoples worst nightmares. He used railroad spikes as a way to toucher his victims before he drained them. He was William the Bloody for a reason.

The thing I loved about the love story between Spike and Buffy was the more Spike wanted to become human the more he feel in love with Buffy. We saw glimpse of the babbling man who wanted to write a beautiful poem in order to get the gorgeous girl.

How he wanted to take her out on a "date", brought her flowers when he Mom died, or just sat with her on her back porch because she was in pain.

Even when he got the chip that caused him pain when he tried to turn into a vampire deep inside he still was a vampire at heart.

Buffy was strong from the beginning but like Spike was an outsider. The girl who had the deep dark secret of being a slayer. Buffy was popular and well liked but under it all she felt the burden of life. So many lives lost so much pain felt over her calling. She was called to defend the weak but at times she was weak as well. She also died twice and was in her own personal living hell when she was brought back from the dead. She had to learn what it was like to live again and to love again.

When Spike attacks Buffy in season 6 He is still deep down a vampire a soulless creature who main mission is to destroy. Hence William the Bloody comes out. Buffy's strong as she is fights him but is so damaged emotionally after he attacks her that she almost forgets that Spike is not human and still deep down inside is a Vampire. Her own living hell is now a reality once again. Once again she is reminded she is not a normal girl but the Sayer.

Hence why the act Spike commits has to be so horrific that he begs to get his soul back so he can prove to Buffy that deep down he is not this monster but a man worthy of her love.

To me that says it all as to why the love between Buffy and Spike was more epic in some ways then Angel. Angel soul was take away and he was a very nice and helpful person but when his soul is restored we see the evil inside of him. Like a fallen angel his true colors shine.

I don't hate Angel I was a Angel Buffy fan in the beginning. Yes I know I know. Then that all changed after I saw Touched, End Of Days, and Chosen. (Like I said I missed a lot of some seasons due to school. Then I caught up years later.) Touched, End Of Days, and Chosen I remember watching on TV. I was blown away by Spikes I love you speech. However the one that hit home for me and made me a Spike and Buffy fan was "Last night was the best night of my life" speech. I remember tearing up over that scene. Chosen I remember how I couldn't believe how Buffy was willing to stay and die with Spike when he was telling her to go. It was such a beautiful moment and it was something I never saw her do for Angel.

For me the story of Buffy and Spike was more mature love story. I remember falling in love with them and rooting for them. It was a beautiful story of two people finding the good and bad in one another and still loving one another anyway. It was a story about redemption and humanity. Which is why the soul burns at the end. Buffy and Spike are the twin flams who saved the earth but they also saved each other.

Beautifully said.

Joss has said they have mature love too.

I love reading long posts about Spuffy & thought/opinions.

I've wrote even longer you.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread