Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Maybe I have seen it. It's just been a long week. I know there are a lot of shots of that scene and the cut part with them on the ground.

The second part after "but" is better than the first part of the description.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here are the pics with the orig. ending script.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 5x04 Out of My Mind

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-15-2016 at 06:16 AM
Old 06-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Thanks!

When I watch that scene, I always wonder why when Spike says, "Oh, Buffy, Buffy, I love you. God, I love you so much," you don't actually see him say it. The script shows that he says it while they are on the ground. They must have dubbed it in. They should have shown the whole scene.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The stupid WB cut it.

If only the show was already on UPN.

I posted this on the other page but I think it got lost.

Spuffy: Wind beneath my wings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl3ewysiquI

New vidder encourage rate/sub.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-15-2016 at 03:30 AM
Old 06-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Every time I hear "Wind Beneath My Wings," I get choked up. At least now there's a Spuffy video.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spuffy didn't breakup in the new Comic

Spike saying he ever had Buffy on a Pedestal is Bull.

That's everybody else.

I love that Spuffy are together but a lot of the writing IMO doesn't work for me.

The comics in general have been ridic and weird.

So the whole SL of how they got together I hate anyway.

The last issue had Spuffy talking about things that they knew before they even got together were there.

The Pedestal thing is and rest is more reasons why Comics Never Canon

I know I should be just happy they are together and healthy way but Spike wanting to break up the Pedestal thing really bothers me. It feel OOC IMO.

Plus he sounded like Angel Season 3 walking away from Buffy.

New Comic review

Just Spuffy Part below

Comic Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer #28 - Wicked Horror : Wicked Horror

What happens is that Spike tells Buffy that it would be so much easier if they broke up now in order to avoid hurting each other even more later on, and Buffy tells him “No.” Now, just reading that at first might sound bad, because it’s generally considered bad form if you don’t just let someone break up with you. But everything that follows her saying that is kind of beautiful.

The bulk of this issue is a genuinely adult conversation about conducting adult relationships. It is, in essence, the story of Buffy and Spike and everything that brought them to this point. Of course it would be easier to call it quits, but the easiest thing is very seldom the best thing to do when you love someone. They’ve both had their share of troubles in past relationships, especially with each other, and they acknowledge that. Buffy is frankly glad to hear he’s having doubts and admits that she has her own and that that’s the healthy thing to do. Have doubts. Talk through them and be stronger for doing so.

And Spike, God bless him, acknowledges the unhealthy way he obsessed over Buffy. He talks about how he put her on a pedestal and is perfectly self-aware without taking us out of the moment. He throws away the notion of Buffy, the goddess he worshipped for so long. Spike finally discards that and focuses on Buffy the woman. She’s flawed and he’s flawed and they both love each other for it and that’s a place I’ve been rooting for these characters to reach for a long, long time.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I'm with you. Happy Spuffy are together in the comic, but the writing seems to be going downhill. Just because Spike has a soul doesn't mean he should become Angel. Spike is not Angel. Spuffy are not Bangel.

I want the Spuffy banter. I want them to argue, not a lot but they don't have to be perfect. I want them to be fun and sexy. Not all angst all the time.

Love each other? They said I love You?
Old 06-17-2016, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I'm with you. Happy Spuffy are together in the comic, but the writing seems to be going downhill. Just because Spike has a soul doesn't mean he should become Angel. Spike is not Angel. Spuffy are not Bangel.

I want the Spuffy banter. I want them to argue, not a lot but they don't have to be perfect. I want them to be fun and sexy. Not all angst all the time.

Love each other? They said I love You?
Agreed.

I don't think there has been an off. I love you moment but honestly at this point I don't care.

You can say I love you or any other version of it but what does it matter if you don't back it up with your actions.

Spuffy are in a real mature romantic relationship.

They show their love through how they are there and take care of each other.

Spuffy prove their love for each other over and over even on the show.

Literally saw and were there for each other through the good and bad.

How many times have Bangel declared forever love and look how it's never backed up properly.

Then in the Series finale Buffy said only if ever and that lame cookie dough speech.

Buffy chose Spike on the show to be with in the present.

Spike is the man in her life- Joss Season 7.

Buffy chose Spike in the comics to be with and made it clear she was in this relationship.

Buffy is in love with Spike.- Joss Season 7.

Even when Spike was talking about giving up which is still OOC.

We at least got to see Buffy didn't want out at all. She wouldn't just let him walk away.

Something that she has only done with Spike. He was going to leave town but she told him she needed him Season 7.

I think that Spuffy love each other is just something they know and doesn't even have to be said.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love the declarations but I'm fine with it not happening.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-18-2016 at 12:08 AM
Old 06-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I don't really want to buy this issue, at least not yet and a lot of tumblr hasn't been updated.

Jaime, do you know anywhere wiith some of the comic scenes?
Old 06-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I don't really want to buy this issue, at least not yet and a lot of tumblr hasn't been updated.

Jaime, do you know anywhere wiith some of the comic scenes?
It's not out yet. I don't think other than the preview that was posted earlier that there are any.

That was just an advanced review.

Love this song and vid from the vidder earlier I told rate/sub

misstheSlayer

Spuffy: It feels like heaven to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJFbdvheeo

Old 06-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
It's not out yet. I don't think other than the preview that was posted earlier that there are any.

That was just an advanced review.

Love this song and vid from the vidder earlier I told rate/sub

misstheSlayer

Spuffy: It feels like heaven to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJFbdvheeo
Oh okay.

Great video!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This isn't even a minute long.

Spuffy My House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMshs8oGvU

Old 06-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spuffy from the new comics

Daddy And Princess👑 — BtVS - Spuffy: True Love Conquers All

Buffy: No, you weren’t delusional, Spike, you have been right all along: true love conquers all – but not without effort, not without tears, not without pain.

You, more than anyone, should know that: you, by loving someone good, you chose to change yourself, you evolved, and now you have grown to be the man who deserves to be with the woman you love.

Buffy used Love again.

I have mixed feelings about this speech.

Loving Buffy was a huge part of Spike changing but he had a chance to go back to being truly evil and get the chip out.

Earlier in the season Buffy said he didn't fit in anywhere like her in Smashed fight.

Season 7 in BY he said he went to find the missing piece that would make him fit and that was his soul.

I always thought it was that Spike couldn't stand being a monster anymore and realized to be a man he needed a soul.

That the AR was the Catalyst that made him realize it.

We already had the foreshadowing that the one thing he does is not hurt Buffy.

Buffy goes to Spike about the cameras.

Spike: I don't hurt you.

Buffy: I know.

Maybe I'm not reading this right or wanting more which is way stupid.

Buffy wants to be with Spike and is even saying she won't give up without fight.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-25-2016 at 07:38 PM
Old 06-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Thank you. I'll take that as a declaration of love.

Spike got his soul back to be a better man for Buffy. But I don't think at that time that he really thought beyond that. What being in a healthy relationship with her truly entailed. In S7, Spike didn't try to get back together. He loved her but he had to deal with the guilt and self-loathing. With the soul, I think he saw being with Buffy as unrealistic after the AR. For a comic, I'm okay with the speech. I like that they kind of switched roles.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 06-25-2016 at 07:49 PM
Old 06-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

More!

Dog is My Copilot — BtVS Issue #28 - Spuffy Love

The way Buffy is looking at Spike.

Christina I hadn't thought of it that way.

Spike tells Buffy as it is even if she doesn't like it.

I love this line.

Spike: You're insufferable.

Buffy: Thanks that really helps.

I'm trying to ignore it b/c the truth is I'm never gonna be happy completely with how Spuffy or any couple I love for that matter are written. We all have our on interpretations. This was even a problem on the show for the writers. It really just shows that Spuffy are the most complex ships out of the Buffyverse. I think they are out of all the couples I ship.

The sheer about of time travel and fix it fics show it is for fans too.

Lately the first is a trend more than others. I'm tired of them.

It's what still makes them interesting/fascinating even after all these years. I love that from Spike's first episode this ship was UC and became popular on it's own. Yes the writing has lots of buildup that was in no way planned. Spuffy aren't just supposed to be meant to be. They chose each other over and over again.

This is Spike♥Buffy really choosing to have a life together and not giving up even if there are problems and in the big picture that's what matters and I really find most beautiful.

Still not canon.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-25-2016 at 08:05 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread