Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

We have the same top 2
Old 08-24-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
We have the same top 2
That's the main thing that matters.

#CrisisOnInfiniteEarths begins Sunday 8pm est time on CW!
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do enjoy them all though, I think I just like the ones where we saw them at their happiest

The Angel Rewatch, Angel Rewatch*2.19 “Belonging”*(3/?)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree.

Lovely gifset.
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Hanna/Caleb, Michael/Ash ~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~Icon by dancingphalenge~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's another classic scene where they're talking about how weird people are over demons
Old 01-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha yeah
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Hanna/Caleb, Michael/Ash ~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~Icon by dancingphalenge~
Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

They understood demons a lot better

& we hardly ever saw them in a normal bar, they went to Karitas instead!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that´s true.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:03 PM
New Fan

Hi there ! I really love the Fang Gang a lot (even more than the scoobies). Almost every relationships had some depth to it. So it's great to see a thread for them, thanks !

I'm going to try to put the Fang Gang teams in order, from least to most favorite :

n°7 Angel/"Cordy"/Wes/Gunn/Fred/Lorne/Connor (S4) : this was depressing : Wes wasn't really part of the gang, "Cordy" wasn't Cordy, Gunn and Fred were at odds, and Connor wasn't really part of the gang either)

n°6 Angel/Wes/Gunn/Lorne/Spike/Illyria/Harmony (S5B) : No Cordy, no Fred (I did like Illyria however). And although I liked Spike quite a lot on Buffy, and even if he was still as good a character on Angel, imho he took too much screentime (at the detriment of the other characters) for me.

n°5 Angel/Wes/Gunn/Fred/Lorne/Spike (S5A) : No Cordy but a Wes ! And a Spike with whom I still have the same issue than stated above.

n°4 Angel/Cordy/Gunn/Fred/Lorne/Groo (S3B) : No Wes but a Cordy ! The addition of Lorne was welcomed.

n°3 Angel/Cordy/Wes/Gunn/Fred (S3A) : Before it all went to Hell they had a very nice family dynamics.

n°3 Cordy/Wes/Gunn (S2B): They managed to be a kickass team even without their Champion because they were all, in their own rights, champions ("We are the champions .. We are the champions !!!!!!). We didn't see everything but they clearly grew very close (that's why Cordy and Gunn's reactions to Wes' "betrayal" is so heartbreaking)

n°2 Angel/Cordy/Wes/Gunn (S2A) : The introduction of Gunn was very nicely done. Wish this team had lasted longer.

n° 2 Angel/Cordy/Wes (S1B) : Even if Wes is not Doyle I'd say him, Cordy, and Angel are my second favorite character tie (sometimes Angel is third with Lorne). Love the addition of the brother/sister bond between Cordy and Wes. Wes was such a dork there ... I loved him !

And finally,

Numero Uno ! Angel/Cordy/Doyle (S1A) : Doyle is my favorite buffyverse character and Angel and Cordy two of my favorites as well. Morever, Cordy/Doyle and Angel/Doyle are my two Angel OTP (second would be Angel/Cordy), and Angel/Cordy/Doyle my buffyverse OT3 Even without the shipping their relationships were my favorite !

I hope I didn't let too much spelling nor grammatical mistakes pass ! Don't know how often I'll be able to post so I wanted to make this one a good one.

Last edited by apiondine88; 01-23-2017 at 08:38 PM
apiondine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Only a mod can delete posts, but you're new so it's ok - also, you can go back & edit old posts if you want to

& I pretty much agree with all of your rankings too!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Fixed it for you. No worries.
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Charmed Slayer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM
New Fan

Thanks !!!! I've just realised that the more recent posts appear on the first page not on the last.

That's funny because, even if it's possible that there're more Buffy's episodes that I love (and I'm not sure, I'll need to count them), overall I love Angel more. I think it's because of the characters. I love every members of the Fang Gang (with varying degrees). And, even when they broke your heart, every relationship was fascinating to watch unfold. They couldn't have hurt each other that much if they didn't love each other that much.

And they're all so damn shippable ! Appart from Cordelia/Wesley, because I see them as a strict brotp, I kinda ship (again, with various degrees) all combinaisons of the Fang Gang (polyamorous pairings included).

Who are your favorite members of the gang ? Favorite relationships ?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's tough! I think Angel is right up there for me, & I love Gunn a lot too, I think that him & all his dynamics are really underappreciated, I wish they got more love
Old 01-31-2017, 06:22 PM
New Fan

I agree. Even if he is not my favorite (still up there nonetheless) you're right Gunn is very underappreciated. Let's show him some love !

How incredible is it that he went from being distrustful of every supernatural creatures, to cautiously working for a vampire, to truly being said vampire's friend ? It's amazing ! I wish there had been more moments like the one at the end of "That old gang of mine" that explored his relationship with Angel (but this time showing their growing friendship).

The deterioration of his relationship with Wesley hit me hard in season 3 and 4 . They had such an easy friendship ! They were very different from one another but getting along like one of these odd couples in cop comedy movies (is that the right order for the adjectives ?). I ship them. And I like both Gunn/Fred and Wesley/Fred. The solution is obvious isn't it. Jasmine saw it too ! Ok, bad example.

His relationship with Fred was sometimes a bit too sappy for my taste but still adorable. And they had good chemistry imho. At first I was angry at Fred for the way she reacted after Gunn killed the professor. But with time I understood that the situation was complicated. He wanted to preserve her innocence. But he didn't realise that her innocence was already gone and that she wasn't a child but a woman who had been through a traumatic experience and needed to do something to set things right (in her eyes). After she felt guilty about making him a killer when part of the reason she loved him was because she saw him as a good man (he was) incapable of murder. I still think she was unfair to him.

Him and Cordelia is another relationship that I loved and that was a bit neglected I feel. They had great potential. They were different but I think, personality wise, they had a lot in commun : both were outgoing, not afraid to speak their minds, not very bookish, fun to be around, big hearteed, etc. I ship them too. Come on, the look they sent each other at the end of "First Impression" I can't be the only one to have seen the potential. Plus, who knows how close they became during their time working without Angel ?

His insecurities rang true. I wish his team members had done something to reassure him. Because no, he was far from dumb. Comparing himself to the likes of Fred or Wesley wasn't fair. I mean both are experts in intellectual fields (and they studied who knows how many years) and Fred was a bona fide genius. I'll need to do a rewatch (the burden !) but it'd be nice to keep trace of all instances of Gunn being smart.

He broke my heart in season 5. I'm not gonna lie, what he did was wrong. He admitted knowing that signing the paper would lead to someone being hurt. He just didn't think it would be one of them. But it shouldn't have mattered if it were or weren't one of them, because they were supposed to protect people anyway. But still, I didn't think he deserved to be tortured ! I don't blame him for Fred's death, I know Illyria's followers would have found another way.

Lasty, August J. Richard did a terrific job playing the part !

Charles Gunn, you were much more than "The muscle" (even tho you were a freaking badass !) !

Again, I seem enable to keep these replies short, sorry.

I kept Angel for another time.

Last edited by apiondine88; 02-01-2017 at 06:15 AM
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think that he was treating Fred like a child through Supersymmetry, I think that he just knew that it would haunt her forever & he wanted to try & protect her from doing something that would have such a profound negative effect on her.....& he was right. It did haunt her afterwards & she wished she hadn't done it.

But I agree with pretty much everything else, especially Gunn/Cordy. I hink at the beginning of s2 there was definitely a vibe between them. She was the one who really pulled him into the gang & it sucked when they barely interacted in s3. I kinda resent the Angel/Cordy romance in s3, because it was suddenly as if no one else on the planet mattered to Cordelia - like when she got back & didn't care about what had happened to Wesley at all. He had been her family & then she didn't seem to care if she never saw him again

Back to Gunn, it was so sad what happened to him in s5, I think the fact that things got that bad just proved how unhappy he had been for a while.....