Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Episode discussion 2x16; "Epiphany"

Tuesday, August 3rd @ 11pm(ET)
"Epiphany" TV-14-DLSV, CC
Angel attempts to reunite with his friends...who are battling some nasty three-eyed demons.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Banned

I loved this episode. It was really amusing watching Angel try and reconnect with Wes and Gunn throughout the episode.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damnit! I missed it by two hours. Doesn't it show again at five today? Or will that be a different episode?

BTW, where did you find that information? I'd love to know in advance what episodes are playing.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

EPIPHANY

The Good;
All of it, just magnificent, especially love the Lindsey/Angel fight and the truck crashing through the window.
The Bad;
Anyone?
Best line:
Gunn; "So what, you had a epiphany? Just wake up and bang?"
Angel; "Sort of the other way around"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Even though it's just plastic you wince when Angel smashes Lindsey's hand
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Damsel in distress; 18 Cordy this time around
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
We all expect Angel to lose his soul but he doesn't only Buffy can do that to him
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; still off from last week so yes
Cordy's tattoo;4
Cheap Angel;
Fang Gang in bondage: Wes and Gunn at the house
Cordy: 5
Angel: 9
Wes: 4
Gunn; 1

Fang gang knocked out: Cordy post-impregnation
Cordy: 11
Angel: 12
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 1
Kills: 1 demon for Angel and one for Wes
Cordy: 5 vamps, 1½ demons
Angel; 22 vamps, 32 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 2 demon
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 5 vamps+ 2 demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 6

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
5;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
4, Angel, Cordy, Wes and Gunn

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 10
Wes; 1
Packing heat; Wes for the third time with his shotgun
Wes; 3
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 2 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast
Angel: 2; Buffy and Darla
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Darla and Angel have sex three times. Darla considers herself very good in the sack as she's been doing it for 400years and used to be a professional. She asks Angel was she "Not good?" which is exactly what Buffy says in Innocence. Lorne suggests that Angel give Darla cab fare (I had a friend who always said that if a guy does that/cooks you breakfast afterwards it made you a prostitute. Strangely she is now an unmarried mother). On that topic Cordy impregnated by a demon against her will for the second time. And we always thought Xander was the demon magnet?
Captain Subtext;
Apparently the way to tell Angel and Angelus apart is that Angelus wears leather pants? Keith Topping suggests that at the end of the ep Lindsey is 'struggling with his sexuality' but I'm not so sure?
Know the face, different character; 2
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 14
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master, Anne
Questions and observations;
The PTB decide to save Kate, well you would, wouldn't you? How much do I love Lindsey as a lonely drunken teenage buck with a pink carnation, pick up truck, cowboy boots and sledgehammer? Angel uses the 70s term 'pad', well he was about back then, a groovy cat if there ever was one. Angel smashing Lindsey's hand is SUCH a powerful moment, even when you know it's plastic it still makes you wince. Goodbye to Kate who leaves LA, changes her identity and becomes a district attorney in New York before returning to Angel in season 6. Angels observation that if it all means nothing then the smallest act of kindness means everything is just wonderful. Lovely ending too with Cordy being caught by Angel, the gang is back together.
Marks out of 10; 10/10
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

FAVOURITE episode of the season so far! I loved it so much. For one scary moment I thought Angel had truly lost his soul again, but thankfully, he hadn't. I guess that's 'cause only his true love with Buffy can do that. The revelation with Darla was great. Angel's epiphany was just perfect. Darla's words reminded him of Kate saying the same words to him, I'm so glad he remembered Kate and went to her aid. Poor Wesley trying to get his gun whilst in his wheelchair. Poor Cordy getting caught by those demons with the third eye! That must've been painful. I loved how Angel let Gunn and Wesley go to Cordy whilst he fights off the demons. Damn Lesley getting in the way by running him over with his car repeatedly! I loved how Angel came back and knocked him off and smashed his plastic hand and borrowed his car. Driving into the house to save the others was amazing. Cordy saying she's not ok 'cause he really hurt her feelings. Loved Kate and Angel's conversation and how Angel isn't helping people for redemption anymore, he's helping people because it's right. And aww I love how he offers to come work for Wesley, Cordy and Gunn instead of getting them to come back to work for him. And aww, Cordy wondering why she didn't fall from her premonition and Angel said it's because he's got her.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The episode was a thrill, I remember.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode. Hilarious scene between Angel and Darla. And Gunn asks Angel if he had he had his epiphany like "You woke up and bang." Angel says it was more the other way around. Great how Angel proves himself to the others by saving their butts. And things finally work out with Kate. Very satisfying episode all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
For one scary moment I thought Angel had truly lost his soul again, but thankfully, he hadn't. I guess that's 'cause only his true love with Buffy can do that.
No, his true love with Cordelia can do it too.

Last edited by sum1; 11-27-2023 at 01:45 AM
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread