Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the trailer, I think I've seen clips of Jawbreaker in the past but never watched the full movie... it looks so 90s. I like it.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It really is, the music, the clothes, the language Gotta love it though

I'm not sure if I would like it if I just watched it now, or if I love it because I did when I was younger, but I hope you enjoy it if you watch it
Old 08-13-2014, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
It really is, the music, the clothes, the language Gotta love it though

I'm not sure if I would like it if I just watched it now, or if I love it because I did when I was younger, but I hope you enjoy it if you watch it
I think sometimes when you are younger, it's easier to like things that you'll probably question liking when you get older.

What was your favorite Darla BTVS scene?.... hmm.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah & then you like it in a nostalgic way? Like your fave film as a kid will always be one of you fave films even though you change.

Fave Darla scene? Wow, that's nearly impossible! There's The Trial of course, so many great scenes there, but also Dear Boy too, because at that point she was still kinda evil even though she was human & I always enjoy that manipulative side of her in a weird way
Old 08-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah & then you like it in a nostalgic way? Like your fave film as a kid will always be one of you fave films even though you change.

Fave Darla scene? Wow, that's nearly impossible! There's The Trial of course, so many great scenes there, but also Dear Boy too, because at that point she was still kinda evil even though she was human & I always enjoy that manipulative side of her in a weird way

Yup.

No, I meant on BTVS!! my favorite scene on BTVS for Darla is probably her first scene, because she was the first character shown and we knew right away she was evil and she played the scare catholic school girl so perfectly.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh ok, that's much easier! But I still can't pick just one

It's a small moment but I always really loved that slow motion walk to the Bronze when she's leading all the other vamps. & I love her scenes with Angel at his apartment in his episode, when she's pushing all his buttons.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh ok, that's much easier! But I still can't pick just one

It's a small moment but I always really loved that slow motion walk to the Bronze when she's leading all the other vamps. & I love her scenes with Angel at his apartment in his episode, when she's pushing all his buttons.

Oh I remember that scene. Darla leading the charge as she should have... although jeez I dislike the way Darla was written on BTVS when I look back on it. lol

I loved that scene in Angel's apartment. They both had a great chemistry there.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They had insane chemistry even back then, with so little material I'm not sure how they did it

I just loved how all the other vamps were all serious & strutting down & she was almost skipping ahead of them with this huge smile, I just love the way that Julie played that moment
Old 08-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They had insane chemistry even back then, with so little material I'm not sure how they did it

I just loved how all the other vamps were all serious & strutting down & she was almost skipping ahead of them with this huge smile, I just love the way that Julie played that moment

Some people have chemistry or they don't, and they definitely did even from that moment. If they were developed more on BTVS during those times, I definitely would've shipped them.

I know. I loved the way Julie played Darla. I really loved how although Darla was written a bit differently on the BTVS series... her relationship with the Master was the same. the Master really did care for Darla.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, I kinda wish we had kinda seen more of Darla & The Master's relationship, she was always his fave & she seemed to think of him as a father figure. It was pretty interesting.

i keep on getting texts from an unknown number
Old 08-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm with you, I didn't have much of a big opinion on the Master but I do love how the Master relationship with Darla was. When she was on her deathbed he saved her... sort of. He kind of probably showed her the ropes of everything, she left him for Angelus but he never held it against her or was looking for revenge and then they reunited centuries later and she still was his favorite.

I love that picture.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think in her mind she definitely thinks that he saved her - even if she wasn't dying, I think she'd think that he had saved her from a life where she seemed to have no agency or power & made her strong. I always got the sense that she put him on a pedastal for that.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think in her mind she definitely thinks that he saved her - even if she wasn't dying, I think she'd think that he had saved her from a life where she seemed to have no agency or power & made her strong. I always got the sense that she put him on a pedastal for that.

Yeah with Darla I kind of feel bad for her because either way her life was going to end badly. I felt like she never really had a true chance at happiness, which is one of the main reasons during the Trial episode that Angel wanted to help her, wanted her to have a chance.

He did save her because he made her strong, and now she could finally "survive" and protect herself.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, in a twisted way I think she could of thought of him as her liberation, almost like a God. Aside from with Angelus, she was so loyal to him & I always wanted to understand that a bit better, it was almost like she stopped thinking for herself when she was under his rule.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just chiming in to say the Darla storyline was probably my favorite part of Angel. She made quite the impact in the Buffyverse for having so few episodes, so would you have wanted more Darla? I'm leaning towards yes, but the limited amount of screentime might have kept the few storylines she did have of a higher quality.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread