Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2018, 01:55 PM
  #271
Addicted Fan

 
straws's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,639
Thanks for those fic recs. I can't get enough Sunnydale CA. I'm still sad Angel's Oasis archive closed a few years back. CA fic is too precious to lose.

Quote:
Even I must shamefully admit that I did not appreciate her until AtS.
Same. I didn't bother to look passed her Queen C persona until ATS. Then I went back and watched Sunnydale Cordy and found so many things to love about her. Her confidence is #goals.

Look at his faaaace. Her POWER.






__________________
"You have a plan?"
Buffy: "I am the p l a n."
straws is offline  
Old 06-09-2018, 10:14 PM
  #272
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
Hold on, I'm confused. Angel's Oasis is closed?
Then how I am there?

Same. I went back and watched C/A after the whole AtS experience and only then noticed so much subtext and fanfic writers are so good at unmasking her in Sunnydale C/A plots.

That Halloween encounter was so special, that was the most open and humanized we saw Angel in BtVS.
So much potential for that to go somewhere as well. *sigh*
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 02:09 PM
  #273
Addicted Fan

 
straws's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,639
Quote:
Hold on, I'm confused. Angel's Oasis is closed?
Then how I am there?
Whaaaat? The site is back? Am I crazy or was it once offline for a while?
I've been trying to register all day but it won't let me. The capcha option is broken I think. Who do I contact about this? I needs my CA fics.

Quote:
That Halloween encounter was so special, that was the most open and humanized we saw Angel in BtVS.
So much potential for that to go somewhere as well. *sigh*
I like the fanon that Angel was actually secretly sad when she stopped talking to him because he found her humanizing/unique in her own way. Maybe that's part of why Angelus tackled her.
__________________
"You have a plan?"
Buffy: "I am the p l a n."
straws is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:18 PM
  #274
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Whaaaat? The site is back? Am I crazy or was it once offline for a while?
I've been trying to register all day but it won't let me. The capcha option is broken I think. Who do I contact about this? I needs my CA fics.
The first SAR fic I hyperlinked, 'All You Need' is at AO.
If it was ever offline I missed it, I've not been there before now. I only just got into fics perhaps a year ago (which is your doing BTW and I'm glad).

Not only was I able to register but had to as it requires login to access the fics themselves.

If you'd like to contact someone in charge there I believe Lysa is, the author of 'Promise of the Night', 'Double or Nothing' and many other fantastic fics.

Her email is:
lysawhitmore@aol.com
I recently sent her feedback via email after reading a fic of hers which is most up-to-date at her personal website but her guestbook wasn't working and believe she's an admin at AO because she included this statement to me in her response:
Quote:
If you do write some C/A fan fiction, you are welcome to submit it to me for inclusion at the Angel’s Oasis Fanfiction Archive.
Here is her personal website:
lysawhitmore.webs.com/

The fic is 'Season of Solace', fantastic fic and she assured me that she's still working on it and writing C/A in general.

In turn, if you know anyone in charge at Stranger Things please let me know. They've disabled registration and I've attempted to use the 'contact us' form to request membership THRICE but never received a response. Last I peeked, the forum seemed to still be fairly active.


Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I like the fanon that Angel was actually secretly sad when she stopped talking to him because he found her humanizing/unique in her own way. Maybe that's part of why Angelus tackled her.
fanon accepted despite his rather rude departure from their 'Halloween' conversation.
I do fully believe that the tackle illustrated that a part of Angel was always attracted to Cordelia.
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:56 AM
  #275
Elite Fan

 
Charmed Slayer Angel's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Buffy and Angel
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 33,728
Good to see some sites are coming back up. The loss of Blood Queen's screencaps was disheartening
__________________
Colton | Icon:?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer | Angel the Series | Xena: Warrior Princess | Charmed | X-Files | Sabrina the Teenage Witch

"Well buckle up, Rupert. Cause I've turned pro." - Dark Willow
Charmed Slayer Angel is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:39 PM
  #276
Addicted Fan

 
straws's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,639



Quote:
The loss of Blood Queen's screencaps was disheartening
I loved that site.

Thank you for the help, Ashes Fall! I will try contacting Lysa.

Quote:
I only just got into fics perhaps a year ago (which is your doing BTW and I'm glad).


Quote:
The fic is 'Season of Solace', fantastic fic and she assured me that she's still working on it and writing C/A in general.
Oh, I love that one. DON is still my #1 holy fave tho.

Quote:
In turn, if you know anyone in charge at Stranger Things please let me know. They've disabled registration and I've attempted to use the 'contact us' form to request membership THRICE but never received a response. Last I peeked, the forum seemed to still be fairly active.
I have an account. I could try posting and making a request for you...?
Quote:
fanon accepted despite his rather rude departure from their 'Halloween' conversation.
I do fully believe that the tackle illustrated that a part of Angel was always attracted to Cordelia.
The tackle is everything.

Remember in When She Was Bad when Cordy was like..."I'll just see if Angel feels like dancing." but she got kidnapped before she could ask him? I often think of that CA sexy dance that was stolen from us.
__________________
"You have a plan?"
Buffy: "I am the p l a n."
straws is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:51 PM
  #277
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)

Love her cat costume. She looked so cute.
Somehow I feel like she'd give me the look she's got in that second cap for using the word 'cute' but tough *******! She looked cute so there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I loved that site.
Are we talking about Screencap Paradise? If so I agree that was a devastating loss. It took me ages to find another that had a full and adequately sized Angel collection.


Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Oh, I love that one. DON is still my #1 holy fave tho.
DON will be stuck with me forever. It was the first and so far only work of text that has brought me to tears.
Her last night with both the Angels and then waking up with the Angel remix had me bawling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I have an account. I could try posting and making a request for you...?
That would be so great, thanx so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
The tackle is everything.

Remember in When She Was Bad when Cordy was like..."I'll just see if Angel feels like dancing." but she got kidnapped before she could ask him? I often think of that CA sexy dance that was stolen from us.
I did not!
Bollacks! Why did Joss seem to love robbing us of so much C/A goodness?!
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM
  #278
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
I'm reaching the end of the C/A fic rope but I found this one that I think you'll love Straws.

Walking in My Shoes

It's the Nicholas Cage film 'The Family Man' meets 'Double or Nothing'.

As the battle that immediately proceeded that NFA cliffhanger reaches it's climax Angel is transported to an alternate reality in which seasons 4 and 5 didn't happen and he's married to Cordelia with twin children.

It's a fantastically developed and characterized read that's literally got a little of everything; happiness, romance, passion, adorableness, heartbreak, angst, action and hope.

One of the most brilliant lines in the fic is one that had to be intended as a slap across Joss's face. It's a comment Cordelia makes after she and Angel finish watching the latest episode of her favorite TV show:

"They will just break them up. They always do that on these shows. They tempt you with a relationship and then some tragedy breaks them apart."

NOTE: Ignore the 'TBC's at the end of each chapter, I'm assuming the author was unable to remove them as they'd updated due to their being no option to edit content once uploaded.
It's a complete 35 chapter fic that's navigated using a drop-down list like FF.net.
At least I think it's complete, it ends in a bit of an abrupt place and there is no 'The End' but it's also the only chapter without a 'TBC'.
Overall the story wrapped up adequately enough.
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-25-2018, 05:53 PM
  #279
Addicted Fan

 
straws's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,639
Quote:
As the battle that immediately proceeded that NFA cliffhanger reaches it's climax Angel is transported to an alternate reality in which seasons 4 and 5 didn't happen and he's married to Cordelia with twin children.
You had me at season 4 and 5 didn't happen. Thank you for the rec. I'm gonna check it out tonight.

Quote:
Are we talking about Screencap Paradise? If so I agree that was a devastating loss. It took me ages to find another that had a full and adequately sized Angel collection.
SP was one of my all-time BTVS/ATS sites for caps. Even Charmed caps.

Quote:
Bollacks! Why did Joss seem to love robbing us of so much C/A goodness?!
It is sadly Joss' speciality.
__________________
"You have a plan?"
Buffy: "I am the p l a n."
straws is offline  
Old 06-25-2018, 08:09 PM
  #280
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
You had me at season 4 and 5 didn't happen. Thank you for the rec. I'm gonna check it out tonight.
You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
SP was one of my all-time BTVS/ATS sites for caps. Even Charmed caps.
Indeed, I used it for Charmed as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
It is sadly Joss' speciality.
*sigh* It is and it's infuriating!
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-25-2018, 09:03 PM
  #281
Fan Forum Legend

 
fractured moonlight's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 317,163
Sunnydale CA is one of my favorite things. I wish they had gotten more focus.

straws - Those icons are gorgeous. Saved a few.
fractured moonlight is offline  
Old 06-26-2018, 10:17 AM
  #282
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Sunnydale CA is one of my favorite things. I wish they had gotten more focus.
That's my wish as well.
At least of my favorite C/A fics are Sunnydale C/A.
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-26-2018, 11:20 AM
  #283
Elite Fan

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Movies
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Sunnydale CA is one of my favorite things. I wish they had gotten more focus.

Agreed. One of the only times I ever saw Angel laugh + have a good time was when Cordy was flirting with him in the Season 2 episode Halloween
__________________

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline  
Old 06-26-2018, 01:30 PM
  #284
Loyal Fan
 
Ashes Fall's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Agreed. One of the only times I ever saw Angel laugh + have a good time was when Cordy was flirting with him in the Season 2 episode Halloween
Indeed, Some Assembly Required as well.
When he found her in that dumpster he smirked and made a joke about it not being her usual type of hangout place.




PS: I totally believe he'd been following her on purpose, whether it was concern that she was out alone at night or to play with her.
With his acute Vampire sense of smell, there's no way he thought she was Buffy.
__________________
"Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline  
Old 06-26-2018, 01:42 PM
  #285
Elite Fan

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Movies
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,403
I think Angel liked that Cordy was upfront about her crush on him. Plus, she was the embodiment of who Buffy used to be, at Hemery High.
__________________

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.