Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)

TBH I didn't read the whole thing. Like you said, it was rushed and as the title even points out, more of a parody. I prefer the original DON. It is sacred CA literature to me.
Development wise, I agree but I appreciated the threesome, less B/A, no Evil Angel and no Willow's pink concoction in the parody.

Quote:
Have you read her vampire Cordy fic yet?
I intended to but I'm put off now because the listing shows it to be unfinished (The author list, unlike the title list specifies how many parts each fic has and the unfinished ones will end with a ?). Those are frustrating. So I've been avoiding them.

Quote:
I officially started my Bones re-watch and #gotdamn I forgot how well DB fills out his FBI suits. I'm crushn' hard.
Amen. I'm crushing hard as well but I have been since AtS.
That man drives me crazy every single time I watch Bones.

His FBI suits are certainly fine but it's his undercover outfits in 'Double Trouble in the Panhandle' (leather effing pants, like Angelus! ) and 'The Diamond in the Rough' that are the hottest!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 01-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I intended to but I'm put off now because the listing shows it to be unfinished (The author list, unlike the title list specifies how many parts each fic has and the unfinished ones will end with a ?). Those are frustrating. So I've been avoiding them.
IDK why it's marked as incomplete (an error on the part of the person who ran the website?) but it's actually a completed fic.
just fic
The last chapter finishes with "The End" and I've read it more than once.

Quote:
His FBI suits are certainly fine but it's his undercover outfits in 'Double Trouble in the Panhandle' (leather effing pants, like Angelus! ) and 'The Diamond in the Rough' that are the hottest!

I'm loving all his non-Angel attire. Well fitted t's with jeans. Aviators. Seeing him out in the sun.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
IDK why it's marked as incomplete (an error on the part of the person who ran the website?) but it's actually a completed fic.
just fic
The last chapter finishes with "The End" and I've read it more than once.
Oh sweet! I'm reading down her list as we speak (So far she is the author with most Nc-17's I've seen so far, yay ) so I'll go ahead and read it.

I can't get something out of my head.
Last Halloween we had a brief discussion about season 11 of Angel because I'd gotten my first glimpse in comic stores and you said that you've seen the whole Angel going back in time wanting to dust Angelus and seeing his sister again plot done better in fan fiction.

If any are Cangel fics, please point me to them!

Quote:

I'm loving all his non-Angel attire. Well fitted t's with jeans. Aviators. Seeing him out in the sun.
Indeed and he gets to be more of his silly self rather than all dark, awkward and broody though of course, I love our Angelcakes to dust. see what I did there?
Such as how he gets to have fun when he sings (i.e season 1's 'The Two Bodies in the Lab' and 4's 'The Double Death of the Dearly Departed').

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 01-14-2018 at 04:46 PM
Old 01-16-2018, 11:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Just finished 'Promise of the Night'. Wow, that was some seriously dark ****ake mushrooms.
I got a little irritated by two things:

1. Angel projecting the responsibilities of a soul onto Cordelia when he was well aware that she did not have one.

2. That while Willow had been entirely intent on ensouling both Angel and Cordelia on Acathla night and Cordelia's re-ensoulment was canceled due to her presumed dusting, somehow the notion didn't return when she did.
Particularly in the form which ties in with my first point. How could Angel have had such issues with Cordelia's soulless behavior and not come up with the obvious solution, return her soul as well?
Was it because he didn't want to plague her with the guilt of Xander's murder because he claimed that guilt for himself for siring her? I suppose that would make some sense but it's absurd.

Other than that, however, I found it very well done.
Vamp Cordy and Angelus are so authentic.

I was a little miffed at Willow for her dirty trick that once again removed Angel's soul because he and Cordy were just becoming comfortable with each other but in those end paragraphs when Angelus, to the extent of his personal soulless capacity, gave into love I melted.

Plus once Cordy killed Buffy, it was better Angelus than Angel and that Angel could never return. Could he have forgiven her? Even if he took on this fault as well, could he ever look at her the same again, accept her, touch her?

I found it horribly amusing that it took Buffy so long to recognize a cue that it was Angelus she'd invited into her house not Angel and that it was the nickname 'Buff' rather than his outburst of laughter at something inappropriate--or at all for that matter that clicked for her.
Cordy would have instinctually raised a weapon to that laugh in season 3 of BtvS considering her keen observation and healthy caution of vampires and anyone of AI would have been there by post-beige season 2 of AtS. Gunn would have been from the beginning given his experience with vampires.

I loved how this fic made you want the big bads to win and how interesting it was to do just that even if it meant the brutal murders of beloved characters that we'd never forgive in the canon.
I gotta say I was a bit uncomfortable reading Buffy's murder as opposed to the others, not quite sure of the reason but it worked and considering that at this point Buffy had next to nothing, she'd probably gone to face Cordy in the first place looking for surrender. Even if it was subconsciously.
When Spike gave Cordy kudos for her first slayer kill and Angelus was lit with pride I got a little psyched. Is that horrible?

Totally random but I am suddenly wondering if Angelus or Angel had ever encountered a slayer before Buffy?

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 01-17-2018 at 12:13 AM
Old 01-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Last Halloween we had a brief discussion about season 11 of Angel because I'd gotten my first glimpse in comic stores and you said that you've seen the whole Angel going back in time wanting to dust Angelus and seeing his sister again plot done better in fan fiction.

If any are Cangel fics, please point me to them!
I love Anneb's Time Travel Series.

The first story in it is Into The Past
Into the Past. 1-7 | Go Team CA

As with a lot of her work, the SAG is horrible, but worth ignoring for the CA goodness and the fun story she weaves. She's pretty good with character voices too.

Quote:
Indeed and he gets to be more of his silly self rather than all dark, awkward and broody though of course, I love our Angelcakes to dust. see what I did there?
Such as how he gets to have fun when he sings (i.e season 1's 'The Two Bodies in the Lab' and 4's 'The Double Death of the Dearly Departed').
I'm on season 5 now (lmao I plowed through the episodes so fast ) and I feel like the quality of the show declined somewhere in S4. The humor is very 'try-hard sitcomy' and the storyline is getting more and more soap operaish. It makes me cringe for most things not B&B. (I hate a lot of the Angela & Hodgins plot even though I started off shipping them.)

Anyway, DB and ED make the show work. Their chemistry is great and they are fun to watch. I generally don't care for the writing for the show, I don't think it is particularly strong and was better in S1-S2, but when it comes to the B&B relationship, it's being built up right.
Quote:
Just finished 'Promise of the Night'. Wow, that was some seriously dark ****ake mushrooms.
Right? It is one of the most realistic, 'hold no punches', soulless vamp fics I have ever read.

Quote:
Particularly in the form which ties in with my first point. How could Angel have had such issues with Cordelia's soulless behavior and not come up with the obvious solution, return her soul as well?
Was it because he didn't want to plague her with the guilt of Xander's murder because he claimed that guilt for himself for siring her? I suppose that would make some sense but it's absurd.
Honestly, I think you hit the nail on the head? Re-souling a vampire isn't a cure, it is a curse and Angel knows that better than anyone. Maybe Cordelia Chase's human soul was in heaven. Did she deserve to have it yanked out and put into the body of a vicious killer? Human Cordy was a victim and didn't deserve an eternity of suffering.

I think Angel, as much as he disliked her ~evil ways, was too protective to hurt her like that.

I loved his possessiveness and inability to stake her or stay away from her even with his soul. I love (in a sadistic, heartbreaking way) that her telling him she loved him cost him his soul again, essentially damning him.

Quote:
Other than that, however, I found it very well done.
Vamp Cordy and Angelus are so authentic.
Quote:
Plus once Cordy killed Buffy, it was better Angelus than Angel and that Angel could never return.
Exactly. Honestly, I can see something like that driving Angel to a mental break.

Quote:
I loved how this fic made you want the big bads to win and how interesting it was to do just that even if it meant the brutal murders of beloved characters that we'd never forgive in the canon.
I gotta say I was a bit uncomfortable reading Buffy's murder as opposed to the others, not quite sure of the reason but it worked and considering that at this point Buffy had next to nothing, she'd probably gone to face Cordy in the first place looking for surrender. Even if it was subconsciously.
When Spike gave Cordy kudos for her first slayer kill and Angelus was lit with pride I got a little psyched. Is that horrible?
I love that you essentially described exactly how I felt when I read it. Like, Buffy's murder made my stomach churn and kills me to read and yet Lysa also managed to make me proud of Cordy for killing a slayer and even, like you said, makes me feel all melty when Angelus says he doesn't want an eternity without Cordy. It's so weird how the story can horrify me with its darkness but be so compelling and make me Team Vamps?

Other things I loved:

Vampire Cordy having acrobatic abilities and a unique fighting stlye bc of human Cordy's cheerleading skills. The Cordy & Dru sisterhood bond. Angelus turning to Acathla only because he thought Cordy was gone.

The Buffy/Spike scenes are so believable too.

Yep. My fave Evil-Cordy/Aus fic by far.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I love Anneb's Time Travel Series.

The first story in it is Into The Past
Into the Past. 1-7 | Go Team CA

As with a lot of her work, the SAG is horrible, but worth ignoring for the CA goodness and the fun story she weaves. She's pretty good with character voices too.
Excellent. Right now I'm reading the last fic on Lysa's list and then I'll read this.

AnneB, that name sounds familiar (and not just because it's also mine---well Anne is my middle name but I've been converting to going by it).
I don't remember the story, might have been 'This Time It's Real' but I am certain you've had me read her before.

Quote:
Anyway, DB and ED make the show work. Their chemistry is great and they are fun to watch. I generally don't care for the writing for the show, I don't think it is particularly strong and was better in S1-S2, but when it comes to the B&B relationship, it's being built up right.
In that case, you'll want to stick around. B&B reach a turning point at the end of season 6.
Terrible season overall, but necessary particularly to ready Brennan's character for the worthwhile outcome.
Let me put in these terms, this is basically the outcome that not only was denied to CA but was defiled with character rape.

Quote:
Honestly, I think you hit the nail on the head? Re-souling a vampire isn't a cure, it is a curse and Angel knows that better than anyone. Maybe Cordelia Chase's human soul was in heaven. Did she deserve to have it yanked out and put into the body of a vicious killer? Human Cordy was a victim and didn't deserve an eternity of suffering.

I think Angel, as much as he disliked her ~evil ways, was too protective to hurt her like that.
It hadn't occurred to me that he'd, given his own original circumstances would see ensoulment as damnation and thus wasn't something he'd wanted to subject Cordy to as his victim.

Though I have slight trouble with that because aren't all vampires born--er reborn from victims including Angelus, Spike, Drusilla, and Darla?
Darla sired and nurtured Angelus from the seed of his existing rage and pre-corroded heart as he did similar to Cordy in POTN (and it can be assessed that Dru was symbolic of Liam being robbed of his manhood and dignity by his father).

Darla's circumstances, in particular, are thought-provoking.
A vampire whose human life was restrained, destined for an early end or both by illness blurs the lines differentiating damnation and salvation.
Vampirism does effectively remove the disease. So can it be said that Darla's turn (both times) saved her?
IMO, the unnaturalness of it states that it is a negative but I can also sympathize with the affirmative side.

Now on a different note, your statement here is actually exactly how I see Angel feeling about Cordy's death in the canon, the reason he doesn't become obsessed with resurrecting her despite the A&F reveal that it did cross his mind.
Unlike with Fred or Willow with Buffy, Angel had every reason to believe Cordy was at peace. He watched her get raped in every possible way and sustained by machines.
I don't believe he'd ever justify robbing her peace. Her well-being always came first.

Quote:
I loved his possessiveness and inability to stake her or stay away from her even with his soul. I love (in a sadistic, heartbreaking way) that her telling him she loved him cost him his soul again, essentially damning him.
Indeed, such a heartbreaking moment and in retrospect, it brings to light how there are different levels of pure happiness because a declaration of love has more depth than just a moment of forgetting that he's a damned serial killer.

Quote:
Other things I loved:

Vampire Cordy having acrobatic abilities and a unique fighting stlye bc of human Cordy's cheerleading skills. The Cordy & Dru sisterhood bond. Angelus turning to Acathla only because he thought Cordy was gone.

The Buffy/Spike scenes are so believable too.

Yep. My fave Evil-Cordy/Aus fic by far.
I love the Acathla thing as well and a few additional points:

- Cordy's unique mental enthrallment ability, how it plays to her natural alpha personality.
- The Cordy/Spike exchanges in most of which Spike would taunt her that Buffy held more of Angelus' interest than she did despite his siring Cordy instead of killing her.
- That Cordy fell in love with Angel despite initially not wanting his soul returned and only after that falling in love with Angelus.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 01-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't posted any pretty here in a while

The Angel Rewatch, Angel Rewatch 3.18 “Double or Nothing” (1/?)
Old 01-22-2018, 06:29 PM
Loyal Fan

That's one of the very few good moments there are after WITW.
I love how so few words were used there, words weren't needed, weren't adequate.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 02-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I love this recent vid & great song.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 02-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

It is beautiful. She is one of my favorite Cangel vidders so I am stoked that she still vids them.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 02-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
It is beautiful. She is one of my favorite Cangel vidders so I am stoked that she still vids them.
She has made some good Spuffy vids too.

This one is beautiful.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 02-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Awwww. I've never seen that one.
So precious!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
Awwww. I've never seen that one.
So precious!
That was the first ever Cangel vid she made!

This one.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 02-09-2018 at 12:32 AM
Old 02-10-2018, 12:41 AM
Loyal Fan

OMG that was perfect! I felt like that song was written for them!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 02-11-2018, 12:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Folks, I've made a discovery!

I came across this Muppet 'She Drives Me Crazy' music video and although the picture quality is so bad that it distorts faces, at 2:12, I'm pretty sure that's Charisma!
Cordy took some voice lessons and she gets a " Oh she's wonderful" from Kermit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xwUOA_I84

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread