Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
You are thinking of the infamous 'Angelus tackle' in the episode 2x18 'Killed By Death'.

Buffy is in the cemetery with The Scoobies and Angelus chooses Cordelia specifically (even though Buffy and Cordy were never really close to Angel's knowledge, and that hurting Cordy wouldn't have nearly the same effect on her as killing Willow/Giles/Xander. Plus she is legit the same distance away from Angelus as Willow&Xander. He deliberately picks her ) It is a moment that spawned a lot of great CA fic. Authors usually expound on it, so that's probably why you've seen it come up so much as Angelus 'kidnapping' her. They also like to fill in the blanks and have him whisper all the terrible things he was going to do to her before Buffy's gets him off of Cordy.
That I've seen referenced.
I feel quite embarrassed for my misinterpretation.
Interesting that Cordelia, someone who wouldn't have furthered his agenda caught his interest even just for a moment.

Quote:
Angelus straight up tells Faith he wants to rape her in S4.

4x14
FAITH
(on her hands and knees) Screw you.

ANGELUS
Maybe after. I like my girls to lie still.
That's not straight up telling, it's implying.
Straight up telling would have been something like:

"Oh I plan on raping you, later."

That statement was definitely clear though.
Sorry, I'm a bit of an accuracy cop.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

My Favorites
Old 11-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Absolute Fan

^Thanks for that! They look great standing next to each other, even if I hate that season. CC & DB bringing the pretty

Quote:
That's not straight up telling, it's implying.
Straight up telling would have been something like:

"Oh I plan on raping you, later."

That statement was definitely clear though.
Sorry, I'm a bit of an accuracy cop
He is saying "I am going to violate your corpse after I kill you." I don't think the words could be any clearer tbh. Speaking of implying, though, his use of 'girls' plural implies he has done so before. *shudder*

Quote:
Interesting that Cordelia, someone who wouldn't have furthered his agenda caught his interest even just for a moment.
Exactly!

I like to believe that it means that Angel did have an attraction to Cordelia deep down, even in the beginning. He was just so taken with Buffy and focused on other priorities that it got pushed to the back of his mind.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 11-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Nice. Even when not looking at each other, these two look great together and the chemistry is still palpable.

Quote:
He is saying "I am going to violate your corpse after I kill you." I don't think the words could be any clearer tbh.
As I said, clear, absolutely but not straight up telling.

Quote:
Speaking of implying, though, his use of 'girls' plural implies he has done so before. *shudder*
I don't doubt it at all, we're talking the Scourge of Europe here but the canon allusions are nothing compared to the expansions fanfic authors give it.
That's the entire power of his character and the contrast from Angel, that he likes to get off on his victims' torment.

Quote:
Exactly!

I like to believe that it means that Angel did have an attraction to Cordelia deep down, even in the beginning. He was just so taken with Buffy and focused on other priorities that it got pushed to the back of his mind.
Oh I likey so much! This is my headcanon now.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

More Sunnydale CA

here vampires, vampires

Bonus: Angel's gonna loose his ****:

Old 11-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
More Sunnydale CA

here vampires, vampires

I Sunnydale CA, so little of it but so strong.

Quote:
Bonus: Angel's gonna loose his ****:
I'd love to see the bloodbath that this leads to! I hate triangles but Jealous!Angel particularly considering it's Spike, would be so HOT!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love all the Sunnydale CA fanart!!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'd love to see the bloodbath that this leads to! I hate triangles but Jealous!Angel particularly considering it's Spike, would be so HOT!
I wouldn't want romantic-Spordelia. But I love when CA fic has Cordy and Spike become good friends and Angel acts all OTT and jealous

Old 11-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't want romantic-Spordelia. But I love when CA fic has Cordy and Spike become good friends and Angel acts all OTT and jealous
Agreed. No romantic S/C.
On an intimate level, they're not a fit but a friendship would have had substance.

I feel potential C/A/S team dynamic in the 'You're Welcome' zombie scene (side note: I HATE that that is the only real Cordelia fight scene there is, she could kick ass with the moves and agileness of a slayer!) and I could see Spike developing a crush on Cordelia resulting from the champion coaching she'd no doubt end up giving him as she did Angel or at the very least a physical attraction.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Agreed. No romantic S/C.
On an intimate level, they're not a fit but a friendship would have had substance.
Dock has some fun Spordelia friendship CA fics.
Quote:
(side note: I HATE that that is the only real Cordelia fight scene there is, she could kick ass with the moves and agileness of a slayer!)
Yes! The ironic thing is that Cordy was actually the most athletic one out of all the scoobies with her cheerleading and extracurriculars, and when she did finally get trained how to properly fight, we barely got to see it.

Lysa has a good Vamp Cordy fic where she's a really skilled fighter because all her cheerleading acrobatics came as a bonus on top of the vamp package.

Quote:
and I could see Spike developing a crush on Cordelia resulting from the champion coaching she'd no doubt end up giving him as she did Angel or at the very least a physical attraction.
It's canon Spike thinks Cordy is a hottie. Then again, who can blame him. CC is unreal.

Cordelia and Doyle run in behind Angel.
Spike slowly gets back to his feet: “Cordelia. You look smashing. Did you lose weight?”
Cordy: “Yes, there is this great gym at - hey!”
Spike to Angel: “I’ll get that ring. This isn’t over until one of us is a pile of dust, mate.” Runs off.
Cordy to Angel: “Are you okay?”

Old 11-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Yes! The ironic thing is that Cordy was actually the most athletic one out of all the scoobies with her cheerleading and extracurriculars, and when she did finally get trained how to properly fight, we barely got to see it.
Exactly.

Her cheerleading giving her an advantage reminds me of this:

Angel: Go team.
The last time Angel will ever underestimate cheerleading.

Quote:
Lysa has a good Vamp Cordy fic where she's a really skilled fighter because all her cheerleading acrobatics came as a bonus on top of the vamp package.
Intriguing, what fic?

Quote:
It's canon Spike thinks Cordy is a hottie. Then again, who can blame him. CC is unreal.

Cordelia and Doyle run in behind Angel.
Spike slowly gets back to his feet: “Cordelia. You look smashing. Did you lose weight?”
Cordy: “Yes, there is this great gym at - hey!”
Spike to Angel: “I’ll get that ring. This isn’t over until one of us is a pile of dust, mate.” Runs off.
Cordy to Angel: “Are you okay?”
Haha nice. That's quite subtle especially for Spike but nonetheless adequately illustrates the point.

CC is gorgeous for sure just as DB is and today both look to have barely aged since 2004 (the last year of Angel).
I might go as far as to say that I have a girl crush on CC.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-13-2017, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't see any romantic chem. between JM & CC but they were funny together in what little they had on ATS.

Angel jealous over a Spordy friendship would be great.

That gif of Spike watching Cordy dance looks so real!

Angel teaching Cordy to fight was such a fun scene above.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I didn't see any romantic chem. between JM & CC but they were funny together in what little they had on ATS.
Agreed, I didn't feel their Supernatural marriage although individually both actors did a good job.

Quote:
Angel jealous over a Spordy friendship would be great.

Yeah, that's a triangle I would have enjoyed.

Quote:
That gif of Spike watching Cordy dance looks so real!
IKR, there is also one of Angel jealously watching her dance with another guy and it looks just as authentic.
I didn't save it.
Straws has it though.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that's a triangle I would have enjoyed.
Right?! because it's not a real triangle. It's just Angel being his usual dorky overly-protective-of-Cordy self. And Cordy would always call him out on his ****.

Plus Cordy & Spike could bond over both having tickets to the drama of the old BA show

Quote:
Her cheerleading giving her an advantage reminds me of this:
When he's trying to be a tough guy: "I'm a vampire you can't hurt me."
to "Am I swelling?"

Quote:
Intriguing, what fic?
Title: Promise of the Night
Author: Lysa
just fic

As always, Lysa's writing delivers. A warning however, that this is a soulless Angelus & Cordelia fic and Lysa does not pull her punches. There are disturbing scenes and a lot of major character deaths. That being said, if you're in the mood for a dark CA fic, this hits the spot.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Right?! because it's not a real triangle. It's just Angel being his usual dorky overly-protective-of-Cordy self. And Cordy would always call him out on his ****.
Precisely, like in 'Bachelor Party' when he gave Pirce, her date the dad routine.

Quote:
When he's trying to be a tough guy: "I'm a vampire you can't hurt me."
to "Am I swelling?"
Angel's tough guy act is adorbs.
Cordy punches him and he acts fine but then turns away from her and cringes in pain.
Gah, there's a GIF set of it, I shared it in an older thread but I didn't save it.

Quote:
Title: Promise of the Night
Author: Lysa
just fic

As always, Lysa's writing delivers. A warning however, that this is a soulless Angelus & Cordelia fic and Lysa does not pull her punches. There are disturbing scenes and a lot of major character deaths. That being said, if you're in the mood for a dark CA fic, this hits the spot.
I'd expect no less from a fic in which Cordy is a vamp.
Since she'd have no soul and thus be evil, it makes the most sense to pair her with Angelus.
I'll check it out.

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread