Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That's one of my gifsets
I post your gifsets a lot. I love your Tumblr.
Quote:
Gotta watch that figure Angel!
lmao.

Quote:
Indeed and if you pay attention, he got pretty far BELOW the bellybutton before the stupid drama mask henchmen interfered!
He's a cunning linguist

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 12-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)

Geez Angel don't be such a woman!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 12-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Cordy/Angel + parallels
#for two people who hate loneliness so much it's #such a good thing they found each other in LA #*ignores season 4 canon*
here vampires, vampires

Old 12-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Sorry for the dp, I accidentally hit post too early.

Quote:
CG, however, wasn't remotely on even ground with BA.

Angel had no necessity to consider Cordelia's feelings for him during BA anymore than you need to consider if the person sitting next to you in a theater enjoyed the film or performance. AC barely knew each other nevermind weren't close and Cordelia's feelings weren't even serious. It was a teenage crush and as genuinely desirable as he no doubt was to her, her need for his attention was primarily to rival Buffy's desirability to him.
Angel also truly loved Buffy.
I meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted. Heh.

C/G are 500,000% not on the same level as BA.

And IA that Angel owed Cordelia nothing in BTVS and wasn't ~betraying~ her or whatever, by being all about Buffy.

But I do think Cordy's front row ticket to THE BA CHRONICLES was a huge reason why she was later so oblivious to Angel's feelings for her. His love for Buffy had been hammered into her head so long that she effectively sealed off her attraction to him and locked him away in a vault in her mind labeled 'Buffy's Angel' and 'Friend'.

Re: Halloween
Cordelia: Hello?! It felt like I was talking, my lips were moving
and...
Xander: (shakes his head). Give it up, Cordy. You're never gonna get
between those two. Believe me, I know.

So I think it makes perfect sense that Angel realized his romantic feelings for her before she did for him. Not to mention how much he'd hurt her when he'd fired them all during his beige period. Cordy was probably so scared and vulnerable just to let him in again as a friend, let alone as more.

Long story short, the salty & petty Cordy fan in me had no problem watching Angel be jealous and be on the outskirts for once. A lot of it was, unintentionally, a result of his own making.

On a lighter note, can you imagine if Cordy caught Angel like this?

Old 12-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

But I do think Cordy's front row ticket to THE BA CHRONICLES was a huge reason why she was later so oblivious to Angel's feelings for her. His love for Buffy had been hammered into her head so long that she effectively sealed off her attraction to him and locked him away in a vault in her mind labeled 'Buffy's Angel' and 'Friend'.

Re: Halloween
Cordelia: Hello?! It felt like I was talking, my lips were moving
and...
Xander: (shakes his head). Give it up, Cordy. You're never gonna get
between those two. Believe me, I know.

So I think it makes perfect sense that Angel realized his romantic feelings for her before she did for him. Not to mention how much he'd hurt her when he'd fired them all during his beige period. Cordy was probably so scared and vulnerable just to let him in again as a friend, let alone as more.

Long story short, the salty & petty Cordy fan in me had no problem watching Angel be jealous and be on the outskirts for once. A lot of it was, unintentionally, a result of his own making.
I concur regarding the effect BA had on Cordelia but again, that wasn't Angel's problem, it was no fault of his. We agreed that he didn't wrong her with Buffy so how was his getting tit-for-tat valid? She was actually the wrong-doer, advancing on a man she knew was unavailable. Her attraction was superficial anyway.

Hell, Cordelia didn't wrong Angel with Groo either in the sense that she was legitimately single and had a right to be with whomever she wanted. She just wasn't considerate and properly let Angel down.

Quote:
On a lighter note, can you imagine if Cordy caught Angel like this?

OMG, have you watched Bones and the episode that scene is from? It gets better!
Brennan barges in on him that way and while in the heat of an argument, he thoughtlessly stands up to meet her gaze.

Cordelia would NOT have been able to maintain comfortable composure the way Brennan did (and Brennan is human, her eyes did dip). She'd have reacted somewhat like she did to the dressing room at the ballet. RUN!.

(Side Note: The beer hat is ridiculous but hardly mars the beauty of that man )

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 12-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

This may sound really stupid but I read the blurb about double or nothing fanfic with angelus being a seperate enityand is it sorta like Angel during the twilight arc isn't it?
Old 12-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithUrbanfan (View Post)
This may sound really stupid but I read the blurb about double or nothing fanfic with angelus being a seperate enityand is it sorta like Angel during the twilight arc isn't it?
I'm afraid I have no idea. I've not read the Angel/twilight stuff and don't intend to. I've heard terrible things.
The 'Double or Nothing' fic though is bittersweet and amazing. It made me cry and text has never done that before.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 12-24-2017, 10:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I concur regarding the effect BA had on Cordelia but again, that wasn't Angel's problem, it was no fault of his. We agreed that he didn't wrong her with Buffy so how was his getting tit-for-tat valid? She was actually the wrong-doer, advancing on a man she knew was unavailable. Her attraction was superficial anyway.

Hell, Cordelia didn't wrong Angel with Groo either in the sense that she was legitimately single and had a right to be with whomever she wanted.
I don't know what you want me to say? I never said Cordy or Angel did anything wrong. I didn't say it was logical or rational, either, just that I enjoyed jealous pinning Angel. Sue me lol.
Quote:
OMG, have you watched Bones and the episode that scene is from? It gets better!
Brennan barges in on him that way and while in the heat of an argument, he thoughtlessly stands up to meet her gaze.

Cordelia would NOT have been able to maintain comfortable composure the way Brennan did (and Brennan is human, her eyes did dip). She'd have reacted somewhat like she did to the dressing room at the ballet. RUN!.
Cordelia would've been like: "....OKAY. So, not a eunuch. I'll just -- I'll be leaving now." *runs*

Also, I haven't seen that Bones episode. I watched the first 4 seasons of Bones sometime back and enjoyed them but got too busy and fell out of watching. The entire series is on Netflix now so I'll prob do a binge watch when I get time. I miss DB on my TV and I remember liking Emily Deschanel a lot.

Quote:
No way. Also, DON spoiler:
Spoiler:
I recently read the Twilight arc and it is only comparable to DON in the broadest sense--that a 'higher power' is manipulating Angel's destiny. In DON, this is done in a way that doesn't destroy the characters I love (like Angel "if nothing we do matters then all that matters is what we do" would really be fine killing an entire planet full of people to give birth to a new one...#bye season 8) and by the end of the fic, Cordy and Angel are very much the LA versions of themselves I had come to love. Honestly, it's one of my fave fics and I've read it probably 4-5 times in the last 10 years.

Also, welcome to the thread

Old 12-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't know what you want me to say? I never said Cordy or Angel did anything wrong. I didn't say it was logical or rational, either, just that I enjoyed jealous pinning Angel. Sue me lol.
Oh crap. It seems I went into a form of my literal mode in which my ability to recognize irrational principle is shut down. I apologize to the moon and back.
I had absolutely no intention to scrutinize.
I do understand and appreciate your principle--greatly.

I am capable of irrational thought, you should spend a day up in my head with my ridiculous Cangel fantasies. I.E that they conceive a daughter together (I've got more than one version too, one with Connor and the others without).

Quote:
Cordelia would've been like: "....OKAY. So, not a eunuch. I'll just -- I'll be leaving now." *runs*
Oh, so he'd be hard when she walked in on him? NICE! EVEN BETTER!
I imagine she'd have to -- be naughty -- alone after seeing that!
Though perhaps I've read too many NC-17 fanfics.

Quote:
Also, I haven't seen that Bones episode. I watched the first 4 seasons of Bones sometime back and enjoyed them but got too busy and fell out of watching. The entire series is on Netflix now so I'll prob do a binge watch when I get time. I miss DB on my TV and I remember liking Emily Deschanel a lot.
The Booth/Brennan relationship is wonderful, it has a lot of similar chemistry to Cangel and just wait until you get to when they become an official couple!
(and DB still looks so effing good, even now in his new show Seal Team. )

Quote:
No way. Also, DON spoiler:
Spoiler:

I recently read the Twilight arc and it is only comparable to DON in the broadest sense--that a 'higher power' is manipulating Angel's destiny.
So that's how to do a spoiler tag! Usually, it's [spoiler][/spoiler] so when I once tried that, ironically for a DON review post and it didn't work, I assumed FF must not have them. See who's really the stupid one KiethUrbanFan?

And indeed, welcome.

Allow me to expand a little on Straws' assessment. Essentially, as she alluded, DON is kind of the other side of the coin but just in the most basic sense.

Spoiler:

I can't help considering Cordelia watching over him from the higher plane. She'd disowned his ass when he went beige. What were her thoughts on this? Could she still believe in him after this? Could his quest with Faith have been enough to restore her -- well faith in him?

How the Fates handled him in DON was no dispute rape in its own right of both Angel and Cordelia, she too was a patch in their literal grand tapestry and even the PTB did not approve of their interferences (We know from the canon that the PTBs prefer not to interfere, the clearest illustrations were two particularly divine exceptions, the time reverse in IWRY and the inconspicous nature of Cordelia's astral presence in 'You're Wecome'), but it was all for the right cause and still achieved the mutually desired result.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 12-24-2017 at 04:30 PM
Old 12-24-2017, 05:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I do understand and appreciate your principle--greatly.

I am capable of irrational thought, you should spend a day up in my head with my ridiculous Cangel fantasies. I.E that they conceive a daughter together (I've got more than one version too, one with Connor and the others without).
It's no problem.

On that last note, I love how much fluffy family fic we get with CA because of baby Conner. I love ignoring canon and pretending he stayed a wee lil babe forever.

I saw a post on Tumblr the other day that said, had Conner not been trapped on Quor'toth, he'd be entering High School right about now. Can you imagine Conner part of gen x with his Instagram, selfies, and Iphone? Angel better learn how to deal with his old flip phone quick.
Quote:
The Booth/Brennan relationship is wonderful, it has a lot of similar chemistry to Cangel and just wait until you get to when they become an official couple!
(and DB still looks so effing good, even now in his new show Seal Team. )
DB will always be a hottie.
There's one specific Bones episode that sticks out in my mind where Brennan was buried in a car alive. Such an amazing episode. THE FEELS between B&B.
Quote:
Oh, so he'd be hard when she walked in on him? NICE! EVEN BETTER!
I imagine she'd have to -- be naughty -- alone after seeing that!
Though perhaps I've read too many NC-17 fanfics.

I definitely feel like I've read this fanfic too.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's no problem.

On that last note, I love how much fluffy family fic we get with CA because of baby Conner. I love ignoring canon and pretending he stayed a wee lil babe forever.
I've read some fanfics with very squishy AC/Baby Connor family dynamics.
In one baby Connor called Cordy 'mama'.
I can believe he would have in the canon had he not been kidnapped.

Quote:
I saw a post on Tumblr the other day that said, had Conner not been trapped on Quor'toth, he'd be entering High School right about now. Can you imagine Conner part of gen x with his Instagram, selfies, and Iphone? Angel better learn how to deal with his old flip phone quick.
I read one fanfic that has a scene where Angel explains to Cordelia how he'd recently learned the elementary concept of cooties from like a six or something-year-old Connor.
Social media would totally make his head explode.

Quote:
DB will always be a hottie.
There's one specific Bones episode that sticks out in my mind where Brennan was buried in a car alive. Such an amazing episode. THE FEELS between B&B.
YES! That's one of my favorite episodes!
Remember how Hodgins suggested she write a letter to someone as he had to Angela in case they didn't make it?
Spoiler:

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 12-25-2017, 06:56 AM
Absolute Fan

I will be back with a proper reply later, just wanted to quickly say Happy Holidays CA fans!

Old 12-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Merry Cangel Christmas!
I couldn't find an image but I have a good Cangel Christmas fic rec:

Mistletoe Mansion

A wish under some magic mistletoe goes a little amiss and sends AtS season 3 Angel and Cordelia who are a couple back to Christmas 1998 (the 'Amends' Christmas) and they must figure out how to spend Christmas together inconspicuously to not screw up the past.

It's fantastic!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 12-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I've read some fanfics with very squishy AC/Baby Connor family dynamics.
In one baby Connor called Cordy 'mama'.
I can believe he would have in the canon had he not been kidnapped.
I love the Conner calling Cordy 'mama' trope and ia but
knowing Joss he probably would've had Conner call Fred mama, lbr.

Quote:
I read one fanfic that has a scene where Angel explains to Cordelia how he'd recently learned the elementary concept of cooties from like a six or something-year-old Connor.
Social media would totally make his head explode.
That reminds me of a fic I read where Cordelia was teasing Angel and asking him if vampirism was just the ultimate form of cooties

Angel finding Conner's Facebook:
Conner changed his status to 'Ugh, nobody knows how hard it is to have an undead dad. I hate my life.'

Thanks for that rec I have one too.

Thaw by Dazzle
Summary: "Amnesia is an ugly, ugly thing." Cordelia's attempt to recapture her memory has dramatic consequences -- first for Angel, then for the rest of the world.
Rating: NC-17
Author Notes: Thanks to Inamorata and Melissa Flores for the great beta-reading and encouragement.
Story Notes: The following story is an AU -- alternate universe. That said, reality changed at a specific point, for a specific reason, and all this is revealed within the story. I've tried to extrapolate from the changed moment as accurately as possible, and I hope you like the answers I've come up with. The story takes place both in another universe and in the aftermath of the ATS Season Four episode "Slouching Toward Bethlehem."

I can't remember the last time I loved a CA fic this much. Not only did it feature CA and write them both beautifully, but it also paid attention to the other members of the Fang Gang too. It gave me feels I didn't know I needed. And the grammar was incredible...which is rare to say when concerning fic.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I love the Conner calling Cordy 'mama' trope and ia but
knowing Joss he probably would've had Conner call Fred mama, lbr.
That actually wouldn't surprise me now.

Quote:
That reminds me of a fic I read where Cordelia was teasing Angel and asking him if vampirism was just the ultimate form of cooties
I don't know about that logically but it's so very Cordy.

Quote:

Angel finding Conner's Facebook:
Conner changed his status to 'Ugh, nobody knows how hard it is to have an undead dad. I hate my life.'
Connor Angel has updated his status:
"OMG I have the lamest dad on the planet! He is so 1750's! Courting, not a thing anymore and what the hell is a wench?!"

Quote:
Thanks for that rec I have one too.

Thaw by Dazzle
Summary: "Amnesia is an ugly, ugly thing." Cordelia's attempt to recapture her memory has dramatic consequences -- first for Angel, then for the rest of the world.
Rating: NC-17
Author Notes: Thanks to Inamorata and Melissa Flores for the great beta-reading and encouragement.
Story Notes: The following story is an AU -- alternate universe. That said, reality changed at a specific point, for a specific reason, and all this is revealed within the story. I've tried to extrapolate from the changed moment as accurately as possible, and I hope you like the answers I've come up with. The story takes place both in another universe and in the aftermath of the ATS Season Four episode "Slouching Toward Bethlehem."

I can't remember the last time I loved a CA fic this much. Not only did it feature CA and write them both beautifully, but it also paid attention to the other members of the Fang Gang too. It gave me feels I didn't know I needed. And the grammar was incredible...which is rare to say when concerning fic.
Thanx. I'll check it out once I'm finished with another fic I'm working on but I'm a little uncomfortable with the premise that it's an amnesia!Cordy fic.

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread