Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
They had a few good hugs, I love the one in Birthday when she wakes up
"I thought I lost you."
"Oh Angel."

I'm willing to bet while he was relieved that she was alright, she was relieved that HE was after the way she found him in the 'what-if'-verse.

Quote:
Some more love

slow down, little lady

Love it! Perfect moments were chosen to represent one of the best lines!

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I purchased a collection of shooting scripts for some Angel episodes. One of the shooting scripts was for "City Of", and I thought I'd post the scene of Angel and Cordy meeting at the party as it appeared in the script. There are bits of it that didn't make it into the episode.

He rounds a corner to see CORDELIA talking to a couple of young suits.

CORDELIA
Oh, Calloway is a pig! I won't even read for him anymore. How do you think Alexis got the part? Oh, please. There's a short walk between acting and faking. Anyway she's way too old. It should be someone fresh, you know, like a young Natalie Portman.

ANGEL
Cordelia.

She looks over at Angel. Clearly shocked to see him.

CORDELIA
Oh my God! Angel.

The suits drift away as she crosses to Angel. She clearly would rather be with them, but...

ANGEL
It's nice to see a familiar face.

CORDELIA
I didn't know you were in L.A. Are you living here?

ANGEL
Yeah. You?

CORDELIA
Malibu. Little condo on the beach. It's not a private beach, but I'm young, so I forebear.

ANGEL
And you're acting?

CORDELIA
Can you believe it? I just started it as a way to make some quick cash and then -- boom. It's my life. Lotta work. I'm just trying to keep grounded, not let it go to my head.

Awkward pause.

CORDELIA (cont'd)
So, are you still...
(makes claws and fangs)
...Grrrr...?

ANGEL
Yeah. There's not actually a cure for that.

CORDELIA
Right. But you're not evil, you're not here to... you know, bite people...

ANGEL
Just gave a friend a ride.

CORDELIA
Good. Isn't this a great party?

ANGEL
(not really)
Fabulous.

CORDELIA
So, who do you know?
(off his look)
Who do you know here? Somebody?

ANGEL
Just Tina. This isn't exactly my scene.

CORDELIA
Well, yeah, you're the only vampire here.

ANGEL
I kind of doubt that.

CORDELIA
Well, I better get mingly; I really should be talking to the people who are somebody. But it was fun!

She leaves. Angel watches her, says to no one:

ANGEL
It's nice that she's grown as a person.
FuriosityShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Aww I liked the Tina/ "the only vampire here" bit of the conversation.
I'm surprised Cordy didn't blurt out "You're dating again already? Wow!"

What other episodes do you have?

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 03-22-2016, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Cordy asking what a great party it was
Old 03-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

"You're the only vampire here."
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I remember in another cut line, Cordy said to Russell Winters in an effort to charm him and keep from panicking, "one of my dearest friends is a vamp -- or would you prefer 'night person'?"

The scriptbook collection includes "City Of", "In the Dark", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Waiting in the Wings", "Spin the Bottle", "Conviction", "You're Welcome", "Smile Time", "A Hole in the World" and "Not Fade Away". "City Of" is the only one I've fully read. I've skimmed through some of the others. When I get the time to fully read them, I'll post any deleted Angel/Cordy exchanges if there are any. I'm especially looking forward to any deleted bits involving them in the "Waiting in the Wings", "Spin the Bottle" and "You're Welcome" scripts.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Thank you, we really appreciate it!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
"You're the only vampire here."
"I kind of doubt that"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
I remember in another cut line, Cordy said to Russell Winters in an effort to charm him and keep from panicking, "one of my dearest friends is a vamp -- or would you prefer 'night person'?"
Hmm, to call Angel her dearest friend back then, I kinda want to say she was romanticizing like she did about her so called successful acting career but in any case, I love that line. It's a beautiful parallel to later in the series when Angel calls her his dearest friend. I don't recall the episode let alone the exact line but it was something like:
"All I know is you are my dearest friend, I want that back"
I'm pretty sure it was in season 4 during her amnesia.

On the other hand, I believe it was wise to cut that out because it kind of gives the wrong message, that Cordelia thought being a vamp-ally would spare her from danger and that she still had interest in Russell. Although she was known in BTVS for attempting to appeal to the foe to spare her, she's way too smart and self-respecting to let herself be seen that way.

It also doesn't fit because she'd stood up to vampire before. Remember Lyle Gorch in 'Homecoming'? She wouldn't even let Angelus off the hook just because his souled persona was her friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
The scriptbook collection includes "City Of", "In the Dark", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Waiting in the Wings", "Spin the Bottle", "Conviction", "You're Welcome", "Smile Time", "A Hole in the World" and "Not Fade Away". "City Of" is the only one I've fully read. I've skimmed through some of the others. When I get the time to fully read them, I'll post any deleted Angel/Cordy exchanges if there are any. I'm especially looking forward to any deleted bits involving them in the "Waiting in the Wings", "Spin the Bottle" and "You're Welcome" scripts.
I'm totally anxious to know about deleted Cangel dialogue in 'Waiting in the Wings' and 'You're Welcome'. 'Spin the Bottle' would be interesting too since it's technically Liam. Hmm, did Cordy and "Liam" even have any scenes together in that episode? Other than the de ja vu bit where she once again says "Hello Salty Goodness" upon first seeing him? LOL.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 03-22-2016 at 02:11 PM
Old 03-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They go exploring together & she's kinda waiting for him to make a move & that's when he realizes he's a vampire
Old 03-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
[I]Hmm, to call Angel her dearest friend back then, I kinda want to say she was romanticizing like she did about her so called successful acting career but in any case, I love that line. It's a beautiful parallel to later in the series when Angel calls her his dearest friend. I don't recall the episode let alone the exact line but it was something like:
"All I know is you are my dearest friend, I want that back"
I'm pretty sure it was in season 4 during her amnesia.

On the other hand, I believe it was wise to cut that out because it kind of gives the wrong message, that Cordelia thought being a vamp-ally would spare her from danger and that she still had interest in Russell. Although she was known in BTVS for attempting to appeal to the foe to spare her, she's way too smart and self-respecting to let herself be seen that way.

It also doesn't fit because she'd stood up to vampire before. Remember Lyle Gorch in 'Homecoming'? She wouldn't even let Angelus off the hook just because his souled persona was her friend.
I feel like calling Angel "her dearest friend" was really a way for her to charm Russell in order for him to spare her life. I always got the impression she was a bit indifferent to Angel until he saved her life, so I think she was simply trying to butter Russell up in self-preservation. While Cordy does have the backbone to stand up to vampires, I understand her not standing up to Russell. The scene at his mansion was one of Cordy's lowest points ever, just as low as, and perhaps even lower than her scenes in "Rm w/a Vu". When she says "What do you want me to do?" to Russell, I got the impression that she had sunk so low she was willing to essentially be his prostitute because she felt she had no other choice. Plus, Buffy had inspired her to have the confidence to stand up to Lyle Gorch in "Homecoming" and months of working with Angel and fighting evil had given her the confidence to stand up to Angelus in "Eternity". But in "City Of", she was completely alone (or so she thought, she didn't know Angel was on his way) just as she had been for the past few months, so of course she had less courage and motivation to tell him in Cordy-fashion. But props to Charisma in that scene, she showed a lot of range. It's not easy to go from "I'm at my lowest point and I'm essentially agreeing to sell myself" to comedic "Hey, you're a vampire!" banter all in one scene and she handled it so well.

[/QUOTE]I'm totally anxious to know about deleted Cangel dialogue in 'Waiting in the Wings' and 'You're Welcome'. 'Spin the Bottle' would be interesting too since it's technically Liam. Hmm, did Cordy and "Liam" even have any scenes together in that episode? Other than the de ja vu bit where she once again says "Hello Salty Goodness" upon first seeing him? LOL.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, there were plenty of Cordy/Liam interactions in "Spin the Bottle", which is one of my favorite episodes. I understand AtS S4 isn't exactly popular around here, but I do feel like people should give that episode more attention. It doesn't have many of the elements that turn people off to the season in it, and it's like the only episode in the season where she see the real Cordelia, even though she's Cordelia from BtVS S1. That quote of Angel calling her his dearest friend is from STP. Their interactions were fun. Teenage!Cordy is shameless, and constantly made passes at him, even going out of her way trying to be alone with him. She was the one who set off his vampire trigger because he was so attracted to her. One of my favorite parts of the episode is when he first discovers he's a vampire and constantly morphs in and out of vampface while Cordy is listening at the door, and thinking he's masturbating. And when he was outed as a vampire and everyone turned on him, Cordy was the one he went after.

LIAM: You know, you were so into me before. Now I can't even get a little kiss.
(He sees her hiding in a corner)
LIAM: I see you.
(Cordy tries to run out of the corner and make it towards the door, but he catches her)
LIAM: I seem to be strong and faster too.
CORDY: Yeah, well I've got a superpower of my own, hotshot.
(She screams extremely loudly and for a long amount of time)
LIAM: Wow, that really is inhuman.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thank you, we really appreciate it!
Whoops, didn't see this comment at first! You're welcome!
Old 03-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I'd forgotten how she felt at rock bottom in "City of".

LOL the masturbating thing and "Wow, that really is inhuman" in STB!
I may have to watch that one again. No, I'm not a fan of season 4, but it does have it's episodes worth watching and this was one of them.

Source: Angelinvestigations.tumblr.com

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 03-23-2016 at 04:55 PM
Old 03-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aww, love that picspam
Old 03-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Extreme Fan

One of the very few mentions Cordy gets in season 5.

Crawled inside and used her up. No way in hell I'm letting that happen again!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 03-23-2016, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That was so heartbreaking