Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Awww I'm not really sure that fits together but the idea is sweet...and heartbreaking.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not quite sure it fits either, but it's still very sad
Old 06-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Extreme Fan

How about something funny now then?

2x10 The Shroud of Rahmon

Wes's face.

It's kinda sweet though, Cordy had been freaking over a stain on her shirt and for Angel to ignore that and comment on her hair (even if it was two weeks late haha) was like a statement that all he sees is how beautiful she is and nothing can taint that.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 06-30-2015 at 04:01 PM
Old 07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wesley trying to act like he'd noticed all along, when he'd been just as clueless as Angel
Old 07-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Exactly, and Cordy knows it the way she glances behind her towards where he's standing.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 07-01-2015 at 12:54 PM
Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Extreme Fan

This illustrates why Cordy was so perfect for Angel, she had more faith in him than anyone but not without a necessary level of caution, something he appreciated and found security in.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-02-2015, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked Cordy's hair best long.

She believed in him when nobody else did.

I'm talking about her last episode.

Cordy did always believe in Angel.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Extreme Fan

I as well liked her hair best long, after her season one hair her best was ironically the last we see, 'You're Welcome'.
Well...actually her 'Birthday' hair was nice too, in fact, her hair in the alternate reality if just a tad longer would have been nearly the exact same hair as in 'You're Welcome'.

What is most amazing about how much she believed in Angel is that it came so naturally. Initially she didn't really have anything to go by, she just did and that was exactly the reason she started seeing him do heroic things. He became a hero because she believed he was one even when he wasn't yet.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 07-02-2015 at 09:53 AM
Old 07-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Extreme Fan

I picked up on a couple of interesting parallels between 'Tomorrow'/'Deep Down' and 'You're Welcome'.

The one on the left is questionable but it kinda fits, she said she couldn't leave without telling Angel that she loved him and one of the last things she did before she left earth was kiss him. That's pretty much expressing love even if she never said it (which was messed up, she started to earlier in the episode and I can't figure out why she copped out).
On the right we see that Angel actually ended up getting a small piece of his Cordy fantasies.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 07-02-2015 at 07:31 PM
Old 07-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never understood why she halted herself from saying "the man that I love" in You're Welcome. Would it have killed Joss to let us hear it just once? All I can think of is saying it out loud would have made it absolutely real, and it was too painful for her to deal with, knowing that she couldn't stay.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

The line was "That's the man I fell in--um--that I knew." .
While I feel like part of it was Whedon being a dick since he had his idiotic childish grudge with Cordy/Charisma but you make a valid point. She probably felt that it would give her return a false sense of permanence to essentially start something new with him when she knew that was their last day together. That she'd be unable to let go of him and that in a way it would be misleading him which would make losing her that much more painful for him.

She does in a way end up saying it when she says "Boy I really do fall for the dumb ones" but that still isn't the direct words.

While I would completely condone this reasoning, I as well still feel robbed that we didn't get to hear them say the words to each other. Sometimes it's nice to hear it even if you know you don't need to.

On the subject of 'You're Welcome', last night I came across this really sweet tidbit while googling about Cordy's role actually continuing in the canon comics, at least a little:

"In the canonical comic book continuation of the television series Cordelia appears in the twelfth issue (Her presence also is hinted in the ninth issue) as a guide to Angel in his dying moments; it's revealed she serves as a higher power now. Cordelia also appears in a dream sequence within the twentieth issue of Buffy's canonical continuation."

Awww, Cordy has always been Angel's guardian angel but after she dies she becomes it LITERALLY, how precious is that?!

Source: Cordelia (Character) - Comic Vine

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-05-2015, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
While I would completely condone this reasoning, I as well still feel robbed that we didn't get to hear them say the words to each other. Sometimes it's nice to hear it even if you know you don't need to.
I agree. We didn't really NEED to hear it, it was made very clear IMO. But it would still have been very nice to hear it, just once.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Extreme Fan

It was definitely made more than clear.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

This art!

This is one of the strongest Cangel moments in the series, when the first thing she does when he returns from those three months in Shri Lanka is throw herself in his arms and he smiles as he holds her like being near her again suddenly made sense of everything and made it right again.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's one of my favourite scenes, when watching that episode I often replay it a good few times before carrying on. His face says it all, he sees her and he's home.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread