Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

She really was.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

More pretty

a cacophony of mediocrity
Old 05-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Beautiful art.

I'm meh on "Birthday", but I loved the picture from it on there. She looks wonderful. "All that matters is what we do" is a quote I've always loved. Despite his epiphany, I always thought Angel strayed from that later on, but that is a quote that Cordy ALWAYS lived by.

Another favorite quote of mine is from Cordy herself: "We take what we can get champ, and we do our best with it."
Old 05-18-2016, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think both those quotes capture what Angel is about perfectly, I know that some people don't like how the show ended & that Cordy died, but these characters weren't about doing good things to get a happy ending - they fought because that's the kind of people they chose to be. They fought knowing that things would never change & that they could never win
Old 05-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like the AtS finale, but I do have problems with things that Angel does. Killing Drogyn, telling Lorne to kill Lindsey are actions that I don't agree with and I don't think they are in line with the epiphany he had in S2. "Home" showed Angel mindwiping Connor was an action I was never fond of and it was essentially the exact thing he told Jasmine it was wrong to do an episode prior. I love Angel, but he did have a tendency to regress and go back on his epiphanies if he was in a dark spot. But I do think NFA did a great job of honoring that "if nothing we do matters, then all that matters we do" through Gunn and his scene with Anne. I do understand why people wouldn't like "Not Fade Away" but between the Gunn/Anne scene, the Angel/Connor scenes, the Wesley/Illyria scenes and the final scene, I can't help but love it.

Back to Cordy: I love the fact that she used her last day on earth in "You're Welcome" to help Angel and sacrificed her remaining energy to the sole mission of getting him back on track is very selfless and one of the most heroic acts in both shows.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh yeah, I hated that he killed Drogyn, he seemed like he could have been a real asset NFA isn't perfect by any means, but I think the overall message worked

& I do too - that's what makes her a true champion She wanted one last day, & she used it to help the helpless one last time
Old 05-19-2016, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah too bad Drogyn died.
But I was more sad that Cordy never really woke up after she gave birth to that Jasmine...
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-20-2016, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Techinically she didn't, but in a way she kinda did. It was still much better then Angel just getting the call she had died, at least we got to see her again & she could get some closure
Old 05-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

^ Indeed. One of the few things that was really good towards the end of the show
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 05-25-2016, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it was definitely one of the staple episodes of the whole show too imo

The Angel Rewatch, Angel Rewatch 3.06 “Billy” (4/?)
Old 05-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was such a good scene.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was definitely one of her most memorable! Loved everything about her in that episode
Old 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

One of Cordelia's very best episodes of either show
Old 05-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, yes. The shot of Cordelia holding a crossbow may be my favorite Cordelia-centric frame throughout all of Buffy and Angel. Well, that and the shot of her snoring at the ballet in "Waiting in the Wings"!
Old 05-28-2016, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Mine would probably be when she told Angel 'you're welcome' at end of her last ep