Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, we'll get it here in the UK sometime this century, if we're lucky!

Quote:
But that whole storyline makes me sick to see over again. Ugh! Just thinking about it is hard.
Word Jenn. I can't watch that storyline without cringing. Definetly one of the worst story arcs ever.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Probably in Jan or Feb

I love that storyline why would you cringe. CC did a fan job

Old 12-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
I love that storyline why would you cringe. CC did a fan job
She did a good job with what she was given. I just hated that storyline because it wasn't Cordelia at all and then it ended with her in a coma. And Joss comes and says thats it.. there is nothing more to tell of her story? I find that to be a joke. But I cringe every time I ever see them make her wear that black dress and those high heals that she wore in Orpheaus. That was horrible.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Oh! Her name was spelled Kyra. It was in the transcript. .
Old 12-18-2004, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl
Oh! Her name was spelled Kyra. It was in the transcript. .
Wow, thats weird. Good to know. Would you think it is spelled like that? The spelling doesn't sound like how they were pronouncing it. But that isn't anything new with people's names.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

That's what I thought too. I thought it would've been the way you had it spelled. Silly show writers.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~
She did a good job with what she was given. I just hated that storyline because it wasn't Cordelia at all and then it ended with her in a coma. And Joss comes and says thats it.. there is nothing more to tell of her story? I find that to be a joke. But I cringe every time I ever see them make her wear that black dress and those high heals that she wore in Orpheaus. That was horrible.
I agree. And even though I hated the Evil Cordy storyline in Season 4 of Angel I thought Charisma did a fantastic job playing evil.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MarstersAngel
I agree. And even though I hated the Evil Cordy storyline in Season 4 of Angel I thought Charisma did a fantastic job playing evil.

She definitely did the best with what she was given. The funny thing is that I love season four. Her storyline and what happened to her is what made me mad. But I thought the writing for everyone else was so well. I just hated that they had to ruin a beloved character.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Season 4 was ok but i just didnt like how they made her evil.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 12-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it wasn't right to make a character who was loved by so many evil like they did and then not give her a chance to redeem herself. Even if it wasn't really Cordelia who did the things she did in season 4. She still deserved the opportunity to have redemption or to show that the real Cordelia isn't evil and didn't do those things.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 4 was a pretty good season in all honesty. But turning Cordelia evil ruined it for me. I couldn't believe that the writers would do such a thing to my favorite character. And for that reason alone Season 4 will always be my least favorite. Mess with my Cordy if you must, but don't expect me to like it!

At lease she finally was able to redeem herself in You're Welcome. It gave fans the chance to remember Cordy for what she really was - an awesome character who was the life and soul of the show. I think David Fury wrote her fantastically and Charisma's acting of the whole episode just blew me away. She was out of this world.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~

At lease she finally was able to redeem herself in You're Welcome. It gave fans the chance to remember Cordy for what she really was - an awesome character who was the life and soul of the show. I think David Fury wrote her fantastically and Charisma's acting of the whole episode just blew me away. She was out of this world.
Thats what I hated the most. She was screwed up for so long that a lot of the fans forgot what an awesome character she was before that. What I mean to say is that she wasn't the "real" Cordelia for about a season and a half. So that gave people a long time to forget her or to hate her. And I loved You're Welcome for its ability to show her as she used to be and to give her fans one last chance to see the greatness that was Cordelia.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I loved You're Welcome for its ability to show her as she used to be and to give her fans one last chance to see the greatness that was Cordelia.
I agree Jenn. I'd say YW was one of my favorite eps of the entire series for that reason alone. We got OUR Cordy back. The real, ass kicking Cordy.

Having her back for that ep reminded me exactly what had been missing in the earlier half of the season. My mother (who is a massive AtS and CC fan btw) once said "David may be the leading man, but Charisma IS Angel. The show is nothing without her"

A truer word was never spoken
Old 12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~
I agree Jenn. I'd say YW was one of my favorite eps of the entire series for that reason alone. We got OUR Cordy back. The real, ass kicking Cordy.

Having her back for that ep reminded me exactly what had been missing in the earlier half of the season. My mother (who is a massive AtS and CC fan btw) once said "David may be the leading man, but Charisma IS Angel. The show is nothing without her"

A truer word was never spoken
I completely agree. There was such a void without her and the only thing that saved the show was Spike. I know that's the only reason I was still interested in watching. I didn't like how they tried to use Harmony to replace Cordy.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't like how they tried to use Harmony to replace Cordy.
Oh don't even start me on how lame that was I like Harmony, but using her as a Cordy replacement? Gimme a break!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread