Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've watched Season Three a lot. It's more like I don't care of Willow's opinion of Faith. Season Six just made her a hypocrite. Buffy could use another gal pal and Willow should have stopped dwelling on Xander.

Yeah, the Scoobies have a right not to trust Faith, but its not like Faith has severe trust issues of her own. The Scoobies had a better upbringing than here.

Faith is my favorite character. Is she your's?
Old 06-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
I've watched Season Three a lot. It's more like I don't care of Willow's opinion of Faith. Season Six just made her a hypocrite. Buffy could use another gal pal and Willow should have stopped dwelling on Xander.

Yeah, the Scoobies have a right not to trust Faith, but its not like Faith has severe trust issues of her own. The Scoobies had a better upbringing than here.

Faith is my favorite character. Is she your's?

I understand not caring for Willow's opinion of Faith, but you just can't be blinding by it because Faith is a favorite. We are discussion Season 3-4... Willow wasn't dark there, the worst thing she did by that time was cheat on Oz. Besides that, there was no reason for Willow to like Faith. If I was Willow, I wouldn't have liked Faith as well... I would see the way she's hurting my best friend and kidnaps me. Nah, I wouldn't have either. If anything, Willow would've been a horrible friend if she approved of Faith after how horrible she was in Season 3 to Buffy and to everybody else who tried to help her. After Faith killed, there was no getting on her good side. The only person who she wanted to be around was the Major... the one who the Scoobbies Gang were going up against.

They did, but it's not Buffy, Giles, Willow, Xander or anybody else fault that they had a better upbringing. It doesn't make what Faith did was right... and it doesn't mean they have to understand all of her choices... cause to be honest, a lot of the time I surely didn't. Angel was the only one who could get her because of the similar paths. He know how it is... but just because Angel was the only one who could understand her, and help her. It doesn't mean that Buffy and everybody else was wrong for giving up on her when all she did was made their life a living hell... more importantly Buffy's life. Of everyone. BUffy had the main reason to not want to associate with Faith after Season 4.

That's why I won't even get into Season 7, when a lot of characters were written out of character. Season 6, a lot of bad things that season as well... especially for Willow who I grew to dislike. Her worst season but we are discussion Season 3-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cats (View Post)
The Scoobies were never going to trust Faith again after she went dark side, and they hated seeing Buffy get hurt.
Faith was fortunate that Angel gave her another chance, even after she hurt his friends.

Agree.
Faith was fortunate... also fortunate Angel finally got a mind of his own and started wanting to save people in Los Angeles. He needed to get away from Buffy for awhile to help Angel... because before that, Angel was sadly not his own person.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I understand Willow being a good friend to Buffy. That is all I can say for her. The whole Xander thing I really don't care for.

I'm not saying what Faith did was alright, I'm just saying that her life was messed up. It's not like Faith had a strong and loyal relationship with the Scoobies since she wasn't really a member of that group. She tried, but it couldn't work for her. Buffy wasn't as perfect with Faith with the whole keeping Angel a secret. Faith isn't Cordelia. Faith, to me started off as more distant to the Scoobies than Cordelia in a psychological level. You will probably disagree with me. I'm just saying Faith had more emotional problems with trust than a preppy high school mean girl. When Cordelia was an actual member, she bonded easier. Faith didn't really bond. To me all it was is Faith's obsession with Buffy's life. Am I making sense here?

Although a part of me ships Fuffy, I can agree with you on Buffy being the one not wanting to associate with Faith before Season Six, but Faith isn't perfect like Buffy.

I think the gang should have been more considerate of Faith's upbringing.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I understand Willow being a good friend to Buffy. That is all I can say for her. The whole Xander thing I really don't care for.

I'm not saying what Faith did was alright, I'm just saying that her life was messed up. It's not like Faith had a strong and loyal relationship with the Scoobies since she wasn't really a member of that group. She tried, but it couldn't work for her. Buffy wasn't as perfect with Faith with the whole keeping Angel a secret. Faith isn't Cordelia. Faith, to me started off as more distant to the Scoobies than Cordelia in a psychological level. You will probably disagree with me. I'm just saying Faith had more emotional problems with trust than a preppy high school mean girl. When Cordelia was an actual member, she bonded easier. Faith didn't really bond. To me all it was is Faith's obsession with Buffy's life. Am I making sense here?

Although a part of me ships Fuffy, I can agree with you on Buffy being the one not wanting to associate with Faith before Season Six, but Faith isn't perfect like Buffy.

I think the gang should have been more considerate of Faith's upbringing.

I agree, I didn't care for the Xander thing as well.

Yeah I agree with you that Faith life wasn't easy, her upbringing was not good but my point of view is that it is difficult for the Scobbies to be more considerate to Faith feelings, when she's working with evil, working with the Major, killing innocent and brushing off any attempt they try to at saving her.

I think both Cordy and Faith didn't bond in equally to the group. Both didn't fit in. With Cordy, she bonded with Xander... and what else? there was really nothing else. She didn't get a family and real friends until she went to Los Angeles. In Sunnydale, life was all about fitting in, she even stated that many times. She just had to be fake and the mean girl to get by.
With Faith, she had so many chances and her main bond was with Buffy but everybody else welcomed her. I remember at first. Xander and Willow was telling Buffy to lighting up on Faith; they found Faith to be a cool person... but her killing and working with the Major just went to a point where no one could really stand by her.

Buffy isn't perfect but Buffy didn't ruin their friendship, that was all Faith. Buffy gave Faith every chance in her heart and she always made Buffy regret doing it.

Angel was just the right person for Faith to bond with because he understood her. He knew her acting out, was a cry for help. He wouldn't allow her to push him away. That was the difference. It didn't matter what Faith did.. it didn't matter if she did kill a few people... he would not give up on her. Faith tortured Wesley and punched Cordy and Angel forgave it easily... if it was reversed and Buffy knew Faith tortured Giles and punched Willow. She'd go after Faith. Angel did opposite on everything. That's what work.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess this is why I ship Fangel. I liked Angel's treatment of her. He was the person who had the right amount of patience for her.

My excuse for Faith is that she was messed up. Yeah, she spat on Buffy, but at least Buffy wouldt get tired of Faith.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's one of the reasons I ship Fangel as well.
Although I don't agree or condone Faith actions towards people during Season 3... and it made me at times difficult to root for her, I love how Angel acted and I believe the first step was Angel looking at things in a fresher view away from Buffy. Leaving Sunnydale worked out for Angel and ironically Faith. He needed sometime to be with Faith alone, and to really understand what Faith was going through.

In Sunnydale, Angel was just to clouded by what Buffy thought that he couldn't do anything from his own perspective.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Faith and Angel are a perfect match. They are my OTP of the shows now. Angel can be free of who he is, they have deep understanding of each other, they will always be on each other's side, and Faith is the most vulnerable to him.

If only they would happen in Season Four in AtS instead of Cangel in Season Three.

Even though I'm against real life serial killers, I can sympathize with her perspective of things. I bet she felt very judged by the Scoobies.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think Faith and Angel are a perfect match. They are my OTP of the shows now. Angel can be free of who he is, they have deep understanding of each other, they will always be on each other's side, and Faith is the most vulnerable to him.

If only they would happen in Season Four in AtS instead of Cangel in Season Three.

Even though I'm against real life serial killers, I can sympathize with her perspective of things. I bet she felt very judged by the Scoobies.

I agree with you on that one. Are they becoming you OTP, the more you think of it and remember how awesome they were? I agree with you on all of that, they always have each other side and I one of the things I really love is that both Angel and Angelus have this kind of bond with her. With Angel, he makes Faith want to do good, and makes her believe that there is redemption and she can get forgiven. Angelus of course want Faith to turn dark, and it's one of the few times he really doesn't want to kill her. He really was just going to turn her to a vamp! and at first he did just want her to join him... very unusual... but makes me love it more.

I agree, I would've preferred Fangel over Cangel definitely. lol

I am happy you are against real life serial killers. I am as well, of course. I just couldn't sympathize with her because it's not like they gave up on her overnight. They kept giving her chances and she always did something more evil. I just understand how Angel was the one who could understand her because he know the feeling she was feeling, he understood her guilt. Buffy and the Scoobies didn't understand it, and it's not their fault. They just didn't face a darkness quite like Faith at that time.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you on your first paragraph, and second statement.

Too bad they couldn't happen.

It's not Faith's fault either that she didn't have the perfect lifestyle.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well no matter of the lifestyle you were raised up as, you have a choice. You can't use "I wasn't raised up in a perfect lifestyle" as excuse for killing and joining withe the enemy.

As I stated before, Angel was the only one who could get through to her because he went through it. Buffy, or the Scoobies should not get looked down on for not sticking with Faith because realistically, they weren't wrong as well. Sometimes enough if just enough.

Angel was just the perfect one to save her.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

We just have to agree to disagree.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Well no matter of the lifestyle you were raised up as, you have a choice. You can't use "I wasn't raised up in a perfect lifestyle" as excuse for killing and joining withe the enemy.

As I stated before, Angel was the only one who could get through to her because he went through it. Buffy, or the Scoobies should not get looked down on for not sticking with Faith because realistically, they weren't wrong as well. Sometimes enough if just enough.

Angel was just the perfect one to save her.
I agree, at the end of the day you have to take responsibility for your own actions

I love this scene

world's best actor
Old 06-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved that scene.
Orpheus is probably my favorite Season 4 episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, at the end of the day you have to take responsibility for your own actions

I love this scene

Yup you do, even at the end of the day... Faith would tell you everything she did is horrible. She can't cover up or even defend her actions, she understands that. Which is one of the reasons she was happy that Angel stood by herself, because at that point she was basically like a destruction bomb waiting to explode, with no one who can save her. Angel knew the darkness, he understood her and as I mentioned before... luckily he wasn't in Sunnydale because he got to do what he wanted to, or what he felt was best without no one messing it up.

One of the biggest reasons Faith changed is because of acceptance, she accepted what she did was wrong. She acknowledge that she did need help, and Angel was right there during it so he got to see her break down and know that she only wanted to fight because she wanted to be killed because of how horrible she did feel. No one is a mind reader, so Faith needed to break down like that for someone to really get that pain... that hidden pain.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

And I'm just saying some people don't want to take responsibility of their own actions for a certain amount of time. That is what Faith did. She has gotten to a point when she decided to stop. She had an interesting redemption arc that way. If she became good one episode after, her redemption really wouldn't be all that interesting. Again, she is different from Buffy. Buffy doesn't have psychiatric problems like Faith did.

Saying that makes me have mixed emotions about Consequences.

Orpheus was a great episode for them. Their roles were reversed. Faith is saving Angel's soul.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And I'm just saying some people don't want to take responsibility of their own actions for a certain amount of time. That is what Faith did. She has gotten to a point when she decided to stop. She had an interesting redemption arc that way. If she became good one episode after, her redemption really wouldn't be all that interesting. Again, she is different from Buffy. Buffy doesn't have psychiatric problems like Faith did.

Saying that makes me have mixed emotions about Consequences.

Orpheus was a great episode for them. Their roles were reversed. Faith is saving Angel's soul.

I agree with that. We all know that Faith is different from Buffy, which is why it's okay for Buffy to not need to understand her and stick by her side. They are different. Buffy job is to slay the evil, and protect the innocent. Not train a destructive slayer on the loose.
Happy Faith Redemption was done perfectly though.

Well Consequences was a perfect episode that showed Buffy didn't just give up on Faith, she was telling Angel that Faith wants to be saved, she was the one who got Angel involved and Angel was almost close to helping Faith but then of course Wesley with the Watchers Council messed up everything....

It was interesting to watch. It was great to see the roles reversed. .. and as Angel did, Faith didn't give up or go for the kill.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread