Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh Angel.
Faith actually felt bad for him. Just shows how she relate to his situation.

"So who's your big hero now." I love that even through Angelus marking, Faith still is with Angel....
Also this episode was great for fans to remember that Angel did some bad things as well. He wasn't always Mr. Perfect. Which is why he understands like Faith how it is to fight the temptation.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think it did open Faith's eyes a bit, she was at risk of being him on a pedastal before, in this ep she saw who he really was & that redemption really hadn't come easy for him, but she still stuck by him anyway
Old 05-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Let's go Willow.
The best thing Connor did all episode was break through Cordy's door. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah but, it's not like just one bad thing happened to him - he was raised by a crazy guy hellbent on revenge in a hell dimension, he had no chance of having a normal outlook on things, especially romantic relationships. He was brainwashed by Holtz & then he was brainwashed by Cordy, he's a victim of abuse. Common sense doesn't come into play.

That Willow/Wesley scene is always kinda funny to me because you can just feel the chemistry, but there is no way those characters would fit together

I love how this episode focuses so much on Angel & Faith as individuals at the same time, just shows how close their journies are
I know, I just really don't feel bad for him because of how annoying he comes off during most of his scenes this season. I find him actually more likable in 4x01 when he was with Fred and Gunn, probably if he never got written with Cordy, things would'vebeen better.

Completely agree. nice chemistry even if the characters together doesn't work. lol

Completely agree with you on Angel & Faith!
Old 05-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't mind when people find him annoying, it just bugs me when people think of him as this villain who came in & stole Cordy from Angel & ruined everything, when really he was a victim. You don't have to like him to be able to understand what was going on from his pov, he was a victim. I wish that things could have been different & he could have fized his relationship with Angel

It is interesting how even though Angelus & Faith are in this weird mental meld thing, they still have a sense of what's going on in the outside world....
Old 05-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't mind when people find him annoying, it just bugs me when people think of him as this villain who came in & stole Cordy from Angel & ruined everything, when really he was a victim. You don't have to like him to be able to understand what was going on from his pov, he was a victim. I wish that things could have been different & he could have fized his relationship with Angel

It is interesting how even though Angelus & Faith are in this weird mental meld thing, they still have a sense of what's going on in the outside world....
Old 05-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think it did open Faith's eyes a bit, she was at risk of being him on a pedastal before, in this ep she saw who he really was & that redemption really hadn't come easy for him, but she still stuck by him anyway
Completely agree and she probably always just assumed that without a soul he was evil, and assumed that he didn't really do much evil with the soul but it's not like that at all.
Even with the soul he did some unforgivable things, worst than Faith did so if he can change she definitely can.

That's what their relationship is about, sticking to one another.

URG Angel. Angel guilt is just so depressing.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Love the Angel/Angelus smackdown! It had been a long time coming in a way

& the Willow/Evil!Cordy battle
Old 05-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good job, Angel.
"He's hiding from what he is—which may be a big Psych 101 revelation for you..."

It's some sort of revelation.

This episode showing Angel and Angelus as completely different people... still not sure how I feel about that one....

Quote:

Now I actually agree with all of that.

It's very interesting.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, the inconsistencies with the whole having a soul/not having a soul thing always bugged me, it never even seemed like the writers cared at all

It's also kinda interesting how it's indicated that Faith wants to die in this episode, when it the last ep Angelus pointed a gun at her & she said she didn't...

I'm gonna get the new thread now
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, the inconsistencies with the whole having a soul/not having a soul thing always bugged me, it never even seemed like the writers cared at all

It's also kinda interesting how it's indicated that Faith wants to die in this episode, when it the last ep Angelus pointed a gun at her & she said she didn't...

I'm gonna get the new thread now
Fan Forum Legend

Angel talking to Faith as he's fighting.
This was the scene I was truly hoping Connor at least came to his senses....
"Their relationship is a little bit icky?" Good job Fred. lol

Quote:
Love the Angel/Angelus smackdown! It had been a long time coming in a way

& the Willow/Evil!Cordy battle
I know! All of it was truly awesome.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, everyone knew it was icky....& yet no one actually tried to find out what was going on & do something about it?! I think they all do a great disservice to Cordy but not realizing it wasn't her a lot sooner...

It was great that Willow won that battle, although it does kinda bug me that Willow couldn't sense something was off with Cordy either, you'd think that with all that power she'd feel something.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"Anybody notice a battle with your alter-ego going on here?"

I love hearing Willow with those same words from Becoming when she first returned Angel's soul to him. Whenever Willow does it, it'll be successful.

I love this Faith and Angel scene so much, he made her continue fighting.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

He did

& their scene outside! Things just fit between them

http://www.fanforum.com/f11/confidan...hing-63172033/
Old 05-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, everyone knew it was icky....& yet no one actually tried to find out what was going on & do something about it?! I think they all do a great disservice to Cordy but not realizing it wasn't her a lot sooner...

It was great that Willow won that battle, although it does kinda bug me that Willow couldn't sense something was off with Cordy either, you'd think that with all that power she'd feel something.
I completely agree because I was thinking the same thing. Why no one going up to Cordy's room? does anyone ever check on her or do anything. lol So completely agree with you.

I guess Willow excuse was her focus on bringing Angel's soul back.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread