Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2019, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can see both sides. I do feel like Buffy treated everyone badly, she said to Giles that Spike was the only one watching her back, which I think was just such a disrespectful thing to say, & I know Giles was really insulted by that. It was like Buffy had become the slayer that she was always afraid of being, that she had turned to stone & shut everyone out.

I know Buffy was trying to win a war.... but so was everyone else. The stakes were just too high for everyone else to keep quiet when they felt like she was leading them in the wrong way. They are all entitled to their feelings & opinions too.

I think what bugs me most is that it all happened so that the writers could have those Spuffy scenes in Touched. It's like the writers had to make Buffy's relationships with everyone else look bad to make her romance with Spike look good, which will always make me massively resent their storyline.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Total Fan

^^^ITA, plus people were iffy towards Buffy cause she was weirdly letting her "feelings" for Spike cloud her judgment (even though the way The First was using him showed he was a liability and she didn't care) all the while ignoring how they felt or asking their opinion. All for someone that almost raped her last season too.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I hated how they never really dealt with that from Buffy's side, just how bad Spike felt about it

It was like Buffy just got really mad at everyone for not mindlessly doing what she wanted, after she had been pushing them away & continuously shouting them down when they didn't agree with her. If you keep treating people as if they're gonna turn on you, eventually they will....

Anyway, here's some much better memories

https://mockingsarcasm.tumblr.com/po...pisode-flooded
Old 05-23-2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I blame the writers more than anything. I love Spuffy however season 7 is easily my least favorite one because of how terrible most of the relationships were written... especially Buffy/Giles.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Total Fan

It was crazy, Buffy was even going to let Dawn stay with Spike right after he almost raped her! I was there with Xander when he was like "What, after he just..." (or whatever he said) It seemed the only time we saw her kind of deal with it was in S7 when Spike first came back and when he touched her hand for a second, she flashed back to the assault. After that, it's like it never happened RME. I also agree Buffy was just acting like a b*tchy drill sergeant and blowing off how everyone felt and how they were treating poor little Spike. It was like, to hell with everyone else. It was just about her and Spike. I loved Giles and Buffy's first reunion after they brought her back to life. Definitely better times before they ruined their relationship.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I feel season 7 as a whole ruined all the relationships and that was a writers issue. I actually felt that Buffy/Willow relationship started getting ruined in season 6 unfortunately. The beginning of season 7 was repair mode and than the end of season 7 ruined it again.

Giles when he returned in season 7 everything was off and I think because when he first returned, there was a tease about "What if he's The First" so fans were divided if Giles actually died.

I felt the writers as a whole should've just done a better job and I feel the problem truly started when the Potentials came around.
Although I did have an issue with Buffy in the "Selfless" episode when she was so quick to kill Anya without giving her no benefit of the doubt... and I loved Xander retort of how Willow was evil but they didn't think of killing her.... Buffy said Willow was human and my comeback to that was that it was okay killing a human in Faith when it meant saving Angel....

So I didn't like how the rules always changed.
I know it's probably underrated by I just disliked how Buffy went about things in the "Selfless" episode. She didn't even give Anya a chance to explain.

But back to Buffy/Giles, just sticking on topic to them, I just felt it was a mess to see how their relationship was written whereas Giles has always been a father figure to Buffy. For the writers to ruin that made no sense.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Total Fan

I personally agreed with Buffy in the Selfless episode. Anya went back to hurting people and wasn't going to stop but I can understand that Buffy looked hypocritical. Especially when she kept making excuses after excuses for Spike RME.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I personally agreed with Buffy in the Selfless episode. Anya went back to hurting people and wasn't going to stop but I can understand that Buffy looked hypocritical. Especially when she kept making excuses after excuses for Spike RME.
I would have understood Buffy if she at least gave Anya a CHANCE to explain. She found out what Anya did and her first thought was to go to kill... Xander issue with that is why can't they at least TRY to talk it over? obviously later it showed that Anya actually did regret what she did... but Buffy never would've knew that because she just went for the kill.

I'll respond to the Spike thing but don't want to get into that discussion on this thread. lol That's a discussion for another day and thread.
I'll just stick to Buffy/Giles ... no need to keep talking about these other ships here. lol

Old 05-24-2019, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Xander was hypocritical in Selfless because Buffy had to kill Angel, and she loved him above everything else.

Icon credit: Erin
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:49 PM
Total Fan

You could still hear the pain in Buffy's voice when she was like "I KILLED ANGEL." That was definitely her hardest kill. I'm glad that shut Xander up.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That Angel part was completely correct!
However, even with Angel... that took months to build to it... with Anya, everything was within the same week and Buffy wanted to kill her.....

With Will the word "killing" her never came up even when she was going to destroy the world.

So basically the gang pick and choose who they want to decide to use the kill card on which was Xander's argument.

But we can stick with Buffy/Giles.
How did everyone feel about Buffy/Giles first meeting?
Old 06-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree about that. Buffy had never rushed to kill one of their own friends as fast as she did Anya, so I think it was fair for him to bring that up

I guess I liked Buffy/Giles's well enough, there wasn't really all that much to it though
Old 06-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That's how I feel... I feel that it's cool to say Anya needs to be stopped but to jump STRAIGHT into killing her without even hearing her side out? WTF?? Xander had a right to be as upset as he was... because he was point on about if it was someone whom Buffy was with (Spike; Angel) she would have thought of alternatives or it would've took EPISODES to build.

And it goes back to what Anya said during season 6, it's because she was never really one of them. Xander was really the only one who seemed to care about her in the group.

Buffy/Giles first scene was interesting... poor Buffy thinking she can run away from those slayer duties and than she meet the Watcher Librarian Rupert Giles. lol
Old 06-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, if it had been someone Buffy cared about that way, she would have gone about it all completely differently - as we have seen before. It is a shame how Anya was treated, but I do think we saw that Willow cared about her in that ep though, as she couldn't go with Buffy & she's the one that called D'Hoffryn, so I guess she was trying to find a solution.

Buffy & Giles were okay in that first episode, I think it took him a little while to understand her though
Old 06-03-2019, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Icon credit: Erin
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top