Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy The High School Years Free Comic Book Day.

Buffy: The High School Years FCBD 2017 (EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW) - Comic Book Preview - CBR

Buffy: The High School Years FCBD 2017 (EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW) (Preview)

In our 2017 all-ages offering, you’ll thrill to a monster-slaying, citizen-saving adventure with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sixteen-year-old Buffy is still learning her trade, and sometimes battles with demons and bad luck can erode a girl’s confidence – and her ability to have high-school fun. #SlayerStruggleIsReal. Then, your favorite plants and zombies will take a time-traveling journey to the past, where they run into a devious sheriff. If they have to work together to rise to the sheriff’s challenges, can they do it? It’s Plants vs. Zombies vs. Sheriff Tarnation! [ALL AGES]

In Shops on Free Comic Book Day!

Old 01-30-2017, 11:21 AM
Addicted Fan

I got my copy of Buffy # 3 ,"A House Divided" yesterday.

I liked the issue.I'm very interested in the overall storyline of this season.Putting aside what's going on in the country{U.S) and world now is how I'm approaching the season.And on it's own,the story does have me hooked in.

So keeping this brief,I liked the issue.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Angel S11 # 2.

TFAW.com: Home > First Looks > Angel Season Eleven 2

Old 02-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I finally had time to get Buffy 11 #3...and its really good.
The Main Plot is so very interesting and has a lot of potential.

Im thinking about giving Angel a try, i dont really like the character...but the previews seem interesting.
Have to do some reading first and get myself up to date on Angel.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 02-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy S11 # 4

TFAW.com: Home > First Looks > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eleven 4 (Steve Morris cover)

Old 02-18-2017, 05:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Dark Horse May 2017 Solicitations

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...ters-glisters/

Angel Season 11 #5

Corinna Bechko (W), Zé Carlos (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Jeff Dekal (Variant cover)

On sale May 24
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Chasing the moment in the past that will bring disaster to the future, Illyria transports Angel and Fred to a new time period . . . One where the pair will have to strive to avoid Angelus, Darla, and pirates on the high seas as they search for a precious artifact that could lead to saving the future!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #7

Christos Gage (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A/Variant cover), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale May 24
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Having determined that breaking out of the Safe Zone is impossible, Buffy and Willow struggle with the decision of having their magic removed so that they can return to the world outside—in the hopes that breaking in to the magical internment camp might go easier. But once their magic is gone, will two normal human girls be able to succeed?

• Catch “deleted scenes” on the variant covers!

“Any Buffy fan is going to be stoked about this new series, Season 11, and a new story arc of awesomeness!”—ComicWow TV

Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the Angelus/Darla artwork
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Addicted Fan

15 Craziest Moments In Buffy The Vampire Slayer Comics

From centaur sisters and alien space bugs to epic betrayals, we look at the craziest moments from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer comics!

15 Craziest Moments In Buffy The Vampire Slayer Comics - CBR
Old 02-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Addicted Fan

ECCC17 is this coming weekend.There is going to be Whedonverse comic panel.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...gnings-panels/

THURSDAY, MARCH 2

Throughout the Whedonverse: 20 Years in the Making 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m. TCC 303
Dark Horse is thrilled to celebrate twenty years of Buffy and fifteen years of Firefly! Dark Horse’s continuations of Joss Whedon’s cult favorites in the series Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel remain some of the most talked-about comics in the industry. Join Whedonverse writers Chris Roberson (Serenity: No Power in the ’Verse), Christos Gage (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 10 and 11, Angel & Faith), Kel McDonald (Buffy: The High School Years), and Corinna Bechko (Angel Season 11) for an in-depth look at what it’s like to work on franchises with a cult-like following. WhedonCon’s Marsia Powers will impress fans with her knowledge of the Whedonverse as moderator of the panel!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Angel Season 11 #3 :: Profile :: Dark Horse Comics

Old 03-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Addicted Fan

ECC17:20 Years Of Whedonverse Comics panel report/interview.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...ics-eccc-2017/

It’s All About Torturing Your Favorite Characters – 20 Years Of Whedonverse Comics At ECCC 2017

Posted by Bill Watters March 4, 2017

Alyssa Pack reports from the DC Uncharted panel at ECCC for Bleeding Cool,

The Whedonverse in comics is celebrating their 20th anniversary at Emerald City Comic Con by having a panel to tell fans more about the Whedon universe and also answer questions. The Whedonverse includes comic books based on shows created by Joss Whedon including: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Serenity/Firefly. Announced at the panel the Serenity hardcover is being released March 29th and the new volume of Buffy the Vampire slayer: The High School Years is coming out on June 28th. Writers Chris Gage, Chris Roberson, and Kel Mcdonaldson answered some questions about their working in the Whedonverse.

Q: What is it like working on Serenity?

Chris Roberson: “It’s amazing. I really love the universe and the characters. One thing I asked for was for the Chinese to be romanized instead of written out in Chinese characters like they have in the past. That way readers who don’t speak Chinese can sound out the phrases … some of which are pretty vulgar … lol. One of my friends who speaks Chinese called it ‘white man’s Mandarin’.

In addition I really get to flesh out the universe which is good and bad. It’s easy to get handle around the whole universe with just the show and the movie and a few comics. It’s allowed me to bring in stuff from the RPG as well when figuring out things like new planets. However, that means I have to come up with a lot which Joss is very supportive of. “

Q: Could you two switch comics?

Chris Roberson: “Buffy is such a vast universe that it would be a little too much to get a handle on it. I’d have to go back and watch all of Buffy, Angel, and then there are both sets of comics. It would just be a huge project that I’m not really prepared to dive into.”

Chris Gage: “I really love the Buffy universe so I wouldn’t want to give that up but I could definitely see myself writing Serenity. I would also have to go through and rewatch all of the show but since there is much less it wouldn’t be as big of an ordeal as having to learn the ins and outs of the Buffy universe. I’d just have to get rid of this guy (points at Roberson).”

Q: How much research do you have to do into the Buffy shows for the comics?

Chris Gage: “Well you really have to go back and get specifics from the show especially with certain events happening at the right times and also certain spells. Fans would know if I didn’t use the correct ones so its really important to go back and make the comics fit into the universe perfectly.”

Kel Mcdonaldson: “I really have to go back and look at specific events in the show. I was writing about Buffy’s mom and I had to make sure that the characters knowledge matched with the show. I couldn’t write about Buffy’s mom knowing about anything unless it matched with the show. For example in the new book Buffy’s mom is in the book a lot but it is before Buffy knows Angel is a vampire so I had to research when Joyce first met Giles which was in the episode ‘Angel’.”

Q: How hard is it to write terrible events happening in Buffy to characters that you love?

Chris Gage: “It’s really hard but necessary. It’s the Joss Whedon universe and I have to follow that formula to make it interesting. If I always showed what fans wanted to see it wouldn’t be as good as it is. It would get boring and not have the following that it does. I have to be true to the story and to the universe.”

Q: Are we going to see more of the baby in Serenity?

Chris Roberson: “Actually yes! The story does a time jump so when we see her she is a toddler living on this ship. A toddler on a spaceship poses its own problems as you would imagine.”

Coast-To-Coast Comic-Con:Angel Season 11

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...cs-c2ccon2017/

Angel Will Revisit “Old Friends” In Season Eleven Comics #C2Ccon2017

Posted by Rich Johnston March 4, 2017

From Coast-To-Coast Comic-Con, Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman have been talking about their work together, and apart – and how Invisible Republic from Image Comics is on suspension until the fall, as they have been hired to work on another book which hasn’t been announced yet. Though Hardman did want to push his one-shot The Belfry which seems to have gone down rather well.

But Corrina did tell us that the current Angel Season Eleven plotline for the Dark Horse comic book will see the character wrapped up in time travel – one of her favourite storytelling devices – and revisiting a few familiar Buffy/Angel faces who haven’t been seen for some time.

As in, they’re dead. As in properly dead. But time travel can help unwind the death clock…

Old 03-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy # 5.It's out March 22.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/31-...er-Season-11-5

Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Advanced review for this week's Angel # 3.

Comic Review: Angel Season 11 #3 - Wicked Horror

Comic Review: Angel Season 11 #3

ByNat Brehmer March 6, 2017

The third issue of Angel is a little less action-packed, though there are still some big, exciting moments. Angel, Fred and Illyria are still stuck in the past while Illyria tries to stop herself from doing something she clearly has come to regret. While the setup remains interesting, most of the issue falls into the realm of exposition. It’s interesting exposition, for the most part, but it definitely does drag down the momentum of an exciting arc.

Still, it’s fantastic in terms of the characters. Angel and Fred are struggling to solve the problem and get these demons to listen to reason, whereas Illyria is entirely driven to fight—after all, that’s what she does best. There’s quite a bit unspoken about her character going on here. That’s refreshing because both of these titles—Buffy and Angel—suffer from explaining too much about exactly what the characters are going through at times.

Illyria’s motivations are a little more subtle, which is great because subtlety has never been something she was known for. Here, though, while she’s attempting to stop a massacre of her own doing, it’s also clear that she has some unresolved issues with herself. One look at her original, demonic form and she’s compelled into combat. At first, it looked like she was filled with rage for her old enemy, but now it clearly looks like much of that rage is held toward herself.

There are some great moments between Angel and Fred as well. These characters have been apart for a long time and they had such a unique bond. It’s great to see them together again. It’s especially great when Fred makes note of the cave they’ve been hiding in and draws parallels to her own past. After all, she had been living in a cave in a demon-infested world for five years when Angel first met her.

I can’t help but wonder if the altering of the timeline is going to have further consequences, or if it will change things on a bigger level than anticipated. It’s a little odd to just have one demon from this world show up in the present. How will that affect things further? Or will it affect anything at all? I would kind of expect it to, especially with all of Buffy Season 11 hinging on the aftermath of a disaster that occurred in the opening issue.

Whether Angel will wind up taking a similar approach remains to be seen. They still haven’t even done the thing they went back in time to do. If the whole season of Angel winds up following a theme of time travel, that would be kind of fantastic. The Buffyverse has a huge, expansive history and it would be great to see Angel drop in on some major events that we’ve only ever heard of in brief references.

Overall, this is a pretty strong issue that doesn’t quite hit the same level of excitement as the previous two. The artwork continues to be a nice change of pace for the series and I’m still eagerly looking forward to seeing how the arc wraps up.

WICKED RATING: 6.5/10
Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Season 11 solicitations for June 2017

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...y-briggs-land/

Angel Season 11 #6

Corinna Bechko (W), Zé Carlos (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Karl Moline (Variant cover)

On sale June 21
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Aboard a ship in the middle of the ocean, Angel has not succeeded in avoiding his past self, Angelus. He must escape Angelus, keep Fred safe, and also determine what must be done with the jewel-like beetle that has ties to the future. When the beetle turns out to be something stranger than anyone could have imagined, Angel’s focus turns to survival rather than saving the future . . .

“Definitely an adventure you would look forward to knowing that there might be an inevitable meeting with the very reason why Angel’s past is so shameful to him.”—Geeked Out Nation

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #8

Christos Gage (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A/Variant cover), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale June 21
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Out in the real world without their magic, Buffy and Willow are facing challenges in a new way. As normal girls, getting back into the Safe Zone to release the residents feels impossible—but they aren’t alone. The Scoobies are reunited and have some special backup!

“It’s impossible not to read this book and scream at the characters and thrill to the visuals. Highest possible recommendation.”—SciFiPulse

Buffy Season 11 Volume 1: The Spread of Their Evil . . . TP

Christos Gage (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A), Georges Jeanty (P), Dexter Vines (I), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale Aug 2
FC, 160 pages
$19.99
TP, 7″ x 10″

Buffy and the Scoobies weren’t ready for this. When a tsunami and an enormous dragon devastate San Francisco, folks connected to the supernatural are blamed for causing the catastrophe and soon have restrictions placed on them in the name of safety. Buffy must choose sides, find a way for herself and her friends to survive, determine how the disaster happened, and not lose who she is in the process. Collects issues #1–#6 of the series.

Angel Season 11 Volume 1: Out of the Past TP

Corinna Bechko (W), Geraldo Borges (A), Michelle Madsen (C), and Scott Fischer (Cover)

On sale Aug 9
FC, 104 pages
$17.99
TP, 7″ x 10″

Angel, a reformed vampire cursed with a soul, is tormented by a vision linking his shameful past to something very big—and very bad—that is coming. As Angel and his friend Fred begin trying to solve the mystery, the goddess Illyria gives Angel some insight and incentive. Then she really gets involved, and Angel discovers that it might be possible to change the future by changing the past. Collects issues #1–#4 of the series.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread