Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've actually stopped buying them now I LOVED when they were set during the earlier seasons, but then the chracters stopped being portrayed correctly
Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

i loved the 1s set during early seasons ....cuz usually i get my Oz fix that way lol
Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM
New Fan

queen of the slayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_silence (View Post)
I have a few. I actually just ordered Queen of the Slayers the other day, & it's supposed to be pretty good actually. It takes place after the series finale. I also own the Dark Witch Willow Trilogy, The Book of Fours, & Here Be Monsters. I do also own volumes 1 & 3 of the Watcher's Guides, I have yet to buy volume 2. I can't wait to read Queen of the Slayers though!
I got this book right when it came out, and in my person opinion, it was a huge waste of time, money and brain cells. It's supposed to be season eight. Usually Nancy Holder, the author, does a good job writing Buffy books, but this time, I think she phoned it in. The ending is really lame and kind of confusing. It's kind of like a really long fan-fic. That you pay for. And is very unsatisfying in the end. I would just stick with the season 8 comics.
ireallymissbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I read a few, but they were a long time ago.. I don't remember the names.

I read one about a girl that Dawn befriends. I know is Buffy and Dawn on the cover in tank tops.. one I'm thinking is purple.

I read all the old ones based on like season two. One distinct one I remember was one with Willow babysitting.

And I read one a little later, that was part of the four part series. Might have been The Lost Slayer.

Man.. I remember when I used to go to the library and rent them every week. The good ol' days.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How many books are there? and how many pages too I hope it's not like JK Rowling books
I'm slow with her books lots of pages
Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly- (View Post)
How many books are there? and how many pages too I hope it's not like JK Rowling books
I'm slow with her books lots of pages
I think you'd like the first lot, they're quite short and have all the characters you like in them it was the first lot of books that got me so obsessed with buffy in the first place.

There's about um... 80 books now I'd say
Old 03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

i have almost every single book and comic. my favorit one is THE LOST SLAYER TRILOGY!!!U MUST READ!!!!!!so sad!its setn in season 4, so we have a lot of OZ! yay!
----------Angel avie by Cristofle
liltashaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the books and have quite a few. My favourites, off the top of my head, are The Gatekeeper Trilogy, Sins Of The Father, Resurrecting Ravana and Immortal. I prefer the books set in the earier seasons.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

80 books Jen OMG that's alot

Thanks Jen
Old 03-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

i love TLS series. That alt. future angle was great. it would've made some great episodes. I love TGT as well.

I love Oz:Into the wild, the novel version is so much better than the comic version.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~ (View Post)
My favourites, off the top of my head, are The Gatekeeper Trilogy
That's another favorite of mine.

Are we listing the books that we've read? .
Forgotten By The Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

I still can't pass up BTVS books when I see them in the thrift store or book store at the library (they're only 25 cents to $2. I have the following...

1) Resurrecting Ravana
2) The Willow Files #1
3) Deep Water
4)The Xander years #2
5) Immortal
6) Unnatural Selection
7) Visitors
8) The Angel Chronicles #2
9) The Angel Chronicles #3
10) The evil that men Do
11) Tempted Champions
12) Blooded
13) Prime Evil
14) The journals of Rupert Giles #1
15) The Lost Slayer #2: Dark Times
16) Unseen trilogy: The burning
17) Unseen trilogy: Door to Alternity

I've also read Queen of the Slayers, Spark and Burn, and many many more
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Extreme Fan

For the people who have read almost all of the books, what ones do think is the better ones the older ones or the newer ones?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

i like the older 1s more.

I don't like the ones written by Scott Ciencin...his style just bugs me..i don't know why
Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozeninside (View Post)
For the people who have read almost all of the books, what ones do think is the better ones the older ones or the newer ones?
I like different parts/scenes from each of the books. There is a plethora of great quotes and dialogue on why the show is great.

My favorite is Apocalypse Now. There is a quote by the archangel Michael that I love. He is basically giving an ode to Buffy. Very touching. I have to check it out and copy it down. I love the scene in the book where Buffy gives one of Dawn's stuffed animals to charity and Dawn says something like "you got rid of my Mr. Happy" and Buffy, not knowing what Dawn's talking about says "while if I did its because you're not old enough to have a Mr. Happy". Later when everyone thinks the world is ending, Buffy knocks on Dawn's door and she is holding all of her stuffed animals in her arms. It was very sweet. A nice sister moment.

The most recent one I read was Queen of the Slayers. I don't usually like Nancy Holder when she writes by herself, but this book was pretty good. It comprised the entire 8th season of Buffy. In the book, Buffy never dated The Immortal. He asked Andrew to pretend he was living in the Summer's apartment and to tell Angel and Spike that he was dating her. In the book Willow temporarily breaks up with Kennedy because she didn't have enough time to grieve for Tara.
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread