Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 02:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Season 8 of the comics was a tough one for me to get through. (And, I think I'm not alone in that estimation.) I almost quit the comics because of Season 8, but I had to have Buffy anyway I could get her. (I was so desperate; mediocre Buffy was better than no Buffy.)

Happily, the following seasons got better, and now in Season 11, I'm totally enjoying the comics!

I liked the Angel and Faith comics, too, and I was a little sad that they dropped Faith from the book. But, I am enjoying Fred/Illyria being Angel's side-kick this season.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Apologies for being absent a bit. Work has been crazy hte last few days
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 08-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

^ Life happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit-moon (View Post)
Season 8 of the comics was a tough one for me to get through. (And, I think I'm not alone in that estimation.) I almost quit the comics because of Season 8, but I had to have Buffy anyway I could get her. (I was so desperate; mediocre Buffy was better than no Buffy.)

Happily, the following seasons got better, and now in Season 11, I'm totally enjoying the comics!

I liked the Angel and Faith comics, too, and I was a little sad that they dropped Faith from the book. But, I am enjoying Fred/Illyria being Angel's side-kick this season.
I’m streaming the comics through this website. The volume I borrowed has some Faith issues in it too. I’m liking those so far.
https://www.hoopladigital.com/search...ope=Everything
There are so many volumes! I’m going to have to pace myself.

Would you guys recommend skipping S8, or should I hang in there? I think there are supposed to be 40 issues in that season, and I’ve only read 4 so far.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Hang in. There's many references to S8 throughout the rest of the comics
Old 08-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Will do!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Banned

Update to Season 11

I started out disliking the comic seasons regarding the conduct of the characters in Season 8, but later on I find that by Season 9 Volume 3 "Guarded" I found the characters growing on me; I especially liked Kennedy in "Guarded". Later on, in about Season 10, I ran across a scene when Satsu (Buffy's girlfriend in Season 8) is at her and her "live-in boyfriend" Spike's door, intending to recruit them for a type of "diplomatic mission" that involves them engaging in a kind of "gladitorial match" against two "representitives" of the new breed of vampires- I found Buffy's reaction to Vicky's comments to be absolutely hilarious, Spike was even funnier regarding her when his girlfriend was in her match- he lost it completely!
When the "shiftover" occurred, and Buffy had won her bout, her reaction was funny too; she explained "You couldn't keep your mouth shut, he's angry... your guy's in for a world of hurt." and Vicky was funny in her remarks, not so funny, but "funny" as in strange. She's like "We'll have to break every bone in his body just to untangle him from that shape..." or something to the same effect.
Well, to put it simply, the match is a success, and Harmony (the "leader" of the new breed of vampires, or so it seems) agrees to have her "colleagues" assist the military forces in repelling the incursions that Satsu referenced on her tablet- the media, she said, only reported about a third of the incursions- they needed additional muscle, or such was the, as I call her, "girl Samurai"'s argument.
I absolutely found her behavior towards a newly returned to life Giles at thirteen years old completely funny, and she seemed to enjoy herself, mussing his hair as if he was her kid brother- she had fun, he felt embarrassed.
Oh, and Dawn's in college in the later comic seasons, so that's another fun category.
In short, the comics kind of grew on me, and lets not forget the new "Buffy, the High School Years" comic adventures, those are oodles of fun to put it simply!
There's a lot of fun there, but also some kookiness as well... one thing I like about the characters is how they seem to act unwisely, like real people in a lot of ways!
I didn't mean to spoil it for anyone, everyone's at a different place, but what do you people think of the characters and their lives?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah VampDemos, there's been some good stuff in the comics. The stuff with Harmony is always pretty funny.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the heck out of all the Spuffy! They are so sweet together, and, dare I say it, almost domestic.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Again, apologies for spotty activity. Work and a lot of headaches the last few days
Old 08-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Banned

Hello
Old 08-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeboy (View Post)
Hello
Hey georgeboy! Welcome!

Are you a new Buffy fan?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeboy (View Post)
Hello
Welcome to the board!
Old 08-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit-moon (View Post)
Yeah VampDemos, there's been some good stuff in the comics. The stuff with Harmony is always pretty funny.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the heck out of all the Spuffy! They are so sweet together, and, dare I say it, almost domestic.
Yeah, the "Harmony stuff" was funny, but I personally liked Satsu in Season 10 and later myself- not all her behavior that's hinted at behind the scenes, but her ideas and her thoughts and how she expressed them... I also liked how they recruited the vampires to serve alongside the militaries against the incursions- via gladiatorial matches for entertainment- and how Buffy remarks to Vicky that "you couldn't keep your mouth shut, he's mad; your guy doesn't stand a chance..." (paraphrased more than quoted), but it was amusing, and the lopsided match that Buffy had to engage in also was amusing: "Weighing What?!" was her remark when she heard that her opponent weighs 480 pounds! And that's mostly muscle too, as well as organ and bone, so he's not overweight, despite being extremely heavy... that's typical American humor: make a lopsided fight- like shooting a misquito with a bazooka rocket or the like: something so outlandish that it'd never work., or something like that.
Anyways,
I also get the general sense that Jordan really is, to be blunt, a fool; she's not the type to monitor who she's working for, and if this "bomb" goes off in Season 11, she'd lose her gifts too- not exactly a good deal for her: as it'd destroy any and all mystical powers... you know, the bomb they're using the prisoners in the "gulag" to build to neutralize the mystical abilities of those with "preternatural powers", including, but perhaps hidden from her and her colleagues (as an act of political betrayal I'd guess), her own kind of mystically powered women.
That's exactly what I'd do in the shoes of a tyrant, and then, once they're helpless, turn on them without any mercy; loose the military upon them and effectively, commit a form of "genetic cleansing", I guess is the term for that form of mass-murder... the only reason why I'd not do that is simple: it's wrong to do. But it's *exactly* what a cold-blooded tyrant would do, too!
What are your thoughts on this "gulag built bomb" they're designing in Season 11, folks? Sorry to those who haven't reached that point as of yet for spoiling the surprise, I cannot tell where anyone else is, only where I am, however; and I do apologize to those who may have had future "episodes" surprise ruined, that was the furthest thing from my intents- which are merely to have a civilized discussion with fellow fans of this series set.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Going through the damn Board Guide is such a massive pain. Makes it all the more frustrating I have no co-mod to help me.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even realize the OT thread was topped here

Hi! I'm Alicia! Currently just finished my entire series rewatch and falling through the feels so that's why y'all have been seeing me around!

Is there a chance you could ever get a co-mod? I'm sorry!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even realize the OT thread was topped here

Hi! I'm Alicia! Currently just finished my entire series rewatch and falling through the feels so that's why y'all have been seeing me around!

Is there a chance you could ever get a co-mod? I'm sorry!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread