Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked that after everything they went through, they ended on good terms.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:35 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I'm glad they made peace with each other.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yes, it was a heck of a journey.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

It just took awhile.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It had to

https://anditsdraining.tumblr.com/post/106172976833
Old 07-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I felt bad for Faith when she had to stay in that crappy motel.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, you could tell that she really didn't have much in her life outside of being a slayer
Old 07-16-2019, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I know. It just makes her journey even more interesting though more complex.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people out there think that Giles shouldn't have left her like that in a crappy motel room.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think that would have been a good idea, but I don't think people should be mad at Giles for not doing it.

Really, the council should have given the slayers a salary. Faith clearly needed it & Buffy needed it in s6 onwards too.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've seen some people on Tumblr who were upset that Giles let Faith live like that.

I'm not sure how Buffy would feel about the Council giving her a salary when she and Angel like helping the helpless for free. They don't like to do things for a selfish gain. When Angel started his show berfore/without Cordy' selfish personality/too lazy to apply for regular joe jobs, being against asking people in trouble for money. Anya offered Buffy that idea in Season 6, but Buffy declined a few times. Buffy got a regular joe job, a one that could be better taken account her college experience. I would've liked her to do construction with Xander, but the Trio screwed that up for her by giving Xander's workers a bad first impression. Having a slayer do construction would make the city happier. Her strength can get the job done much quicker, which would make the workers, businesses, and the residents pleased. People in real life prefer not driving in construction as much, and would like new buildings (i.e. closer gas stations) to get done ASAP.

I'm not sure if Faith would be up to the idea after her redemption/rehabilitation.

I understand paying the watchers, but don't on paying slayers.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The council seemed super rich, they kept all that money for themselves & used the slayer as they like. I don't think they had any ethical issues with paying a slayer, it was just greed. Plus, the slayer would have a lot more time to fight evil if she didn't have to worry about making a living. & it's not like the slayer is taking money from the people she's helping. I really don't think Buffy or Faith or anyone would/should have a problem with that
Old 07-25-2019, 07:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I've seen some people on Tumblr who were upset that Giles let Faith live like that.
The Council paid Giles. Why should he get a salary and not Buffy? Is her work as a slayer somehow less valuable than his work as a Watcher?

Nah, it was b/c The Council views Slayers as disposable weapons and wants to keep them unempowered. That's also why they try to kill Slayers when they turn 18, b/c they want a new, younger, more easily to manipulate slayer around.

Quote:
They don't like to do things for a selfish gain.
Are doctors, surgeons, policemen, firemen, etc all selfish because they get paid for their services? Is their work somehow less valuable? Should they all work for free?

People need to make money to live. That is not selfish.

Buffy working all day at the Double Meat Palace to make rent, when The Council could be paying her so that she has more active hours to devote to slaying would actually help more people and save more lives, IMO.

Quote:
The council seemed super rich, they kept all that money for themselves & used the slayer as they like. I don't think they had any ethical issues with paying a slayer, it was just greed. Plus, the slayer would have a lot more time to fight evil if she didn't have to worry about making a living. & it's not like the slayer is taking money from the people she's helping. I really don't think Buffy or Faith or anyone would/should have a problem with that
^^^Completely agree.

Anyway, the Still Pretty podcast just did Graduation Part 1 & 2 and they spoke a lot about B & F.

They mentioned that they don't Buffy was going to feed Faith to Angel. They think the minute Buffy stabbed Faith and it truly hit her what she had done, that she changed her mind. They think if Faith hadn't jumped from the building and had collapsed or whatever, that Buffy would've taken her to the hospital bc she couldn't go through with it all the way and still would've fed herself to Angel.

Thoughts?

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 07-25-2019 at 07:47 PM
Old 07-25-2019, 11:55 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The Watchers Council were a bunch of disgusting, selfish cowards for what they did to slayers. Especially that 18th birthday bs they did.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread