Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my god, never mind Kim K, THAT would have broke the internet.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

IKR?

I used to fight for the sheer pleasure of it; for the thrill of the hunt, oh I had the strength unmeasurable - I spared no one. And yet, you showed mercy to everyone, even your fiercest enemies, even me! Yet, you never fought to kill, or for revenge. Only to test your limits and to push yourself beyond them, to become the strongest you could possibly be. How can a Slayer fight like that and at the same time be so gentle that she wouldn’t hurt a fly? It makes me angry just thinking about it! But, perhaps it is my anger that has made me blind to the truth for so long. I see it now, this day has made it all too clear. You’re better than me Buffy. You are the best.

http://slaygal.tumblr.com/post/10936...sure-of-it-for
Old 04-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yeah, The WB was irritating. Between that, their ridiculous not allowing Willow and Tara to kiss and cancelling AtS in its prime, it makes me wish Buffy and Angel had both been on the UPN from the start.

I love the gifset, and especially the beautiful quote from Faith.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did Faith actually say that? I don't remember it onscreen, is it from the comics?
Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think so, I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the show

Love all the moments there
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
Did Faith actually say that? I don't remember it onscreen, is it from the comics?
It's indeed from the comics. I believe it was from the second part of the Season 8 arc.
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 04-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the clarification It's a fantastic quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Do you know the context?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
It's indeed from the comics. I believe it was from the second part of the Season 8 arc.
Do you know which arc it was from? Because I have the comics and I can't remember that quote. Granted, it's been a while since I've read them.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the gifset
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
Do you know which arc it was from? Because I have the comics and I can't remember that quote. Granted, it's been a while since I've read them.
I'd like to know too
Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's a really great moment between Buffy and Faith in the last issue of S8. Giles was killed in S8 and in his will, he left EVERYTHING that he had to Faith (the two had been working together and had been building their own father/daughter dynamic through the season) and only left the Vampyr book that he slammed down in front of Buffy back in "Welcome to the Hellmouth" to Buffy.

Faith: I've been kicking with G a while, but everyone knows you're his number-one son.

Buffy: I didn't come to contest the will, Faith...

Faith: But you gotta be asking. Everyone else is. Xander practically stared a hate beam through me, and that's just with the one eye. So, straight up - I don't have the answer. I got a theory is all. He thinks you're stronger than I am. I'm not blowing smoke. Pretty much means he thought I was a puss, which irritates the hell out of me, but-- Hah! Got it! He must have figured I needed more help. So I get the money, the flat, the farm, the horses...

Buffy: You get horses?

Faith: ...And you get this one crappy item. You know what this says? (she hands the Vampyr book to Buffy) It says you're the Slayer. You're the only Slayer. You always were.

Buffy: Then I really did fail.

Faith: I don't wanna watch you blubber, B. Your "everybody into the pool" empowerment trick brought down the First, but it also put a lot of the girls through the meat grinder. I spent a lot of time trying to put some of them back together.

I know a lot of people aren't into the comics, which I totally get it. But comics-fan or not, you HAVE to like that moment.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That does look like a good scene, I can really hear Faith hearing those words!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah. Sadly, that was the last interaction between Buffy and Faith that we see as Faith moves on to the A&F comics. But it is nice to see that the two have grown up and are on good terms.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Maybe they'll interact more in the future, there's just so much potential there!