Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I think there was a darkness in Faith that Buffy could just never quite grasp, I think she thought she understood in s3, but that moment proved to Buffy that she could never really relate...
Old 11-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^That's what I think as well and I'm glad she got to see that perspective and be able to understand Faith a little better.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Absolute Fan

You guuuuysss. I need opinions on Buffy & Faith's S8 arc. I'm not a fan of it but I feel like there is some interesting stuff mixed in there.

It just doesn't feel like a natural progression from where they were in S7. Yes, some of these issues were still present because with all the world savage they never really talked about what they did to each other. And I do like this side of them explored, it just could have been done a million times better.

I don't see how they went from Faith admitting to Buffy that she was always jealous of her, but after walking in her shoes and leading the potentials/everyone, and feeling how lonely it was, she suddenly understood Buffy on a new level.

And Faith being the last person to leave the hellmouth when it was destructing and yelling "Buffy! Come one!" (the only person to try and get her to come with them or even think of her) to that^.

Buffy was uber hostile to her as well.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not a fan of many things from Season 8 honestly. The entire storyline that season just feels very...disjointed.
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 11-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't follow the comics, but judging from that panel, I can't say that I like it at all....plus, as you said, it doesn't really make any sense considering where they left off in s7.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Who does Faith mean with "she" when she sais "Whenever she´s around..." ? Does she mean Willow or Dawn?
I only read some summaries of Season 8.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Who does Faith mean with "she" when she sais "Whenever she´s around..." ? Does she mean Willow or Dawn?
I only read some summaries of Season 8.
Faith is talking about Buffy in that instance. Faith had spent the majority of Season 8's early half with Giles, and had grown quite comfortable doing that. I can remember exactly what brought on the fight we see her between Buffy and Faith, but there was a lot of pent up feelings
Old 11-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think they'll always be complicated feelings between the two of them, & some little resentments, but I still don't think it would result in a fight like that...
Old 11-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
Faith is talking about Buffy in that instance. Faith had spent the majority of Season 8's early half with Giles, and had grown quite comfortable doing that. I can remember exactly what brought on the fight we see her between Buffy and Faith, but there was a lot of pent up feelings
Thanks. Now I get the point.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Eliza was the biggest Fuffy shipper on the show.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah she really was
Old 12-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
Giles had Faith go undercover to get close to (and take out) a new slayer who was killing other slayers. That girl also wanted to kill Buffy, and summoned Buffy there without Faith knowing. Faith didn't have time to stop her.

Buffy automatically assumed Faith was truly with the girl and that they both wanted her dead. Buffy attacked Faith and didn't give her a chance to explain. I didn't like how Buffy immediately assumed the worst of Faith. Not when Faith had just fought by her side to stop The First.

I mean, Buffy handed Faith the scythe ffs and said "hold the line"

If she still thought Faith was a murderer that was a terrible move on Buffy's part.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think the matter from the comics was poor writing honestly Season 8 isn't the strongest when it comes to be consistent with their quality
Old 12-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think the matter from the comics was poor writing honestly Season 8 isn't the strongest when it comes to be consistent with their quality
IA. It breaks my heart how BF were written.

One of the things I was most looking forward to in them was new BF moments but...

Old 12-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Like I said, Season 8 and the early parts of 9 are all over the damn place in terms of quality
Closed Thread   Post New Thread