Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think Buffy had many BAD eps if any, but there was a couple that I found pretty boring.

I thought Where the wild things are was pretty lame. Too much Buffy/Riley being in bed. And I liked Riley/Buffy.

Most people loved Restless whereas I found it boring. It was a little amusing but pointless to me none the less.

Other pointless eps for me include Listening to fear, Doublemeat palace and I robot you Jane.
Katiesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Where The Wild Things are was a great ep with marvellous atmosphere. I Robot You Jane was good fun.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just found them pointless.
S1 for the most part had many good fun episodes but bar a few, thats all they were.
I like the episodes with lots of drama and angst.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for the first time sum1 I fullheartedly agree with your whole post!

there are many eps, especially in the high school seasons, which I just dont find fascinating enough to watch too often. but only a few I consider BAD
Callace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
I thought Where the wild things are was pretty lame. Too much Buffy/Riley being in bed. And I liked Riley/Buffy.
LOL it's funny how even fans of the couple found those scenes too much to have to take. Of course, as a hater of the couple, I couldn't stand them in that episode
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
a total idiot
stuck in her narrow rut
really annoying
soul_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
LOL it's funny how even fans of the couple found those scenes too much to have to take. Of course, as a hater of the couple, I couldn't stand them in that episode
They were very annoying. I wasn't really a fan of them though, not compared to my BA and BS love but they were okay.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_rebel (View Post)
She just found out vampires exist and her only child was choosen to kill them. My mom would have me commited. Joyce reacted normally even better than most would. ...
No she did not just find out. She found out when Buffy had trouble in high school in LA when she was "called". Joyce could not face it and had repressed it.

She did have Buffy committed after she found out in LA before they moved to Sunnydale, which makes her threat to Buffy in Becoming, Part 2 that much more hateful:

Joyce "No. This is insane. Buffy, you need help."
Buffy "I'm *not* crazy!..."

I know they needed Joyce to kick Buffy out to get her to that place they wanted her at the end of S2. Where when everything is stripped away the only thing she has left is herself. I still didn't like Joyce for it though.

It was the same in S7 Empty Places. Only then she did still have someone, Spike. I never loved him more than when he supported her.

Buffy had learned that lesson well in the end of S2 that she didn't need anyone else and maybe couldn't count on anyone else. She had cut herself off from everyone until S7 when she was strong enough to accept help, to open to Spike in spite of her "friends" disapproval of him.
=-Kathy-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One should have thought she could have come to some sort of acceptance of it after she knocked Spike over the head with the axe, and then told buffy that she was proud of her that night. I always wondered how she managed to repress that... (interesting moment when Spike references that in BC2)
Old 01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Where The Wild Things are was a great ep with marvellous atmosphere...
I agree. The Buffy/Riley stuff was incidental. There was also a good "monster of the week" in the malevolent energy with some great tension at the frat house as to what was going on, some amusing Anya/Spike scenes (Anya: "Oh, come on. You're not even bumpy anymore.") and Xander/Anya/Spike scenes (Xander to Anya: You brought him here!?! Spike: That's what I said, except I stressed the "here" part.), some "that's just wrong" but still amusing fun with an ice cream truck, Giles and the gang actually doing some detective work... the list goes on.

I think that it is too bad that a lot of viewers just focused on the Buffy/Riley stuff, because this episode had so much more than that that makes it a better episode than quite a few others with less atmosphere, humor and less interesting MOTWs and plot. For a good example in my book of a truly terrible episode, see below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by callace (View Post)
But i truely hated DMP (Dead Mans Party) I would like to hear your reasons for it, Night Nymph, to see if we have the same
I'm glad to see that someone else hated this episode.

My reasons mainly stem from the fact that this episode made me want to smack almost everyone upside the head, including Oz. How can an episode make me want to smack Oz? It also made me want to cheer when Joyce's annoying friend got killed by the zombies, and that just made me feel cheap and/or sleazy.

The entire plot was preposterous. The Scoobies have issues with Buffy they want to discuss with her, so they throw her a party with a band and invite a bunch of people she doesn't even know (and who don't even know her in most cases), and then they have it out with her - in front of everyone who now thinks that she's a freak?!? What kind of insane logic is that? With friends like that, who needs enemies. Friends who later wonder how Buffy could want to take off and leave them again - umm, let me think for a moment. Maybe it's because her friends are all insane, they and her mother have no desire to hear her side of the story, the whole school now thinks she's a freak, she has to once again embrace the destiny she dislikes and feels burdened with, and she's still heartbroken. Nah, that wouldn't be a problem for a teenager to handle. *sarcasm*

It was because of this episode that I understood why Buffy didn't tell anyone about Angel when he returned in season 3. With the Scoobies' logic, they would've thrown her a party with a Chippendale dancer popping out of a cake to lecture her about loyalty. Okay maybe that's a bit of an exaggerration, but not by much.

My hate for this episode will never truly die. I repeat - Haaaate!
Night Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't like that episode either, but...
Quote:
It was because of this episode that I understood why Buffy didn't tell anyone about Angel when he returned in season 3
Maybe that's was the whole purpose of it! =P

Lazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

appearently our reasons for hating it hardly match at all. the scoobies behavoir was the only thing that made sense for me. they were confused and scared, wanted to speak with buffy, but at the same time really wanted not too, because they had no idea how. throwing the party was their way of distancing themselves from her, while still prentending, to her and to themselves, to want to be with her.

what i hated was Joyces friend, who was far to plastic for a BtVS character. two-dimensional to an absurd degree, and not the kind of person Joyce as i know her would befriend. And Giles, he felt weird too, far to awkward, and I seriously missed a more proper exposition from him, when he found out what was going on, and went to find the scoobies.

I also found that entire zombie-thing kind of pathetic. It was too cliche, and with a too cheap way of being brought into the story. I like the "plobothonum" (as Joss would have said it) of the story to relate to the characters in some way that shows something about them. that mask seem to have been just thown in because they needed a "monster of the week"
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
No she did not just find out. She found out when Buffy had trouble in high school in LA when she was "called". Joyce could not face it and had repressed it.

She did have Buffy committed after she found out in LA before they moved to Sunnydale, which makes her threat to Buffy in Becoming, Part 2 that much more hateful:
But at the time watching season 2 we did not have that information so at the time it was Joyce just finding out. It kinda made me mad that Joyce was just like "don't come back." but you can tell she didn't really mean it.

To call her an idiot for that is just lame
soul_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But at the time watching season 2 we did not have that information so at the time it was Joyce just finding out. It kinda made me mad that Joyce was just like "don't come back." but you can tell she didn't really mean it.
If she didn't mean it she shouldn't have said it. She said it and she never even apologized for that, instead she blamed Buffy's running away on Buffy despite the fact that it was her who had kicked her out.

Quote:
To call her an idiot for that is just lame
I call her an idiot for a lot more than that. I call her her an idiot for being dense all the time.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But at the time watching season 2 we did not have that information so at the time it was Joyce just finding out.
No, we just found out ( the first time we see Becoming part2 ) but Joyce already knew.
=-Kathy-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread