Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

1. What are some of your favorite and least favorite episodes? Why?
Favorites: Just Rewards, Destiny,Life Of The Party,Harm´s Way,Soul Purpose, You´re Welcome,Smile Time,Hole In The Word,Shells, The Girl In Question
Least Favorite: Why We Fight, Damage
2. How did you feel about bringing in Spike? Loved it! He and Angel made me laugh
3. What do you think this season would have been like Cordy had been there the whole time? I don`t know. But sometimes I wished she was there.
4. Did you like Cordy and Connors parts? Cordy should have been there for more episodes but I loved it that she came back for the 100th episode. And I liked Connor in Season 5.
5. What do you think of the season as a whole? Best Season IMO.
6. What did you think of the romance this season? Was okay, Loved Fred&Wesley but it could have started earlier with those two. I thought their relationship was too short.
7. How did you feel about Fred's death and the rise of Illyria? I loved Illyria and I`m a huge fan of her. But I also felt sorry for Wes that he lost Fred.
8. Did you feel Not to Fade Away was a good ending to Angel? Hmm it was okay.
9. How did you feel about the whole, “who's Connor?” set up? Not very cool but I accepted it.
10. If you could change one thing about this season, what would it be and why? That Angel doesn`t sign the Shanshu prophecy so he could become human and be happy with Buffy .
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

currently 4 episodes into my watch of this season for the first time and loving the Spangel bromance

feeling like this season is gonna have a lighter tone overall compared to the previous 2
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

That´s why loved the season (because of the Spangel bromance )
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

finally finished watching this season and the series ofc for the first time last Thursday night

1. What are some of your favorite and least favorite episodes? Why?

Harm's Way - I felt bad for Harmony in this episode and it was so funny when she was trying to get rid of the body

Unleashed - some cool werewolf stuff and I liked Nina as a character and how Angel could relate to her; the ending of this episode was really good

Lineage - I liked Wesley standing up to his father even if he was really a cyborg

Soul Purpose - reminded me of the Nightmares episode on Buffy

The Girl In Question - a fun episode with Spike and Angel together in Rome

Smile Time - I couldn't wait to get to this season just for this episode and it didn't disappoint. Loved puppet Angel and the first scene where the boy was getting his life sucked out of him was genuinely horrifying. Hilarious moment with Spike and Angel. "You're a wee little puppet man."

2. How did you feel about bringing in Spike?

I definitely enjoyed the Spangel BROTP moments this season (another main reason why I couldn't wait to get to this season) especially in The Girl In Question.

3. What do you think this season would have been like Cordy had been there the whole time?

I actually didn't miss her that much in this season.

4. Did you like Cordy and Connors parts?

It was sad at the end of You're Welcome when Angel gets the call that she has passed away and we realize that he was imagining her there the whole time.

I liked Connor mostly in this season. The "I learned that from my father." scene was really good.

5. What do you think of the season as a whole?

I was right about this season generally having a lighter tone compared to the last season and a half. I was not expecting the return of Lindsey at all.

6. What did you think of the romance this season?

the tragic end of Fred and Wesley was so sad

7. How did you feel about Fred's death and the rise of Illyria?

agreed with BlackWhiteRose

the scenes where Illyria talks about Fred were really good

8. Did you feel Not to Fade Away was a good ending to Angel?

I like how it ended on a high note and the metaphor of continuing to fight for good

10. If you could change one thing about this season, what would it be and why?

nothing really I guess the ending felt a bit rushed

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 03-05-2019 at 03:43 PM
Old 03-07-2019, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootyfnfrooty (View Post)
i loved Wesley but i hated season 5 for so many reasons, i did not know the characters i had grown to love so much anymore because all of them seemed ooc (of course this began well before s5 but by then is was so obvious, spike and harmony were the closest to normal but they just weren't AI (for me that is Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn, Lorne, Fred and to a limited extent Connor and Doyle) or the Fang Gang (which for me is definaltely Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and including Doyle here slightly because with out him they may have never been a Fang Gang or AI)

And IMO Eve and Nina were pointless characters and i missed Cordelia and Lilah ever episode thier presence on the show left the season definately lacking, and the Lindsey arc would have been so much better with Lilah since they at least had chemistry out the ass

I totally agree with all of this.

Season 5 is up there with Season 4 for me as the worst that the show had to offer. It just went off the boil after they wrote out Charisma.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Season 5 is up there with Season 4 for me as the worst that the show had to offer. It just went off the boil after they wrote out Charisma.
Same... I only watched this season once, and that was live in my teen years. So probably if I watched it again, I'd feel differently... but I wasn't a huge fan when I was watching it live.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess this season kinda has the same divisiveness as season 4 of The O.C. among fans

I think the majority of fans including me like or love it though from what I've seen and heard?

many people think it's the best season
Old 03-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I guess this season kinda has the same divisiveness as season 4 of The O.C. among fans

I think the majority of fans including me like or love it though from what I've seen and heard?

I think I'm in the minority, Allison I've seen many people praise Season 5 as sort of a --new beginning-- for the show, given that Season 4 was so divisive.

That said, I thought it was strange. I couldn't get used to watching them work for Wolfram & Hart. I hated that they had Gunn be partially responsible for Fred's death and I just couldn't get used to the group without Cordelia.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)

You are correct. lol From most of the reviews I see, many people love the season but I just didn't when I watched it live... which is why I said that possibly my perspective would change a bit if I rewatched it .... I only watched the season once, and that was when it was airing live on the WB network and I was like 15 years old....
Old 03-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

My opinion hasn't changed sadly, Tia I own the series but I'm not a fan of the direction it took. Once they stopped working at Angel Investigations, it was infinitely less interesting. They weren't even acting like a group anymore. They were all doing their own thing.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
My opinion hasn't changed sadly, Tia I own the series but I'm not a fan of the direction it took. Once they stopped working at Angel Investigations, it was infinitely less interesting. They weren't even acting like a group anymore. They were all doing their own thing.

Season 5 is the only season I don't own on DVD because after I watched it live, I never wanted to watch it again...

Main thing I loved about this season is the "You're Welcome" episode, and the Connor episode and I felt the finale was good even if I wish it wasn't the end.

Oh and I love the "Underneath" episode for some reason! It was just great seeing the trio of Angel/Gunn/Spike.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Oh and I love the "Underneath" episode for some reason! It was just great seeing the trio of Angel/Gunn/Spike.
I'm glad you pointed out that episode I forgot to say before that it's in my top favorite episodes of that season. It was horrifying to watch Gunn sacrifice himself for everyone else.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm glad you pointed out that episode I forgot to say before that it's in my top favorite episodes of that season. It was horrifying to watch Gunn sacrifice himself for everyone else.

It's an episode I know doesn't get discussed much but it's one of the episodes where I re-watched the scenes a lot! I just loved everything about it.
The sacrifice hurt me but that Gunn growth was amazing. He felt so guilty for everything that happened.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That was the only S5 episode that I liked the writing for Lindsey.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

did you guys like smile time?
Reply   Post New Thread