Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yes I know I am obsessed... I can't help it.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

My favorite part of that scene is her "Oh crap!" face at the end.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah she finally realized she was playing with fire.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

i don't know i can see all sides but then not one of them was perfect so all of them abondoning him was unacceptable. but really fgunn and fred had started abondoning him from the moment they got together, they were partly to blame for it
Old 06-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Oh they are probably the biggest ones to blame. I mean if it wasn't for them dating I think Wesley wouldn't have been stupid enough to take Connor in the first place, and end up alone in season four... Well accept for Lilah. I was glad she was still around him. I think she stopped him from killing himself.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Old 10-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1. What are some of your favorite and least favorite episodes? Why?
Favourites are everything but Deep Down and Suppersymmetry.

2. How did you feel about seeing Angelus again? How about seeing Faith again? Any Angelus is good Angelus and he was fantastic. He brought back the sun because he could and that doesn't at all affect his badassness Faith is great on ATS. Outside from Buffy's umbrella she is seen in a more favourable light. Plus most of the Fang Gang has blood on their hands so it's not like they're much better.

3. What do you think this season would have been like if Charisma hadn't been pregnant? It would have been much better?

4. Did you like Connor more or less this season? More because he was less whiny. I actually felt bad for him in Home.

5. What do you think of the season as a whole? It was great. We have the moral issues of the good guys ending world peace. The mystery behind two vampires conceiving a child is finally revealed, TPTB reveal why they can be just as evil as the bad guys, Fred becomes likable (slightly) and most of all the whole season feels like the end of the world. And each chapter just builds on the previous one which means less standalone episodes It gave this season an eerie and mysterious feeling.

6. What did you think of the romance this season? I love Wes/Lilah but I don't watch this show to ship.

7. If you could change one thing about this season, what would it be and why? Charisma's exit. She lays on a bed for the end of the season and then that's it until Sarah can't come to S5 so she gets an ending as a consolation prize. Not cool.

8. Who's character journey did you like the most? Angel's. He starts the season in a box at the bottom of the ocean. Then he's freed but is forced to come to terms with the fact that his son is changed forever and he's not even allowed to mourn what he lost because he has to find Cordy. He finds her and has to deal with being this hero while also feeling like a failure as a man. He even allows the gang to trap who he is in a bottle so they can get answers from Angelus.

After Angel battles Angelus in the dreamscape, you can feel the change in him. He's not as mopey or whiny about all the **** in his life he instead comes to terms with the fact that he has to kill the women he "loves". That's a horrible decision to make. Then he has to stop Jasmine which inevitable means ending world peace. And to top it off he has to give up Conner and make a deal with the devil to ensure that his son gets the life that he would have probably never been able to have with him. So in the end, Angel has nothing. And that doesn't stop him.

So yes, I believe that Angel had the best story this season. It's about sacrifice and living life continuously between a rock and a hard place. He grows stronger as his decisions are about what's right and what's wrong instead of what will get him brownie points with TPTB and closer to the shanshue.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

My favourite season hands down because of Faith
*Lethe's Bramble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

1. What are some of your favorite and least favorite episodes? Why?

Loved Spin The Bottle, The House Always Wins,Soulless, Orpheus, Players (but only because of Gwen), Home.

Didn`t like Shiny Happy People, Sacrifice and Peace Out -> most of the Jasmine episodes. She was so annoying because of that fake happiness *yikes*

2. How did you feel about seeing Angelus again? How about seeing Faith again?

Angelus was a pleasure. Love that bad guy! David played that so well and you really saw how much he loved it.
Seeing Faith again was great. Love her since I saw her on Buffy. Eliza is a wonderful actress and I was happy she came back. Loved her (Faith´s) interactions with the fang gang.

3. What do you think this season would have been like if Charisma hadn't been pregnant?

Well they would have spared us Jasmine and that would have been fantastic.

4. Did you like Connor more or less this season?

I never had a problem with him. But I felt sorry for him this season because the bad girl in the Cordy suit just used him.

5. What do you think of the season as a whole?

Except for Jasmine and Cordy in a coma it was a really good season.

6. What did you think of the romance this season?

I liked Lilah/Wesley. It was interesting and the only lust releationship that I liked.

7. If you could change one thing about this season, what would it be and why?

No Jasmine. Because she was so all fake happy and that was very annoying for me.

8. Who's character journey did you like the most?

Mmh Wesleys was interesting and also Angels.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

currently watching this season for the 1st time and loving the return of Angelus especially the scenes where he was locked up in the cage

I also love that evil laugh that he does
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

God the whole Cordelia is pregnant with Connor's baby SL just came out of left field

I know Charisma was pregnant IRL when they were filming though

love seeing Faith return though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Echo*~ (View Post)
To address a couple of the new discussion questions:

2. Did you like Willow's appearance? Yeah, I actually liked Willow more in Orpheus than I did in most of season 7 BtVS. It was nice to see someone a little less weighed down with angst at that point in the season.

3. Who was your favorite guest star? Willow, Faith, or Darla? Why? Faith, for sure, because we got to see so much growth from her in her episodes of Ats. Plus, she fit in very well with the Ats characters; she had interesting preestablished relationships with both Angel and Wes that it was nice to see explored again, and I enjoyed her dynamics with both Connor and Gunn (speaking of Gunn ships . . . ). Willow was fun to have around, but that was more fun cameo than full-on character growth, she didn't have as much interesting character stuff going on. I liked seeing Darla again (in some form, at least), but again, that wasn't as much about her as a character as it was about the PTBs trying to step in and try and sway Connor to do the right thing. I loved the Darla/Connor scenes, but in the end, they were really more about Connor than Darla.
Willow was great in Orpheus and her saying that she would tell Buffy Angel says hi gave me a lot of feels

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-06-2019 at 04:12 PM
Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

finally finished this season for the first time today

I liked Gunn/Gwen together

my fave ep this season is definitely Orpheus

Spin The Bottle was a fun bottle ep but I prefer Tabula Rasa on Buffy

this was funny

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-15-2019 at 03:34 PM
Old 01-17-2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The only thing I liked about Season 4 was seeing Willow reuniting with Wesley in a scene (mostly because of Alyson and Alexis being married )

Oh, and Faith. I think watching Eliza Dushku in the horror movie 'Wrong Turn' had endeared me to her, but she had changed from being my least favorite character of the cast to my most favorite I have to credit Eliza, but also the writers for giving her believable growth.

Everything else... Let me list some of the cons -

- Destruction of Angel/Cordelia
- Destruction of Gunn/Fred
- Destruction of Wesley/Lilah
- The absolute garbage way that they handled Cordelia and how she was forced into a situation where she HAD to be with Connor
- The whole Jasmine plot and how contrived it was that everybody's backstories were suddenly tied into them being destined to intertwine so that she would be born
- Angelus being brought back just to taunt Gunn and have a conversation with himself
- The Beast being a pawn in the evil Cordy plot
- Willow not sharing any scenes with the real Cordelia
- Gwen never being mentioned again after she apparently slept with Gunn
- Angel Investigations shifting over to Wolfram & Hart

Just an absolute mess.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)

Oh, and Faith. I think watching Eliza Dushku in the horror movie 'Wrong Turn' had endeared me to her, but she had changed from being my least favorite character of the cast to my most favorite I have to credit Eliza, but also the writers for giving her believable growth.

- Destruction of Angel/Cordelia
- Destruction of Gunn/Fred
- Destruction of Wesley/Lilah
you mean in Buffy too? she was one of my faves in Buffy so her character growth here just made me love her more

I also loved Darla in this series and her scene with Connor in this season was really good

don't ship any of them romantically so I was glad to see their demises
Old 05-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
God the whole Cordelia is pregnant with Connor's baby SL just came out of left field

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread