Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2020, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Doyle, Angel
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): Doyle/Cordy
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Angel/Cordy... the development throughout the season was amazing.
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): Faith... I was loving Kate until her dad died...
⇾ Favorite episode:? "To Shanshu in L.A."... it felt like such a big stakes episode.
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc): The Faith redemption arc.
⇾ Buffy season 4 or Angel season 1: Angel season 1
⇾ Wolfram & Hart or Angel Investigations: Investigations by a landslide.
⇾ Favorite W&H character: Lindsay
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): There really wasn't many couples this season...
⇾ LEAST favorite character (can be regular or guest): Uh... Kate's dad.
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: Doyle's death, I understand the BTS of what happened but I felt it was so much left unresolved ... we only got 9 episodes! I needed more.
⇾ Least favorite episode: The Ring. "Lonely Hearts" was eh... I loved the introduction to Kate though and the other one I can think of was Kate.
⇾ Least favorite character addition? Lee Mercer... was fun when he got his face beat down by Faith. lol
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? Humans without souls and how to deal with them like episode 1x14. I would've loved to explore a bit more of that.
⇾ Doyle or Wesley Wes was so fun but going with Doyle.
⇾ OG Trio (Angel/Cordy/Doyle) vs NU Trio (Angel/Cordy/Wes)? Loved both trio's but going with OG where it started.
⇾ Favorite crossover/collab episode? "The Bachelor Party", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Sanctuary": This is tough is heck. IWRU is amazing... I gotta roll with Sanctuary though! I felt we finally saw Angel became his own person although the scenes between Buffy and Angel were heartbreaking to watch.
⇾ Favorite Flashback:
(example: Favorite scene we saw in flashbacks like of Angelus or something...
When we got to see what happened after Angelus got sired! I loved all his flashbacks though. lol
⇾ Best character introduction? Kate... oh yeah Wes too!
[B]⇾ Favorite crossover guest star? [I] Faith. I have a special place in my heart for Oz cause I didn't see it coming. lol
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:? Five By Five
⇾ Episode you considered so underrated? "I've Got You Under My Skin"
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: Solid 8, I for the most part enjoyed everything about this season. I might rank it 9. lol I'll stick with 8 for now but it was amazing.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:32 PM
New Fan

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Doyle - all time fav Buffyverse character, with Cordy as a close second.
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): Doyle/Cordy (my ultimate otp)
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Doyle/ Angel and I like the beginnings of Angel/ Gunn
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): The lawyers - all of them
⇾ Favorite episode:? "The Bachelor Party" - 40 mins of solid Doyle and he's still alive at the end - what's not to love?
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc): learning bit by bit about Doyle - not sure if that counts. Or the build up of Wolfram and Hart as an ongoing threat.
⇾ Buffy season 4 or Angel season 1: Buffy Season 4
⇾ Wolfram & Hart or Angel Investigations: I love them both
⇾ Favorite W&H character: Lindsay gets the best development in this season so probably him just for s1, but Lilah by ten miles overall
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): I guess Angel and Kate - but they're not much of a ship. There isn't a whole lot of romance happening this season
⇾ LEAST favorite character (can be regular or guest): I have never liked Faith - so I guess her. Or maybe Kate once her dad dies and she's just angry and irrational all the time. I feel like her character was done quite dirty by that. She could have been so cool.
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: Obviously Doyle's death, I just don't care about the remainder of season 1 after that. I never watch 10-22 any more, it's just boring MOTW eps but without the Doyle/ Cordy stuff to keep me interested. But also the direction they took Kate in is a terrible story line.
⇾ Least favorite episode:[/B] Either 'She' or 'Expecting' - both pretty awful.
⇾ Least favorite character addition? I didn't like the way they brought Buffy into 'sanctuary'. I don't know if she can really be classed as an addition in her own verse, but she added nothing to the episode, was wildly ooc and deeply unlikeable. And I love Buffy! so I hated not liking her - especially as she is written to make Faith more sympathetic, and I have no sympathy for Faith.
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? I don't think there was really enough of an ongoing story line or thread running through for this to be a thing. I know there are a couple of two parters or crossovers but it is essentially a season of stand alones. When the episode is finished, the story line is done. Though obvs, as with everything, I would have loved more Doyle.
⇾ Doyle or Wesley Doyle 100% From No 1 character in all the buffyverse to second least favourite in one episode is a cruel cruel blow (Willow gets the true least favourite spot)
⇾ OG Trio (Angel/Cordy/Doyle) vs NU Trio (Angel/Cordy/Wes)? OG - beyond a shadow of a doubt.
⇾ Favorite crossover/collab episode? "The Bachelor Party", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Sanctuary":
This is hard - I cannot count the number of ways I don't care about Faith and have no interest in her episodes. Plus I hate the way they use Buffy and Kate in those episodes. But IWRY is a mopey, BAngel fanw*nk of an episode that I just don't have time in my life to care about. Their relationship is over and done and I don't want to watch a rehash. The monster goes nowhere - he gives up his humanity to protect her from soldiers of darkness and then ...? what they go into hibernation? Pointless. Plus Cordy and Doyle are massively underutilised in this episode, and this is their penultimate episode together. It's criminal that their relationship is sidelined in their own show in order to give screen time to one which has already had three years! ... but The Bachelor Party is great fun. So it's swings and roundabouts.
⇾ Favorite Flashback:

(example: Favorite scene we saw in flashbacks like of Angelus or something)
Maud burying Dennis in the wall!
⇾ Best character introduction? Either Angel's intro pretending to be drunk in 'City Of', or Gunn's 'you expecting somebody else?' in 'Warzone'
⇾ Favorite crossover guest star? Spike
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:? Are there really that many cliffhangers? I guess the Bachelor Party sort of counts.
⇾ Episode you considered so underrated?
Rm w/a Vu
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: oh gosh - a 5? If I'm being generous. City Of is a solid start but the rest of the Doyle eps are ... I like them because of Doyle, they're entertaining monster of the weeks, but they're not great. If it was Wes not Doyle in them i would find some of them unwatchable. It hits a real fallow period shortly after Wesley joins in ... She and Expecting are dragging it down into negative numbers, it's only my love of Doyle and Cordy that allows it to claw it's way back past zero. The Prodigal is a slog. The Ring and Eternity are OK, but they're never going to set the world on fire. I don't care for the Faith episodes, though they are probably technically the best of the season. War Zone is a slog (an important one because of Gunn but a slog nevertheless) Blind date is a similar level to The Ring - fine but it could be better and then Shanshu is a solid finish. so ... yeah - I feel pretty good about a five. If it wasn't for Doyle/ Cordy being my OTP it would probably be more like a 3.
S2 is where it (for the most part) hits its stride.
myheadsgonenumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree about Buffy in the Sancutuary episode... I understood what Buffy was in pain as she had every right to through however I can see why Angel was so through with her during the episode. lol She made something about her that wasn't... so yeah it was annoying.

Dennis getting buried in that wall was sad to watch.
I was going to put Rm w/a Vu as my underrated episode as well but went with "I've Got You Under My Skin" because I prefer that episode but man are both episodes great to me!

I'll never get tired of seeing anyone show their love for Doyle.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:26 PM
New Fan

I love how they flashback to Maud murdering Dennis as if it's not really that big a deal - and in what is a pretty light hearted episode - and your just left thinking 'hang on a minute! that's really dark' ... and then it's over and never gets mentioned again. But Dennis being walled up remains in the series credits all the way up to 'Not Fade Away' - which is more than Charisma and Glenn manage!
Old 08-29-2020, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Then Dennis screaming!
His mother was so terrible... painted him inside the wall because he was dating someone else. Trash.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:36 PM
New Fan

So here's something creepy to get your head around. Dennis lived with Maud in Cordelia's apartment (stated in the police report - he didn't just visit her there he lived with her). But Cordelia's apartment is a one bed- we know this because a) we never see a second bedroom and b) Harmony sleeps on the couch. And it's not as if Maud and Dennis were poor and so couldn't afford a 2 bed, or like that was all that was available when she was looking for a home - because Maud is actually the owner of the entire apartment complex, she had them built, that's how Doyle finds her obit, because the building is called 'the Pearson arms' - Maud Pearson built the place and then took a unit there too. She chose to take a single bed apartment, even though she had an adult son that was clearly not allowed to move away from home.

No wonder she buried him in the wall - there were clear warning signs all along.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow you looked so in depth of this. A lot more to think about now. lol
Old 08-30-2020, 06:13 PM
New Fan

yeah - my head just goes places, I'm a details fiend. I can't just watch - I'm like 'hang on a minute ... this doesn't make sense!' I'm literally a writers worst nightmare. No flaw left unpicked no loophole left unexplored. No one - including Jane Espenson - thinks about the numbers of bedroom in Cordelia's place vs the number of people who lived there 50 years ago - and then there's me, howling at the inconsistency
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top