Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Apologies, accidentally posted twice
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Old 11-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Rewatching Angel S1 right now - I've forgotten how good it was. I always rewatch Buffy, but hardly ever rewatch Angel. While S1 still probably is my least favorite of the series, we'll see after I complete my rewatch, there are so many good episodes.

Personally, I think the season gets better and better as it goes on. While Doyle was a sweet character, Wesley is such a far superior character. I may be biased because Wesley is in my top five Buffyverse characters, but he is full of such depth and his character development is probably one of the best, if not the best, from both shows. I love seeing him develop as the episodes and seasons go on. And I really love his interactions with Angel and Cordelia - he can be so goofy, but he is so loyal to them.

What are your top five episodes from S1?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I re-watched BTVS and ATS about the same. Although I probably re-watched the first half of Season 2 of ATS more than any other season of both shows.

I loved Season 1 of Angel, it was just such a great start. Cordy leaving BTVS to come over to ATS made a lot of sense. I felt the Cordy character sort of run it's course on BTVS, so I loved seeing Cordy grow in Los Angeles. It was to further her acting career but she meets Angel and she really learns to really grow up and want to help others.
Wesley coming over to this show was also another shocking good addition to the show, it's amazing how he went from goofy and clumsy to a strong character who takes no nonsense.

Doyle. Awesome character since day one.
We really got to see Angel become more of a hero on this show and we got to understand him a bit more.
Faith, with the most growth during her two terrific episodes.
Loved seeing appearances from Buffy, Oz and Spike.

Season 1 was a very great introduction to ATS.

My top 5 episodes from Season 1 of ATS when I think of it off the back of my head: I Will Always Remember, I've Got You Under My Skin, Five By Five, Sanctuary and To Shanshu in L.A.
Honorary mention: Rm w/a Vu... Hero was a good one as well.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

For some reason I never realized how wonderful Cordy is until this rewatch. I'm in the midst of S2 right now (love it!), but Cordy is such an amazing character. I love her interactions with all the other characters and she has such a good heart, but she's also so sassy. But she's never afraid to be herself.

Wesley is my favorite though still. His development is unparalleled in the Buffyverse, imo. Even in S1, we see a lot of hints of his past and how he doesn't feel worthy and wants to prove himself. And it's sad seeing how close him and Angel are and knowing how S3 goes for them.

But I really love Wesley/Cordy's friendship In Sanctuary when Wesley holds her face when he's looking over her bruises and calls Faith a "bitch" - one of my favorite moments of the season.

Top Five Episodes:

1. I Will Remember You (my favorite episode ever, and it's interesting to see the BA relationship from Angel's (mostly) P.O.V.
2. Five by Five
3. Sanctuary
4. To Shanshu in L.A.
5. Parting Gifts

I do think S1 falters because there really isn't a season arch. And I think the second half is dramatically better than the first ...the first half is kind of boring to me.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
For some reason I never realized how wonderful Cordy is until this rewatch. I'm in the midst of S2 right now (love it!), but Cordy is such an amazing character. I love her interactions with all the other characters and she has such a good heart, but she's also so sassy. But she's never afraid to be herself.

Wesley is my favorite though still. His development is unparalleled in the Buffyverse, imo. Even in S1, we see a lot of hints of his past and how he doesn't feel worthy and wants to prove himself. And it's sad seeing how close him and Angel are and knowing how S3 goes for them.

But I really love Wesley/Cordy's friendship In Sanctuary when Wesley holds her face when he's looking over her bruises and calls Faith a "bitch" - one of my favorite moments of the season.

Top Five Episodes:

1. I Will Remember You (my favorite episode ever, and it's interesting to see the BA relationship from Angel's (mostly) P.O.V.
2. Five by Five
3. Sanctuary
4. To Shanshu in L.A.
5. Parting Gifts

I do think S1 falters because there really isn't a season arch. And I think the second half is dramatically better than the first ...the first half is kind of boring to me.
Wow you didn't? I realized it right away. lol
It's just amazing because on BTVS, Cordy is easily my least favorite character but on ATS. the growth for her character is just magnificent as well as realistic, I loved the way it was handled.

I'd say during Season 3 of BTVS, I was a bit okay with Cordy but ATS is where I really grew to love her.

Wesley isn't my favorite but I agree with you, the development for his character is just fantastic and well done. ON BTVS he just never fit in with Buffy, Giles or anyone. He only really formed a relationship with Cordy... which could be foreshadowing seeing how the become very close on ATS.

I like Faith but that moment was one of my favorite as well, especially when Wesley punched Faith in the face when she knocked Cordy out in Five By Five.

I loved I Will Remember You, it was just a beautifully tragic episode. To see Buffy say she'll never forget and all these years later, she still doesn't remember, but Angel probably holds that day with him all the time. The episode was perfectly done and it was good for the B/A fans.

Pretty good list.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Absolute Fan

So I've just started a rewatch as I haven't watched Angel in soooo long. And wow I forgot how much I love season 1! I just love the whole 'dark city protector' vibes it has. Plus Doyle and cordy and Kate! It always annoyed me how she kinda just disappeared after Angel saves her . Oh well, can't wait to watch the Faith episodes again. She's one of my favourite characters plus I love the Angel/Faith dynamic.

Quote:
I loved I Will Remember You, it was just a beautifully tragic episode. To see Buffy say she'll never forget and all these years later, she still doesn't remember, but Angel probably holds that day with him all the time. The episode was perfectly done and it was good for the B/A fans.
It's actually super depressing to think about. I mean ever time Angel see's Buffy after that he's reminded about how happy he was being with her as a human. And how she doesn't remember and she will never know because he can't tell her.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

just finished S1 for the 1st time 😱
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
just finished S1 for the 1st time

What are your thoughts?

I loved it. Felt like a Crime show. A mature Buffy spin-off. Really gave Angel more depth than he'd ever had when he was known purely as Buffy's boyfriend.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
What are your thoughts?

I loved it. Felt like a Crime show. A mature Buffy spin-off. Really gave Angel more depth than he'd ever had when he was known purely as Buffy's boyfriend.
yeah I love it and I agree

I like the whole concept of them helping ppl and the crossover episodes with Spike, Oz, Faith, and Buffy were great as well

also love that theme song
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Oh, I loved the crossover with Oz and Spike when Spike taunts Angel about Buffy's new boyfriend (Parker): "I ran into dear old Buffy - your name didn't come up."

I think its biggest success was replacing the incredible Doyle with the equally incredible Wesley. The shift in the group dynamic was really interesting.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Facebook Streaming All Episodes of Joss Whedon’s ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer,’ ‘Angel,’ ‘Firefly’ for Free

The social-media giant is launching every episode of Joss Whedon’s supernatural drama “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and spinoff “Angel” along with sci-fi show “Firefly” on Facebook Watch for free to users the U.S. All 268 episodes of the shows will be available to watch starting Friday, Nov. 30, under a licensing pact with 20th Century Fox Television.

Facebook has set up dedicated show pages for each of the series: “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” will be available at this link; “Angel” is available at this link; and “Firefly” is streaming here.

[x]

You, of course need to have a Facebook account to view the pages.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
^ Oh, I loved the crossover with Oz and Spike when Spike taunts Angel about Buffy's new boyfriend (Parker): "I ran into dear old Buffy - your name didn't come up."

I think its biggest success was replacing the incredible Doyle with the equally incredible Wesley. The shift in the group dynamic was really interesting.

That scene was gold.

Still sad about Doyle though.
*Lethe's Bramble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

SEASON 1 FILL OUT FORM

HTML Code:
[B]⇾ Favorite Character(s):[/B]
[B]⇾ Favorite Couple(s):[/B]
[B]⇾ Favorite Friendship(s):[/B]
[B]⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s):[/B]
[B]⇾ Favorite episode:?[/B]
[B]⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc):[/B]
[B]⇾ Buffy season 4 or Angel season 1:[/b]
[B]⇾ Wolfram & Hart or Angel Investigations:[/B]
[B]⇾ Favorite W&H character:[/B]
[B]⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s):[/B]
[B]⇾ LEAST favorite character (can be regular or guest):[/B]
[B]⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: [/B]
[B]⇾ Least favorite episode: [/B]
[B]⇾ Least favorite character addition?[/B]
[B]⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? [/B] 
[B]⇾ Doyle or Wesley[/B] 
[B]⇾ OG Trio (Angel/Cordy/Doyle) vs NU Trio (Angel/Cordy/Wes)? [/B] 
[B]⇾ Favorite crossover/collab episode? [I] "The Bachelor Party", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Sanctuary":[/I] [/B]  
[B]⇾ Favorite Flashback:
(example: Favorite scene we saw in flashbacks like of Angelus or something...  [/B] 
[B]⇾ Best character introduction?[/B]
[B]⇾ Favorite crossover guest star? [I]
[B]⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:?[/B]
[B]⇾ Episode you considered so underrated?[/B]
[B]⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: [/B]

Last edited by eternalfate; 08-17-2020 at 04:49 PM
Old 08-19-2020, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Cordelia, Angel
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): Cordelia/Doyle
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Cordelia/Angel
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): Wesley
⇾ Favorite episode:? I Will Remember You
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc): Faith/Buffy
⇾ Buffy season 4 or Angel season 1: Mmh both were fine.
⇾ Wolfram & Hart or Angel Investigations: Angel Investigations
⇾ Favorite W&H character: Lilah
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): none
⇾ LEAST favorite character (can be regular or guest): none
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: Mmh how Doyle´s story ended was so sad.
⇾ Least favorite episode: I fell to pieces -> too creepy
⇾ Least favorite character addition? None
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? Can`t think of one.
⇾ Doyle or Wesley Wesley -> sorry but he´s more fun IMO
⇾ OG Trio (Angel/Cordy/Doyle) vs NU Trio (Angel/Cordy/Wes)? NU Trio (Cordy, Angel, Wesley)
⇾ Favorite crossover/collab episode? "The Bachelor Party", "I Will Remember You", "Five by Five", "Sanctuary": I will Remember You
⇾ Favorite Flashback:
(example: Favorite scene we saw in flashbacks like of Angelus or something...
The Angelus flsahbacks like in "Somnambulist" for example.
⇾ Best character introduction? Wesley
⇾ Favorite crossover guest star? Sarah Michelle Gellar
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:? Five by Five
⇾ Episode you considered so underrated? Can´t think of one.
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: It was a good start yeah so 6 points from me.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread