Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

Angel Episode Discussion:Blood Money

Thursday, November 11th @ 8am(ET)TNT
"Blood Money" TV-PG-DLV, CC
Angel helps a woman who runs a worthy charity avoid being cheated by Wolfram and Hart.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

BLOOD MONEY

The Good;
Anne's back, wonderful the way minor characters from old eps can now assume major roles in the Buffyverse. A nice pastiche of the cynicism of major corporations.
The Bad;
Couldn't they have got some real TV stars to do that benefit?
Best line:
Lindsey "Boo hoo Lilah, let me wipe away the tears with my plastic hand!"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Anne refer to a 14 year old prositute lying in her own blood after a rough trick, uuggghhhh! (real life always more horrific than supernatural evil)
Apocalypses: 4
Angel Cliches
Damsel in distress; 17
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 7
DB get's his shirt off; 11
Cordy's tattoo;3
Cheap Angel; he owes Merle money
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 8
Wes: 3

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 10
Angel: 12
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Kills: Half a demon for Wes and Gunn
Cordy: 5 vamps, 1½ demons
Angel; 22 vamps, 31 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 1 demon
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 5 vamps+ 2 and half demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 6

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed; Holland the scumbag appears again, I bet he's looking up rather than down and could use some ice about now
4;
Total number of Angel Investigations: 3 or 1?
4, Angel, Cordy, Wes and Gunn

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 10
Packing heat;
Wes; 2
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 2 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast
Angel: 1;Buffy
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Kennell's school for girls, why is it that the buildings supernatural evil always seems to be drawn to are filled with teenage schoolgirls? (The Craft, Suspira, Carrie and countless trashier efforts, Satan's School for Girls, 5 Girls anyone?) Or did I just answer my own question? It's implied that Angel enjoys dressing up in Cordy's clothes. Angel says he is hitching a ride in Lilah's back seat, probably literally but the way he says it hints at innuendo.
Captain Subtext;
The 'Life Lessons' actress is asked why they made her character gay, an obvious nod to Willow on Buffy
Know the face, different character; Anne/Lily/Chantrelle but still the same girl
Parking garages; yep, Angel attacks Lilah in hers
Guantanamo Bay;
More Merle bashing, you genuinely start to feel sorry for him.
Buffy characters on Angel; 14
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master, Anne
Questions and observations;
Angel criticises Merle's beanbags, surely he had some during the Manilow years. We're told that Angel was in Mexico in the 20s and fought Boon over a girl, love to see that in the comics some time. Love his built-in knuckledusters. So why doesn't Anne recognise Angel when she was introduced to him in the Buffy ep Lie to Me? Interesting to see Wes as Bond, he would have been great in the Roger Moore style. Presumably Angel beats Boon for the money.
Marks out of 10; 6/10 standalone ep, some nice stuff with Anne and Boon and some nice humour with Lindsey and Lilah.
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow, Angel's plan to trick Wolfram & Hart was complex! I liked how he had them believe he had proof about their wrong doings. Felt for Anne, she truly just wants to help the kids and was oblivious to their evil deeds. I loved how the tape was of silly clips of Wesley and Cordy. I'm guessing they were filmed before Angel fired them. I get that the others are tired of waiting for Angel to come to them and apologise for firing them and decide to set up their own agency, but they need to keep an eye on Angel. He is currently falling for Wolfram and Hart's true plan for him, in that doing all those evil deeds just to make him more obsessed about bringing them down and turning darker and darker in the process. Or is Angel only making them believe that he is going dark I wonder....
Old 11-11-2023, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

The writer said Angel killed Boone. Pity. I kind of liked him.
Old 12-06-2023, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes that tape with the silly clips of Cordy and Wesley amused me too.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread